D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0

+17
Zetterberger
AlexL
don222ald
Lurchtheicefist
brummy
dingbat
damienthulhu
Yoibomb
Thunderbeard
ijustwishi
DirtCity
hosebeast
shanholtzer
matt254543
GuyInAWilcoShirt
mmcxii
jacobxw
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

151Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 am

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

mmcxii wrote:stay far far away from Dano mini-pedals.

still have to say i havent had any problems with my dano gear and i thoroughly enjoy it but once again different strokes different folks and i do respect you having a different opinion

edit: i do realize that they arent the greatest and things are tons upon tons better but for the 20-30 price its good for what you invest in it

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

152Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

I have around 5 Dano minis and they all shat themselves withing the first 3 years, including a tuner that lasted a good week and a half. Sorry, I'm kind of biased.

153Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 pm

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

mmcxii wrote:I have around 5 Dano minis and they all shat themselves withing the first 3 years, including a tuner that lasted a good week and a half. Sorry, I'm kind of biased.

granted you really just cant expect that much out of a 20 dollar pedal but i am definitly happy with mine

154Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 pm

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

either way my point wasnt about how much i like my pedals it was that people do like stuff that other people dont like

155Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

i used the dan-echo and it ruled, i have the sitar swami and as obnoxious as it is, and unusable for guitar as it is, it works for hosebeast. they also have that coolcat transparent overdrive thats a straight clone of the timmy, a pedal that costs like what, $200? and i totally agree about the markup from name recognition. that's why you look at what the guitar is made of, and the hardware that is in the guitar. now, i personally don't like the way that a lot of "metal" guitars look, and i straight can't stand the ibanez aesthetic. that's an opinion, but what i'm saying is that if something is made cheaply, you're going to be able to tell. the thing zach posted is probably an amazing guitar, but i would never buy or use one on purpose, just like a lot of you wouldn't give a fuck about a '62 jazzmaster. that's the difference, and prior to reading jack's post, i had no idea that that ibanez guitar was anything special.

i don't want people to misinterpret what i'm saying here. you can like what you like; whatever aesthetic is visually pleasing to you is yr own business, but the difference between well crafted musical equipment and shitty musical equipment is a pretty big one.

don't think i'm a dick, guys lol.

156Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 pm

mmcxii

mmcxii

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some huge Ibanez fanatic either, but I've had a cheap-ass one for years and years, and for my sized hands and playing style, the neck is absolutely perfect. I'm still trying to find something better, but I haven't. That's why I'm refinishing and upgrading the bridge and pickups. God damn, it needs to get warm out again so I can get started on that again.

157Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 am

brummy

brummy

hosebeast wrote:i don't get it; i may have abrasive opinions on some things,

yr an abrasive person, j

fuckin drive down here and lets make some abrasive jamz. fuck the snow, you have front wheel drive now

158Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 am

don222ald

peavey bass amp
geddy lee fender jazz bass
and hondo ii professional guitar

rendeer

159Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

I'm bored so I'm going to post all the crap that's mine.

Drums:
Mapex Pro M. 24,13,16,18. Pearl 14x8 maple snare.

Zildjian Avedis
24" medium ride, 21" sweet ride, 19" medium crash, 18" medium thin crash over Z Custom rock crash for hi hats.

Stuff I don't use as much:

Pearl SBX 20,10,12,14 (which I'm still trying to sell)

20" A Custom ping ride, 18" k custom dark crash, 14" avedis new beat hi hats.

Other snares: Pearl brass sensitone 14x6.5; pearl maple free floating piccolo 14x3.5; mapex pro m 14x6.5

Yamaha DTXPRESS III electronic kit

Guitars, etc:
Fender 1952 Hot Rod Telecaster
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Goth SG (I'm so goth)
Epiphone Masterbilt southern jumbo acoustic.

Lanikai Ukelele

50 or 60 year old Harmony banjo (need to fix it)

Piece of crap Rogue bass... yeah...
Piece of crap Samick acoustic that I keep in my closet instead of selling for some reason. (used to be my sister's)

Amps:
Fender Blues Deluxe combo
Laney AOR 50 that doesn't work. THANKS JACOB.

Marshall MG 50 combo(YEEEEAH)

Some no name 5 watt guitar am (used to be my sister's)
Rogue 20 watt bass combo. Anybody want to buy this for any reason?

?:
Casio keyboard.

Wow, I have a lot of crap. I'll have to take pictures of all of this some time.

Last edited by DirtCity on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

160Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

Lurchtheicefist

Lurchtheicefist

I'm bored too, and I need to post my real stuff haha.

Amp head-http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RH450/

Bass Cabs-http://www.avatarspeakers.com/ An Avatar 410 and 210, both 4 ohms, black carpet.

Fretless Black MIM Fender 5 String with black pearloid pickguard, custom defret job and Bartolini 59CBJD pick-ups.

OLP 5 String Stingray, with Seymour Duncan SMB5 alnico pick-ups.

6 String Ibanez SR 506-LOLOLOLOLOLOL 6 STRINGS

Ibanez GSR 200

Recording Gear-Digi 002 recording interface, Art MPA gold dual channel pre-amp, Joe Meek VC 3 Compressor/Pre, 3 SM-57's, Sm-58, pair of Rode NT 5 pencil condensers, Pro-Tools 8, pair of Alesis m1 520 Active monitors.

I've owned Jacob's Marshall 412, an Eden 212, Avatar 212, a shitty G&K cab, QSC PLX power amp, Aguilar Tone Hammer, Eden WT-400, Ampeg SVT-3 Pro, and BEAR THE BASS COMBO. All great stuff(my least favorite was the Ampeg, overrated as fuck) but I'm finally completely satisfied with my rig now. I may even sell the 6 string now that I have the OLP.

161Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:18 am

brummy

brummy

hey i might be finna get some new cymbals sometime in the fairly near future. lookin for something real heavy and penetrating. what do you drum nigs suggest?

162Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

brummy wrote:hey i might be finna get some new cymbals sometime in the fairly near future. lookin for something real heavy and penetrating. what do you drum nigs suggest?

Not to go with super heavy cymbals. In my experience, any of the cymbals made for HEAVY PLAYING sound awful. You can penetrate sound walls with any bright, cutting cymbals. Just stay away from Custom and AA-METAL-X. Paiste Rude actually sound decent, but they're super expensive.

163Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Buy my 14" Sabian AAXplosion crash! It's brand new and I've never played it! 80 bucks!

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

164Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

If you like smaller cymbals, that'd be a good accent cymbal. The AAxplosions are pretty good at cutting through.

165Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 am

brummy

brummy

DirtCity wrote:
brummy wrote:hey i might be finna get some new cymbals sometime in the fairly near future. lookin for something real heavy and penetrating. what do you drum nigs suggest?

Not to go with super heavy cymbals. In my experience, any of the cymbals made for HEAVY PLAYING sound awful. You can penetrate sound walls with any bright, cutting cymbals. Just stay away from Custom and AA-METAL-X. Paiste Rude actually sound decent, but they're super expensive.

yeah ive gone through 2 18" cymbals already. one was an AA thin crash and the other a zildjian thin crash. ive been meaning to look into paiste and meinl as ive only used zildjian and sabian before. you say paiste is expensive, but is it worth it or do you think i would be better off with something else. also, what do you think of meinl?

166Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 am

brummy

brummy

yeah im lookin for something thats at least 18". thanks though.

167Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

brummy wrote:
DirtCity wrote:

yeah ive gone through 2 18" cymbals already. one was an AA thin crash and the other a zildjian thin crash. ive been meaning to look into paiste and meinl as ive only used zildjian and sabian before. you say paiste is expensive, but is it worth it or do you think i would be better off with something else. also, what do you think of meinl?

I don't have much experience with Meinl, but they're becoming more popular all the time. The Underoath drummer uses them and they became a fad in scene bands, but from what I've heard they sound good.

Are you cracking cymbals? I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but have you looked at your technique for hitting cymbals? If you hit cymbals correctly they really shouldn't break.

Part of that involved picking the right cymbals for the right application. Don't pick dark, thin, jazzy cymbals and then beat the crap out of them in a grind band.

My favorite cymbals are Zildjian Avedis, usually medium or medium thin. They're versatile and I enjoy the hell out of mine. I also use really big cymbals, which makes them more suited to my playing.

168Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:28 am

brummy

brummy

DirtCity wrote:

I don't have much experience with Meinl, but they're becoming more popular all the time. The Underoath drummer uses them and they became a fad in scene bands, but from what I've heard they sound good.

Are you cracking cymbals? I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but have you looked at your technique for hitting cymbals? If you hit cymbals correctly they really shouldn't break.

Part of that involved picking the right cymbals for the right application. Don't pick dark, thin, jazzy cymbals and then beat the crap out of them in a grind band.

My favorite cymbals are Zildjian Avedis, usually medium or medium thin. They're versatile and I enjoy the hell out of mine. I also use really big cymbals, which makes them more suited to my playing.

One of em did more than crack, hahaha it kind of had chunks missing. the other cracked right near the bell

i dont know how well you dudes know me and my playing style, but i used to play with marching snare sticks the size of small trees if that gives any indication of how i plan to use these cymbals. i beat the fuck outta things.

but as far as i know, im hitting everything correctly. i used to break sticks all the time (hence the marching sticks) but i adjusted my cymbal stands and the way i played a little bit and its not bad anymore

ill head to CA sometime soon, see what they have. i wish they had more shit on display though, and they rarely have crashs bigger than 18".

Last edited by brummy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

169Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:48 am

brummy

brummy

pahurfdurf recommended me z customs. apparently dude from bongripper uses em, so they should be heavy as fuck. what do you dudes think?

170Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 am

GuyInAWilcoShirt

GuyInAWilcoShirt

brummy wrote:pahurfdurf recommended me z customs. apparently dude from bongripper uses em, so they should be heavy as fuck. what do you dudes think?

had a ride and a crash/ride, they sounded like horrible to me but they were cheap, so that was a plus.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

171Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

Don't go Z Customs, they just sound like trash to my ears. And personally, I'd rather look at the way I play and change it a little bit to stretch the longevity of my gear than smash stuff and have to buy cymbals all the time. I mean, I hit hard... real hard. But I don't break anything.

I have broken stuff before, but I play a little better now and I haven't had any breakage problems in a while. My last cymbal broke due to just plain overplaying. It was too small for the workout I was giving it.

Plus, real heavy cymbals actually can break easier than others. Because they're so thick, they don't as much room to vibrate and they develop cracks easier.

172Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

CZECH OUT MY NEW BOARD GUISE!

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 2553xhf

not finished, that's just how it's going to be set up. i need to tape the PS cables under the pedals, put the carpeting in, velcro my pedals and attach a power strip there in that shallow part in the top right. anyways, this thing fucking rules and i'm happier than anything in the world with it. funny, after i plugged everything in, my guitar cable, the one i've used for like 2-3 years now, has a wicked short in it. i need to buy two 20/30 ft. cables now. one for guitar>board, and the other for board>amp. any suggestions?

173Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

That's fucking cool lookin' there.

174Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:06 pm

brummy

brummy

hosebeast wrote:plugged everything in, my guitar cable, the one i've used for like 2-3 years now, has a wicked short in it. i need to buy two 20/30 ft. cables now. one for guitar>board, and the other for board>amp. any suggestions?

get one of dem lava cable coil things

175Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 7 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:09 pm

brummy

brummy

DirtCity wrote:And personally, I'd rather look at the way I play and change it a little bit to stretch the longevity of my gear than smash stuff and have to buy cymbals all the time.

Those have been the only two cymbals ive broken. ive had my ride longer than anything else in my setup and ive beaten the fuck out of it over the course of about 10 years. sayin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum