D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0

+17
Zetterberger
AlexL
don222ald
Lurchtheicefist
brummy
dingbat
damienthulhu
Yoibomb
Thunderbeard
ijustwishi
DirtCity
hosebeast
shanholtzer
matt254543
GuyInAWilcoShirt
mmcxii
jacobxw
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

126Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

Yoibomb wrote:yo dawg yo shitz backwurd

HAHAHAHA!

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

127Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 637713
Has anyone ever used one of these? I'm looking for a good delay pedal, but I don't want to spend a lot on one, yet.
I'm using it for bass, not guitar if that would make difference.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DeltaLab-DD1-Digital-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=501255

128Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:10 am

brummy

brummy

i saw some demos that looked decent for that thing, but id personally want something with more time. i dont know exactly how you plan to use it though

129Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

jacobxw wrote:Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 637713
Has anyone ever used one of these? I'm looking for a good delay pedal, but I don't want to spend a lot on one, yet.
I'm using it for bass, not guitar if that would make difference.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DeltaLab-DD1-Digital-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=501255

delta labs shit sucks, you should have bought that dan echo!
that's the thing with gear, you 100%, through and through, get what you pay for. i don't think there's a decent delay that costs under $100 new, there's just no getting around it. you can get deals on used stuff though. be more specific with what you want to do with it and i'll help steer you in the right direction, my son. delay is a very versitle effect; it's not like wah or chorus or phaserz or flange in the sense that you have a shallow or deep sound. you have a lot of options here, like if you want reverse delay, looping, ducking, whatever... there are a lot of things to consider. let's start here:

what kinds of sounds are you looking to make with this thing, jacob? and if even for a short amount of time, are you wanting to be able to loop?

130Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:20 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

somebody is selling one of these at HC for $165, and you'll never find a better deal than that. it has a 23 second looper, 4 presets, and is literally infinitely tweakable. thing slays harder than anything ever, and i honestly could not live without mine. check it out:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=531

131Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 am

Lurchtheicefist

Lurchtheicefist

WELL LOOKS LIKE I HAVE ALL OF YOU FAGGOTS BEAT. AS YOU KNOW, I ROCK SOME PRETTY HIGH END GEAR BUT NOW I'VE GOTTEN THE ULTIMATE BASS RIG. got all this at CA House fuck yeah

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Lg_bass_rogue_VB100_f

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Line-6-Spider-III-75-Watt-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-300x300

for my fucking heavy ass distorted sounds, then I run all that power into this badboy

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 SQU0717150000

Tone for fuckin' days man. ROCK.

132Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

i can't tell if yr joking or not because those amps are fucking terrible

133Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

TONE

FOR

FUCKIN'

DAYS

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

134Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

hosebeast wrote:i can't tell if yr joking or not because those amps are fucking terrible

You might have the worst sarcasm detector this side of youtube. Just sayin'

135Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

Also, selling my Sunn Concert Bass. $300. WHUSSUP

136Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

jacobxw

jacobxw

mmcxii wrote:Also, selling my Sunn Concert Bass. $300. WHUSSUP
fuckk, did you get it to stop over heating?

Also, J, thanks for the information (seriously). I'm not sure what I want to do with the delay pedal, because I've never fucked with one before. Oh well, I guess I'll go big or not get anything at all.

137Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm

mmcxii

mmcxii

It still overheats, but apparently almost all of them do, from what I've heard. It's still usable for about an hour or two before it gets too hot and you start losing sound. I'd really like to keep it and get it all fixed up, but with my current money situation, that's just not gonna happen. Oh well.

138Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:42 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

i've heard people say that ibanez makes the best guitars, and i don't know who that is in real life.

jacob, it comes down to if you want to loop/have presets, or just want one typical delay sound.

139Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

hosebeast wrote:i've heard people say that ibanez makes the best guitars, and i don't know who that is in real life.

jacob, it comes down to if you want to loop/have presets, or just want one typical delay sound.

I have two Ibanez guitars that I absolutely adore.

Also,

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 276622

One of the nicest things to ever happen to musical instruments.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

140Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:59 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

once again, i can't tell if that is serious or not. it's a matter of personal taste, though.

141Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:03 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

DIY West Virginia: The most confusing place on the internet for J.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

142Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:04 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

Zach does indeed have 2 Ibanezes, d00d. I have one myself that I'm refinishing.

143Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

mmcxii wrote:It still overheats, but apparently almost all of them do, from what I've heard. It's still usable for about an hour or two before it gets too hot and you start losing sound. I'd really like to keep it and get it all fixed up, but with my current money situation, that's just not gonna happen. Oh well.
I would love to buy this, if I get the job i'm applying for, I'll PM you, and buy it for sure.

144Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

brummy

brummy

why the fuck would anyone buy anything other than what i buy and/or like!? fuck sakes

145Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:41 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

what is that even supposed to mean

146Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:24 pm

brummy

brummy

just an observation, buuuuuuud

147Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 am

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

seems to be a good one at that too friend.

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

148Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

i don't get it; i may have abrasive opinions on some things, but it's a fact, shitty gear is shitty. i have never once, in my life, heard a crate amp that sounded good in any way. i've never seen an ibanez guitar that didn't sound cheap, unless it was modded. they usually have some type of floyd rose that refuses to stay in tune, and looks like some kind of korn jam. i've never used one of those danelectro mini pedals that didn't suck tone and completely fuck the signal. there are exceptions, like the newer squiers; i have a strat and it sounds as good it's mexican equivalent, but only because it's made with very similar materials. if something is made with cheap materials or components, it makes a difference. that's a fact.

149Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

i really enjoy my dano pedals curt uses a crate 50 watt tube and i have heard some good sounding ibanez im sorry no ones opinion is as highly qualified as yours but sometimes just because you dont like something that doesnt mean others do and sometimes people like what other people call "shitty" for example i think metallica is shitty but someone must really enjoy them out there and who am i to say they arent good just because i think they suck just different strokes different folks you know what i mean but all differences and disagreements aside ill still rub your leg if you want me to in a completly heterosexual way of course

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

150Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

J, how many/what kind of Ibanezes have you played before? If you've only played the cheap shitty ones that are on display on the bottom shelf at every music store, then yeah, of course they're gonna feel and sound like shit and have a cheap Floyd knock-off that'll come out of tune at every possible moment.

The difference, at least I think, between companies like Ibanez and other shit like Fender and Gibson, is that the quality of Fender/Gibson plateaus at around the $1000-1200 mark. It seems like for every price increase between Ibanez models, however, there is a noticeable upgrade. The Jem that Zach posted runs about $2600 new, and I'd take that in a heartbeat over a $2600 Les Paul or Strat. At least then I'd know I'm paying for quality rather than the huge mark-up for the name on the headstock and the signature stamp of the "blues guitarist of the month" they named the model after.

Anyway, cheap imports (hell yeah Agile) and modding is the way to go, if you ask me.

Edit: I do agree, although, stay far far away from Dano mini-pedals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum