D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0

+17
Zetterberger
AlexL
don222ald
Lurchtheicefist
brummy
dingbat
damienthulhu
Yoibomb
Thunderbeard
ijustwishi
DirtCity
hosebeast
shanholtzer
matt254543
GuyInAWilcoShirt
mmcxii
jacobxw
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

176Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:41 pm

jacobxw

jacobxw

J, your board looks fucking awesome. How much did that run you? if you don't mind me asking.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

177Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:53 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

thanks!

the board its self, or all the pedals on it? those boards are $100, brand new. total steal when you factor in the 15 or so patch cables and 13 prong 1-spot type thing that comes with it. it's powered, has stereo out, and an input for yr guitar/bass. i love it.

178Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

hosebeast wrote:thanks!

the board its self, or all the pedals on it? those boards are $100, brand new. total steal when you factor in the 15 or so patch cables and 13 prong 1-spot type thing that comes with it. it's powered, has stereo out, and an input for yr guitar/bass. i love it.
that's awesome. well, once i get a job again, and few more pedals. I'm going to look into something like that.

179Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:22 pm

AlexL

I got a Peavey International Series drumset. I've had it for 5 years and Peavey doesn't make drums anymore. So I like to think it's the shit. Haha.

22x18 bass drum
12x10 rack tom
16x16 floor tom
14x6.5 snare drum

Sounds decent, if you've ever seen Months To Go, Psych, or Never Lose Heart you may have heard it. I never played in Never Lose Heart, Matt just uses my kit alot. haha

It has a steel snare which is my favorite piece on it. It's super loud, sensitive, and sounds awesome. The rest of the shells are wood, no idea what kind though.

I got mainly Zildjian ZHT's on it now. I want to eventually upgrade everything to Paiste 2002's though.

14" rock hats
Paiste 18" medium crash
20" medium ride
18" rock crash

They don't sound horrible and they get the job done. I also got all Dixon hardware that I love. It's a smaller brand name but it's super sturdy and I've never had a problem with it. I've played like 50 shows and hundred of practices and it's all held up.

I use a few different heads. I got an Aquarian Super Kick 2 on my bass, with a Remo Ebony with a 5.5" port hole. I got Evans G2 coated on my toms, with Remo Pinstripe clears on the bottom. On my snare I got Evans HD Genera Dry on top [which I love love love] and Evans Hazy 300 on the bottom.

I also use Aquarian Cymbal Springs on all my stands. I take off the bottom rubber washer though and replace it with a normal cymbal felt. It gives it a more natural feel.

I'll put a picture up soon.

180Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:40 pm

matt254543

brummy wrote:pahurfdurf recommended me z customs. apparently dude from bongripper uses em, so they should be heavy as fuck. what do you dudes think?

I had a Z custom 18 inch crash once. Of all the cymbals I've broken, it broke the fastest. I know I don't play right though. I don't give a fuck either! Break Stuff! It's more punk to play with broken cymbals anyway. Especially if they are Sabian B8's.

But yeah, like Adam said, the Z customs don't sound very good. I'm not even someone that cares about equipment, or tuning my drums, or anything to make stuff sound good, and I think they sound bad.

181Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 am

matt254543

I'm really bored so I'll list what I use too.

I have two drumsets now thanks to Eric for giving me an awesome deal!

Tama Superstar 4 piece kit

14 inch snare - I think i have an evans head on this
12 inch tom - remo coated pinstripe head
16 inch floor tom - remo coated pinstripe head
22 inch bass drum - aquarian superkick 2

Tama Swingstar 5 piece
14 inch snare
12 and 13 inch tom
16 inch floor tom
22 inch bass drum

I believe the tom heads on this kit are clear evans g2. the snare is something different and I'm not sure about the bass drum.

Cymbals

14 inch Zildjian A custom Projection hi-hats
17 inch Zildjian A Medium Crash I think (I should pay closer attention to what I own)
20 inch Zildjian A custom Projection Ride
20 inch Zildjian Z custom Ride (I don't play this one though)

182Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 am

brummy

brummy

speaking of not paying better attention to what you own. i guess that 19" projection i have actually is a z custom.i kinda like it though. it's timbre isn't so great, but it is loud and it does penetrate really well.

183Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

matt254543 wrote:

fuck you

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

184Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:09 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

shanholtzer wrote:
matt254543 wrote:

fuck you

Derrick, how much are you willing to spend for a shell pack?

185Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:48 am

matt254543

shanholtzer wrote:
matt254543 wrote:

fuck you

sorry man. I just wish we could put this in the past and be friends.

186Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread and I'm going to light the fire that was going earlier.

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 549473

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 49_p56607
(this was the only picture I could find...I don't own two of em.)

Neither one of these guitars were expensive. I bought one used for 250, the other new for 500. I play fast, or at least I used to more than I do now, and there is no better neck for a fast guitar player than an Ibanez. The necks feel just right, they're one of the lighest guitars you can get. I want to use them more but I just don't feel right not using my Les Paul for Horseburner.

Also, I'm still selling my Marshall JCM 2000 head. All the electronics have been re worked like an original Marshall head would've been. New tubes as I didn't really get to run it much. Good cosmetic shape, the carrying handle is ripped up a little, and the end of the footswitch is a little messy.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

187Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:35 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

Got my old Peavey bass back from Jeremy a couple days ago. I forgot how light it is, and how much I like how it plays. I used to hate that thing for some reason. Anyways, I'm putting new strings on both my basses this weekend, because I'm using that Peavey bass in Nerve Damage now. What strings do you guys prefer? I'm using Ernie Ball Slinky Round Wound bass strings (50-70-85-105). I don't know that much about strings, wish I knew more.

TRYING TO BUMP THIS THING! POST YOUR SHIT!

188Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

jacobxw wrote:Got my old Peavey bass back from Jeremy a couple days ago. I forgot how light it is, and how much I like how it plays. I used to hate that thing for some reason. Anyways, I'm putting new strings on both my basses this weekend, because I'm using that Peavey bass in Nerve Damage now. What strings do you guys prefer? I'm using Ernie Ball Slinky Round Wound bass strings (50-70-85-105). I don't know that much about strings, wish I knew more.

I been using the same Rotosound Nexus strings for about a year, and they've yet to sound dead or rust. The trade-off is that they're almost twice as expensive as Ernie Balls and I don't think CA House carries them, so I have to get them online. I think it's worth it, though. They're the best sounding strings I've ever used.

189Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:18 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

mmcxii wrote:
jacobxw wrote:Got my old Peavey bass back from Jeremy a couple days ago. I forgot how light it is, and how much I like how it plays. I used to hate that thing for some reason. Anyways, I'm putting new strings on both my basses this weekend, because I'm using that Peavey bass in Nerve Damage now. What strings do you guys prefer? I'm using Ernie Ball Slinky Round Wound bass strings (50-70-85-105). I don't know that much about strings, wish I knew more.

I been using the same Rotosound Nexus strings for about a year, and they've yet to sound dead or rust. The trade-off is that they're almost twice as expensive as Ernie Balls and I don't think CA House carries them, so I have to get them online. I think it's worth it, though. They're the best sounding strings I've ever used.
That's awesome. I'll have to look into those, what gauge do you use?

190Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:23 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

45-105

191Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 2ewcfmp

current guitar board = korg pitchblack>whammy>boss ps-3>behringer rv600>line 6 tremolo>moho russian muff>mxr carbon copy>EHX stereo memory man>boss dd-20

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Sp9p8x

fender jagstang/fender twin reverb

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Dwuz3p

not currently in use for the gaze around me - line 6 liqua flange/echo park>problem area looper>other whammy>boss ds-1>first act delay stolen by a fellow boarder>dano fish n' chips eq>boss re-20

not pictured: hosebox

192Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

thanks tinypic

193Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 pm

brummy

brummy

hosebeast wrote:thanks tinypic

photobucket!

194Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

DirtCity wrote:

what is a shell pack?

something like this?
Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Mkdd_triple_red_shells

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

195Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:31 pm

dingbat

dingbat

I'm all about D'addario pro steels. They don't have a terribly long life, but they are the brightest strings out there and they're pretty inexpensive which makes that short life more justifiable.

http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

196Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:58 pm

brummy

brummy

shanholtzer wrote:
DirtCity wrote:

what is a shell pack?

just the drums. no heads, no hardware, nothin but wood.

197Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:09 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

brummy wrote:
shanholtzer wrote:
DirtCity wrote:

what is a shell pack?

just the drums. no heads, no hardware, nothin but wood.

Bingo.

198Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

man i gotta sell that re20 and a whammy

somebody buy something

199Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 pm

brummy

brummy

hosebeast wrote:man i gotta sell that re20 and a whammy

somebody buy something

turn it into a real space echo and we'll talk

200Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

Jacob got a new bass.

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 8 Gene-simmons-axe-bass-real

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum