D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2.28: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Hellogoodbye, Fireworks @ Newport Columbus, oh

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

costarika

costarika

Fireworks- Arrived three songs in. Some of their songs are great, some are meh but I was glad they finished the set with Detroit. They seem to have gotten more popular since they last played Columbus in May '09.

Hellogoodbye - I watched this set with little expectation, but this band is actually quite entertaining live - especially with the members in-between banters. They rip shit on members in the crowd (*loosely quoted* "Oh, look at my cool ass sunglasses," "Man it must be great being the tough ones in the crowd") and commented on the bird flippers by saying, "Why in any world would you guys be flipping off Saves the Day?!" For some reason they had an N64 with games like Zelda, Mario Kart and Mortal Combat set up at their merch table. Set-wise, they played well even though I'm not much of a fan of their small catalog... for now. If I had to see them live again, guess I wouldn't mind.

2.28: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Hellogoodbye, Fireworks @ Newport Columbus, oh FZ805l

2.28: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Hellogoodbye, Fireworks @ Newport Columbus, oh RyaNVl

2.28: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Hellogoodbye, Fireworks @ Newport Columbus, oh 9A7wWl
Saves the Day - They played a great mixture of old and new songs. I posted the set list I retrieved after the show cleared out, but I literally teared up when they played "At Your Funeral." No talking during the set, except Chris going "to answer your question: I don't Know." (No idea who he was talking to here/what this was all about.) I dug the fact that they played "Radio," "Anywhere with You," "Cars and Calories," and "Shoulder to the Wheel" - in which NFG singer came out and sung the rest of the song. Chris' voice has definitely de-aged itself throughout the years; he sounds even younger and more nasal than he did years ago. That might have thrown some people off, but I still dug it. I might have developed a small puppy crush on him too.

2.28: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Hellogoodbye, Fireworks @ Newport Columbus, oh MSkKRl

2.28: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Hellogoodbye, Fireworks @ Newport Columbus, oh 927h6l
New Found Glory - I don't care, I still love them. I checked out the self title a little late than some may have, so I was a little rough on exactly what songs were on that album. This is the 10th anniversary tour to the self-titled album, so it was played in its entirety. I probably made a fool out of myself when I disbanded my camera and sang to "Better Off Dead." They still sound the same since Jordan can't really go elsewhere with his voice. They played all their hits during the encore and I just went nuts in the crowd pit. Fights breaking out during their set cracks me up, but they seem to happen every time. It was also the drummer's birthday and he turned 30!

+'s
- great show, would've paid for it and would consider going to the Cincinnati date.
- Met NFG tour manager Jenny at the soundbooth
- crashed a Jewish faternity's costume party afterwards and OSU president was there, then crashed another on 15th
- had Hound dog's pizza at 3:40 a.m. and went on Chatroulette then stayed over

-'s
- unintentionally spent money that I could have easily saved
- stayed up wayy too late to party (I'm usually a hermit)
- apartment in which I stayed over was too hot and Charley the cat kept on farting on me

more photos and details will be in my blog. All photos are by me, so ask if you want to personally post them elsewhere/use them.

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

DavidHasEdge

DavidHasEdge

I was so close to having this tour booked in WV.

Had the venue, contracts, tech rider, insurance, security, EVERYTHING worked out (with help from Dwayne and Teddy, giving credit where it's due - they both worked real hard to help)

NFG's management decides, after working with me for two weeks on this and accepting the formal offer I sent them, that they didn't want to work with a promoter that did not "have a history with the band" on this tour.

AND ALSO, their agency were the ones to contact me about the tour. Why would you do that? They knew in advance that I had not booked NFG before.

Not to mention that they ended up leaving the date empty. So, a perfectly good tour date on a Saturday went to waste.

So bummed. So very bummed. Sad

Last edited by DavidHasEdge on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.myspace.com/bbr304

matt254543

i just noticed the singer of nfg has an mxpx tattoo

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Fireworks - This band is so good, and they were awesome live. Great energy, his voice sounded great. Up the pop punx. I only knew the words to one of the songs (From Mountain Movers To Lazy Losers), because I’ve barely listened to the LP. I need to get on that. So good.

Hellogoodbye - Oh man. This band is undeniably cute, fun, and catchy. No care. I still knew all the words to “Bonnie Taylor Shakedown” and was singing along like a 12 year old girl. Mike T looked at me and said “This is the only time anybody will ever see a guy with an Infest patch on his jacket singing along to Hellogoodbye.” Truth. They really were good though.

Saves The Day - I still wish I could get into them past Through Being Cool. But they were really good live. His voice is SO nasally live though, goddamn. But it worked. I was surprised they didn’t play “You Vandal.” But they played “Shoulder To The Wheel” and Jordan from NFG did guest vocals, so I was happy.

New Found Glory - Fuck yes. They played the s/t album from start to finish of course. I ran into the crowd and immediately started jumping on people and crowdsurfing and singing every fucking word to every song. That is one of my top 5 favorite albums of all time, for the record. So yeah. I was in heaven. When they finished the album, they walked off stage and then came back and played (this isn’t quite the correct order): Understatement, All Downhill From Here, Something I Call Personality, Don’t Let Her Pull You Down, Truckstop Blues, the intro to the Catalyst album, and My Friends Over You. They sounded amazing, and it was just such a fun set. So happy I got to see all my favorites (from the s/t) live. So happy.

I also noticed Jordan's MxPx tattoo, which rules. And he was wearing a Jerk City shirt. hahaha

https://facebook.com/moshing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum