D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3/3/10 - Alkaline Trio, Cursive, The Dear & Departed - Newport Music Hall, Columbus

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

The Dear & Departed - This was just like…indie rock stuff. That’s the only way I know how to describe it, haha. I thought it was boring. But this band has apparently played shows with fucking Terror and Sick Of It All?! Mind = blown.

Cursive - I never got into this band. Didn’t really even listen to them at all until fairly recently. They put on a good, intense live set though. They played for like 45 minutes straight, barely stopped at all. I liked it.

Alkaline Trio - Okay. So so so so good. The only time I had ever seen them was Warped Tour a couple years ago, and there they only play for 30 minutes, so it wasn’t the same at all. So, I went nuts for this considering they’re one of my all-time favorite bands. They opened with “This Addiction” and played the following set (this isn’t in order at all)

* From “This Addiction”: This Addiction, Dine Dine My Darling, Lead Poisoning (the guy from Cursive did the trumpet solo), Dead On The Floor, and they played Fine during the encore.
* From “Crimson”: Sadie
* From “Good Mourning”: We’ve Had Enough, One Hundred Stories, Emma, Fatally Yours, Blue Carolina
* “From Here To Infirmary”: Private Eye, Mr. Chainsaw, Stupid Kid, Armageddon, Crawl
* From “Maybe I’ll Catch Fire”: Radio
* and from the s/t: Goodbye Forever, My Friend Peter, and ‘97

They closed with ‘97, and then walked off stage. Then came back for the encore…they all switched instruments and they played “Fine” off the new album, then a Misfits cover. Then they went back to their proper instruments and closed the set with “Radio.” I’m not sure I’ve ever quite gotten chills at a show like this one as during that song when they stopped playing and every single person in the room…”I’ve got a big fat fuckin’ bone to pick, with you my darling!” It was amazing. They didn’t play anything off of Agony & Irony, which was fine with me, but they also didn’t play anything off Goddamnit, which was kind of a bummer. But overall they played a great mix of new and old.

https://facebook.com/moshing

TJ

TJ

The Dear & Departed - I was literally the only person who got into this band out of the people who I knew at the show. I thought they were really good.

Cursive - Band was so good live. Like Alex said, they didn't talk much, which is fine with me. They were so good though. Trumpet player ripped. Was seriously one of the best sets in those two days.

Alkaline Trio - Alkaline trio fucking killed it. Simple as that.. The whole set ruled. this was my first time seeing them, and it will not be my last time seeing them. I think Alex covered everything though else though. Other than saying the fact that Matt Skiba was on the drums when they switched up. SOOOO good.

As a side story, I was sitting on the floor in the venue afterward waiting on the people I was with to get merch, and these drunk broads walked past me. One of them looked at me and said she liked my beard, and that I should keep growing it. Gotta love them drunk Ohio girls.Very Happy

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

TJ wrote:As a side story, I was sitting on the floor in the venue afterward waiting on the people I was with to get merch, and these drunk broads walked past me. One of them looked at me and said she liked my beard, and that I should keep growing it. Gotta love them drunk Ohio girls.Very Happy
LOL you need to come to OU and hang out on a Friday or Saturday night. You will not be disappointed.

https://facebook.com/moshing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum