D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Langhorne Slim in Columbus, 2-13-10.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Langhorne Slim in Columbus, 2-13-10. Empty Langhorne Slim in Columbus, 2-13-10. Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:25 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one commenting on this show, but I just have to say that Langhorne Slim is one of the greatest live acts I've ever seen. The opening band was really quiet, and the singer was weird, but I enjoyed them. Acoustic guitar/bass and lap steel/mandolin trio. Didn't catch a name.

The second band, April Smith and the Great Picture Show, were... I wasn't into them, but everyone else seemed to like them. They seemed like they had fun though. Instrument switching, accordion, ukelele, fun stuff, but I just didn't dig it.

But Langhorne... my God, he played almost every song I wanted to hear. At the end of his set, he started pulling people on stage. Julia, Mike and I were right up front so we got on stage and danced with him and it was an amazing time. He was full of energy, quite funny, and an all around gentleman.

During his sound check, someone dropped something in the room. He got off stage, went over and pointed out that they dropped something, then went back on stage to finish sound check.

So he left after the mass stage party. Then we all chanted enough and he came back out. It was his last night on tour. We chanted for one more song; he and the band came back out and played another song. Then another. Then another. He really played two sets-best encore I've ever heard. He was amazing, his band is amazing, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met (the other being Andrew WK).

Julia and Mike and I gave him a valentine we made him. It was basically pictures of us all making horrible faces, and he seemed really amused by it. He gave us all hugs and we got more hugs later that night. I'm really tired, but this was an incredible show. I won't forget this one ever.

Also, his bassist looks eerily similar to Alex Winton before he got his haircut and shaved. Seriously, I'll post a picture when Julia gets them up.

Now I have to work in 3 and a half hours.

2Langhorne Slim in Columbus, 2-13-10. Empty Re: Langhorne Slim in Columbus, 2-13-10. Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

DirtCity wrote:Also, his bassist looks eerily similar to Alex Winton before he got his haircut and shaved.

So it was Chad from Nickelback?

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum