D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3/15/2010 Scion Rock Fest in Columbus

+3
Yoibomb
DirtCity
dingbat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13/15/2010 Scion Rock Fest in Columbus Empty 3/15/2010 Scion Rock Fest in Columbus Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 pm

dingbat

dingbat

I was at Skully's the whole day

Black Tusk - Awesome set. Fuck the three kids who decided that push moshing everyone in the room while they played was a good idea.

Struck by Lightning - Holy. Fucking. Shit. Seriously my new favorite band.

ACRASSICAUDA - Cool that they were from Iraq, not cool that they sounded like 15 year old kids playing Metallica covers.

Pelican - Fucking sick, was stoked they played a good bit of older stuff

YOB - Missed their set to drunkenly fornicate in an alley.

Shrinebuilder - Enjoyed what I did catch of the set.

+'s
Magnolia Thunderpussy's
Awesome Food
The Sleaziest trio on wheels

-'s
so many metalheads
push mosh
white castle shits.

http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

DirtCity

DirtCity

I'll play.

I went to Circus and Skully's.

Deadsea - Music was pretty good, but the bar rock antics were hilarious. "How y'all doin' tonight? Everyone havin' a good time?! Metal!" And throwing his picks into the crowd. However, he ended by saying he was Jim Crockett and we had just watched Starrcade 87.

Saviours - Second time I've seen them. They are so freaking fun. Riffs, riffs, and more riffs, gotta love it. They played for a while because Thou's plane got them there late; Saviours had to kill time before Thou got there.

Thou - MAN! The main band I wanted to see. They only played three songs, one being a Nirvana cover, but they were so good. Terrifying vocals coming from a tiny little dude. Angry lookin' though.

Then I went to Skully's.

ACRASSICAUDA was finishing up... not my thing. Thankfully they only played two more songs by the time I got there. Then I waited while Pelican set up.

Pelican - YES! I'd wanted to see them for a while and they were intense. I love that band, and they seem like cool dudes. Someone in the crowd yelled out "Play some old shit!" after a song. The guitarist who had a mic goes, "To the gentleman who requested that we play some old shit... we just did." BAM!

Yob - Wanted to see, but I was hungry and tired of standing. Jack and I went and got food. Then we ran into Matt, Brad and Jon and then went and got food again.

Shrinebuilder - The music was cool, but it was just kind of boring. I mean, their all older dudes, but there was very little energy in their performance. We left after 4 or so songs.

Really cool day though.

+
Seeing sweet bands
Venue hopping not being difficult
Dudes from Pelican and 3 Inches of Blood eating where Jack and I ate. Some drunk dude would NOT leave them alone, it was hilarious.

-
My knees hurt all day
Shrinebuilder being boring
PA system at Circus between bands being louder than the bands.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Saviours - For some reason I just wasn't that excited to see them, but they ended up being really good. The between-song "banter" was gold. I don't think there were actual words being said.

Thou - Fuck yeah. Sort of bummed they didn't get to play their full set, but they fucking destroyed.

Trap Them - Crowd was fun to watch, but I don't really care about the band.

Magrudergrind - Machine gun assault on Circus that left everyone a mangled, bloody heap. Chris is too good on drums. It's not fair to other bands.

Yob - I didn't watch much of them. Didn't sound bad.

Shrinebuilder - I had been standing for the majority of the day since noon so I was in no mood to watch a set this long. I didn't stay for the whole thing.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

butt_coffin

butt_coffin

deadsea- was funny and entertaining, at least.

saviours-riff riff riff. awesome. wino came out. that was exciting. then he didn't really do anything.

thou-fucking crushing. the cover of aneurysm was fucking awesome. sucks they didn't play longer.

magrudergrind-arrive. raise hell. leave. fucking awesome.

yob- i wanted to see them. showed up late. sounded good. but i couldn't really get stoked on it.

shrinebuilder- maybe it would've been better if i were stoned. i was bored. left early.

53/15/2010 Scion Rock Fest in Columbus Empty Re: 3/15/2010 Scion Rock Fest in Columbus Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 am

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

It's kind of neat because apparently i was on the other side of town form all of you guys hahahaha I did see Matt and Rika once or twice in passing. I had a pretty sketchy day, got the tickets at two and had three hours to kill most of which were spent in barnes and nobles. Meanwhile bands i watched

Lullabye Arkestra- Pretty good, a married couple with no guitar just drums bass and vocals, they were really tight but it wasn't really my thing but good at what they do!

Hate Eternal- watched like a 4th of a song while walking down the street, really did not like this at all.

Liturgy- Please for the sake of everything in the room your playing turn the distortion on your pedals down just a hair it sounds like mashed potatoes being crammed through a tin can. thank you.

Black Anvil- Pretty good band not sure how they sound recorded but live they were really good, good energy, really tight.

Ludicra- The main reason i came, really good black metal band, honestly kind of reminds me of Extol a little in the sense they have alot of ambient and atmospheric stuff going on, really like this band, good energy, and sounded great live.

Voivod- I don't want to talk about it. He pretended to be surfing at one point.

Cannibal Corpse- We decided to end the night with this, REALLY BORING, I honestly halfway enjoyED this band recorded, just cheesy bad music I thought was kind of fun, but the live setting ruined it for me i was just kind of bored with the 90 mile an hour hair whip after the third song.

+'s
Raising Canes
Fagtat

-'s
Voivod
Voivod
Voivod
Voivod
Getting lost
Having to wait 3 hours
Voivod
and Voivod

sorry if I offended any Voivod fans, don't take it to heart friend.

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Was Liturgy's drummer insane?

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

mmcxii

mmcxii

I really wish I went to Absu instead of Shrinebuilder. Man, they were disappointing.

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

Yoibomb wrote:Was Liturgy's drummer insane?

I've got to be honest, I cant give a solid answer on this, I couldn't hear anything when they played except for crackle and crunch from the guitar amps, and it wasn't just them the guy running sound was doing a really bad job most of the bands we watched there, all that was audible was guitar and vocals. We got there in the middle of their set too so we didn't have the greatest view.

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

costarika

costarika

Review & pics here.

Saw: Saviours, Thou, D.R.I., Magrudergrind, Brutal Truth, YOB, Shrinebuilder
Snoozed: Brutal Truth (towards the end, their set was WAYY TOO LONG), Shrinebuilder

+'s
seeing old friends
shuttle system
bumping into drunk Scunty D
bubble tea
band patches sightings
firecrackers in the pit

-'s
Magrudergrind Avi and some girl he probably hooked up with got too friendly at Skully's (get a room!)
tired/bored out of my mind as the night ended
bad service at Taco Bell
Daylight's Savings
cold

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum