D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Academy Is, Mayday Parade, The Secret Handshake, and others - Columbus

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Extremely bored so I'm reviewing this. I went to this show for the sole reason of seeing Set Your Goals, and they had to drop off the show at the last minute. Lame.

City Lights - Had never listened to this band before, fun pop punk with some breakdowns. I crowdsurfed and moshed and made a lot of girls mad.

You Me At Six - Pleasant surprise, good pop punk songs. Got a shoutout from the singer while crowdsurfing, and I did a stagedive off one of the railings on the side of the pit area and got thrown out of the show by security. They let me back in a minute later though. Note to all: no jumping off the railings at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus.

The Secret Handshake - Not into them at all. Really bouncy music, singer sang with that robot voice thing. Not feelin' it.

Mayday Parade - This band is pretty good live. I like a few of their songs. Definitely crowdsurfed a few times.

The Academy Is - Not into them, and people didn't seem to like them as much either. Mayday Parade should've been headlining. I moshed when they played "Slow Down" though.

Pros:
- being "that guy" who crowdsurfed a lot.
- getting kicked out and let back in
- the show was a lot better than I thought it would be
- Hanging out with people on the OSU campus afterwards.

Cons:
- lots of 14-year-old girls and lame people
- no Set Your Goals
- driving back in pouring rain and hydroplaning twice.

https://facebook.com/moshing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum