D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recently Viewed Movies

+18
jarred
jacobxw
53volkswagens
DirtCity
shanholtzer
brummy
Yoibomb
dayisdone
Hoarse Pat
chrislynch
butt_coffin
GuyInAWilcoShirt
DeathandTexas
hosebeast
Popsiclesyay
ACSlaterBeatMeUp
Zetterberger
Haverchuck
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:49 am

Hoarse Pat

I watched It's Kind Of A Funny Story the other night. I liked it.

102Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:42 am

chrislynch

Last night I watched I Think We're Alone Now. It was a pretty interesting documentary about two people who are obsessed with 80s pop star Tiffany. If you get a chance to check it out, definitely do so. Question

103Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

chrislynch wrote:Last night I watched I Think We're Alone Now. It was a pretty interesting documentary about two people who are obsessed with 80s pop star Tiffany. If you get a chance to check it out, definitely do so. Question

That sounds pretty cool, I'll look for it.

Last edited by Haverchuck on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.myspace.com/downgoesfrazier

104Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Hoarse Pat

Today I watched Taking Woodstock. I wasn't impressed, and I think they should have used Emile Hirsch more. I also watched the last half of Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince and Inglorious Basterds. I do not like how they left some crucial parts out of The Half-Blood Prince, but I still think it could have been significantly worse. Looking forward to The Deathly Hallows. I like how Tarantino changed history in his film. Too bad I didn't catch The Bear Jew walking through the tunnel with the bat scraping along the walls.

105Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:39 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

have you seen the original inglorious bastards? it's obviously not as funny or gorey, but it's really good, and i don't even usually like older movies.

i've been watching friday the 13th movies lately, and jesus christ i miss my childhood. the whole slasher dynamic is gone forever from american cinema, at least until scream 4 comes out lol. my favorites so far are part 7 and part 6. the end of 6 is just flawless as a fan of that stuff. i just finished jason goes to hell and i honestly can't tell if it was made as a comedy, or as an actual horror movie.

also, fuck whoever decided to greenlight jason goes to space and feddy vs jason featuring 1/3 of destiny's child.

i'm going to start watching the halloweens on wednesday. i'll watch 1-3, skip the rest, then watch rob zombie's first one.

106Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 am

Hoarse Pat

Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason don't count. I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, but I can tell you that when it goes into space, it's no longer part of the series, just like that one Hellraiser movie.
I don't understand why you'll watch Halloween 3. That had absolutely nothing to do with the first two and all the following ones. Michael Myers is not in it, it's about witches or some dumb shit.
Anyone on the this board going to be watching the original House on Haunted Hill or NIght of The Living Dead? Or any old cult movies? I'm planning on starting with those Wednesday.

107Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:33 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

watched Breaking Upwards last night. I liked it. Some of the dialogue made me cringe.

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

108Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:56 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

Watched Rob Zombie's Halloween last night, as well as Halloween II and Cabin Fever.

I think Cabin Fever may have made it into the top ten worst movies for me.

109Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

Hoarse Pat wrote:Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason don't count. I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, but I can tell you that when it goes into space, it's no longer part of the series, just like that one Hellraiser movie.
I don't understand why you'll watch Halloween 3. That had absolutely nothing to do with the first two and all the following ones. Michael Myers is not in it, it's about witches or some dumb shit.

you don't to tell me these things. i know that it's fucking stupid that that shit happened, especially after all the great expectations that everyone had for freddy vs jason, including myself. i still, though, have yet to see it. just sounds terrible beyond belief. jason x, what in the fuck was that. have you seen halloween 3: season of the witch? it's one of my favorite horror movies of all time, i don't know why you WOULDN'T watch it. it has a fucking awesome score, some super weird actors and a pretty interesting script overall. michael myers being absent from this movie doesn't bother me, as john carpenter wanted him to stop appearing in movies after the first one as to leave things as if michael was still out there being a weirdo. instead, they've exhausted his character to no end hurfa durff whatever. if you haven't seen it, and you like horror movies, i see no reason as to why you wouldn't get into it.

Last edited by hosebeast on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

110Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:42 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

Haverchuck wrote:Watched Rob Zombie's Halloween last night, as well as Halloween II and Cabin Fever.

cabin fever rules

111Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

hosebeast wrote:
Haverchuck wrote:Watched Rob Zombie's Halloween last night, as well as Halloween II and Cabin Fever.

cabin fever rules

I hear ya dude, but it was just change over after change over after chang over. It's and Eli Roth movie as well, I really thought I would have liked it. Maybe it's one of those "you had to watch it when it came out" kinda things, I dunno.

112Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Hoarse Pat

hosebeast wrote:
Hoarse Pat wrote:Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason don't count. I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, but I can tell you that when it goes into space, it's no longer part of the series, just like that one Hellraiser movie.

you don't to tell me these things. i know that it's fucking stupid that that shit happened, especially after all the great expectations that everyone had for freddy vs jason, including myself. i still, though, have yet to see it. just sounds terrible beyond belief. jason x, what in the fuck was that. have you seen halloween 3: season of the witch? it's one of my favorite horror movies of all time, i don't know why you WOULDN'T watch it. it has a fucking awesome score, some super weird actors and a pretty interesting script overall. michael myers being absent from this movie doesn't bother me, as john carpenter wanted him to stop appearing in movies after the first one as to leave things as if michael was still out there being a weirdo. instead, they've exhausted his character to no end hurfa durff whatever. if you haven't seen it, and you like horror movies, i see no reason as to why you wouldn't get into it.

I thought you would know all that I had told you, so that comes as no surprise. The last time I saw Halloween 3 was a long time ago. I was young, and don't remember much except that i hated it because Michael Myers wasn't in it. Maybe I'll watch it again this week.

113Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:55 am

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

Maybe it's just me, but I don't expect too much out of my horror movies. I absolutely loved Freddy vs. Jason for what it was. Could it have been better? Yes. But I thought it was a fun, campy movie with a ton of blood and that's alright with me. There's no way it could have been worse than Freddy's Dead.

114Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:32 am

Hoarse Pat

I hate your posi take on movies. You said Good Luck Chuck made you laugh, and that was good enough for you. At least you like/own a ton of good movies.

115Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:35 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Hoarse Pat wrote:I hate your posi take on movies. You said Good Luck Chuck made you laugh, and that was good enough for you. At least you like/own a ton of good movies.

You hate when people enjoy movies?

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

116Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

Yoibomb wrote:
Hoarse Pat wrote:I hate your posi take on movies. You said Good Luck Chuck made you laugh, and that was good enough for you. At least you like/own a ton of good movies.

I don't get it. You're POSI Pat.

117Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:56 am

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

Yoibomb wrote:

I don't recall ever stating that I laughed at Good Luck Chuck...I've never even seen Good Luck Chuck.

How I judge a movie is to go in with no expectation (usually, there are some exceptions...remakes mostly) and see if it can win me over. If I can enjoy a campy/crappy movie, that's cool. Will it make my top 10 best movie list, most likely not. But best movie and fun movie don't mean the same thing. I'll watch just about anything and find something to enjoy. Not every movie needs a deep plot that will stimulate my mind and make me think. Sometimes I like to shut my brain off and enjoy stuff. Crazy, I know.

118Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:23 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Pollock_imp

I like Ed Harris a lot now.

This is my current Netflix DVD queue:
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 2mwv4f7

Like a gravity bong of Godard

119Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:29 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

Fell asleep watching this
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Babies

Probably won't try to watch it again

120Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:32 am

Hoarse Pat

ACSlaterBeatMeUp wrote:
Yoibomb wrote:

I don't recall ever stating that I laughed at Good Luck Chuck...I've never even seen Good Luck Chuck.

How I judge a movie is to go in with no expectation (usually, there are some exceptions...remakes mostly) and see if it can win me over. If I can enjoy a campy/crappy movie, that's cool. Will it make my top 10 best movie list, most likely not. But best movie and fun movie don't mean the same thing. I'll watch just about anything and find something to enjoy. Not every movie needs a deep plot that will stimulate my mind and make me think. Sometimes I like to shut my brain off and enjoy stuff. Crazy, I know.

I didn't meant to come off as asshole, and I must be thinking of another movie that we had once talked about. My comment wasn't to be taken seriously, and I enjoy lots of movies that aren't mind-bending, artsy, etc. If I watch a movie with great acting but the writing isn't great, I'll hate it on for the writing, and vice versa. I guess I'm kind of a snob, but I can usually find something to like about most movies and take notice of it just like the bad.

And yes Matt, I hate it more than anything when people enjoy movies.

121Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:32 am

Hoarse Pat

shanholtzer wrote:Fell asleep watching this
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Babies

Probably won't try to watch it again

I also fell asleep watching this. I guess it was the lack of dialogue.

I saw Howl last night. I'm a Ginsberg fan, and I thought it was very good.

122Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 1_midi
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Great-happiness-space
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Serenity
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 4144F0Z4K8L
Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Gran-torino-FL-poster-full

123Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

Yoibomb wrote:

creeeeeped me out

124Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

I haven't seen the "International Cut." I hear it's even creepier.

125Recently Viewed Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Movies Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:09 am

Hoarse Pat

shanholtzer wrote:
Yoibomb wrote:

creeeeeped me out

As a young boy, I used to watch this movie a lot. Still love it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum