D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Eyed Peas, Ludacris, LMFAO @ Columbus 2-16-2010

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

costarika

costarika

Went with my mom, sister, friend Kaila. We had crappy seats but we got a pretty good view of the whole stage/crowd

LMFAO - Got there when their set ended. Perhaps that was a good thing.

Ludacris - He played a lot of old stuff, and all were hits of which would be familiar to the Top 40 audience. I'm weary of rap acts, but Ludacris was pretty awesome. He performed the "How Low Can You Go" song and the moms in front of me went nuts. I kind of did too (it has an odd novelty to it)... I think I went most crazy when he performed "Move (Bitch)" but I was disappointed that "Get Back" wasn't in the set list.

Black-Eyed Peas - from beginning to end, the whole set was theatrical, straight out of every crazy performance the group has done on award shows. This is the first time I've been to a concert like this, so I was easily amused. They all rose to the stage individually into "Let's Get it Started." Fergie is a good looking woman in person, and I was pretty jealous of all the ridiculously expensive designer threads she got to wear throughout the performance. They performed every radio hit they have had in the act's decade long history. What I found particularly awesome was that each member had a solo performance in the middle of the set. Taboo got to surf the air in this Tron motorcycle as he was shooting through some rap verses. Fergie performed her solo stuff. Will.I.Am DJ-ed on this elevated platform and threw in some "true rock and roll" by playing Red Hot Chili Pepper, Nirvana, and Guns n' Roses. "Meet Me Halfway" was so beautiful live and I lost my shit in the encore (Boom Boom Pow and I got a Feeling). It was like New Years Eve with the confetti in the end.

Also, you could submit a text that could appear in the jumbo tron, but you had to have a Blackberry to do it. (Oh yeah, small shameless Blackberry plug in the performance that made me LOL.) I wanted to submit bonermouf and was even more pissed when I found out that Will.I.Am was free styling to all the submitted texts received that night.

+ Show was epic
+ Didn't seem very long
+ Missed LMFAO
+ the stage looked like a vagina

- some mom behind me told me to sit down because she couldn't see during Ludacris. I'm sorry but you're at a high-energy concert, why would you be sitting down? Plus she gave me this I'm-a-mom-telling-you-what-to-do look that made me boil.
- Took a shitty car through a snowstorm
- got in a minor hit and run and I hope the perpetrator's car exploded
- didn't eat dinner because we got there a lot later than expected, so hungry now
- Mom telling me I'm "too dressed" for the occasion (which ended up not being the case)

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

I'm really sad you missed LMFAO, I just imagined you at this thing yelling at the top of your lungs "SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOT SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOT SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOT, EVERYBODY!"

https://facebook.com/moshing

brummy

brummy

i thought lmfao was you laughing at the fact you saw ludacris, had no idea it was a group haha

costarika

costarika

In retrospect I'm curious to see how LMFAO would do live. I know of some LMFAO tracks thanks to Real World: Cancun, and would probably know a line or two as a result. Oh well.

Also, after Will.I.Am's solo set, he was "introducing" Steve Aoki and I thought he was going to come on stage and jump around to his muusic, but it was just a interlude of Will.I.Am/Aoki collab into the next wave of songs. Would have been random to see Steve Aoki come out of nowhere.

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

dayisdone

dayisdone

Ludacris is pretty sweet live. I saw him in morgantown back in 2005.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum