D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Minus Tide -- 1980s Gibson Victory guitar for sale -- rare

+2
dayisdone
miafrate
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

miafrate

I'm selling my 1980s Gibson Victory guitar which I played in The Minus Tide for most of our time as a band. Riffs such as "100% Fatality" were penned on this guitar. I love the guitar but can't justify owning two electrics right now, and I'd like to buy a new amp.

Cosmetically, the thing is very worn. That was part of the charm when I bought it years ago. The finish has those little cracks in it from weather/temperature changes, that sort of thing. I can send pics on request.

The pickups are not original and have been swapped out for better stuff. The neck pickup is a Seymour Duncan of some sort, and it's really nice and loud. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan Invader pickup which is really hot, good for hard rock and metal. The former was in the guitar when I bought it and I had the Invader installed at some point.

Price depends on whether or not the buyer wants a minor repair done before buying it. The minor repair involves the pickups. The middle position for the pickups is not wired correctly, so the middle position is a lot quieter than the neck and bridge positions. Because of the wiring, the second tone knob is not present. I'm asking $600 as-is, or $700 if the buyer wants me to have the wiring redone and a second tone knob installed. I have a repair guy standing by ready to do it if asked. I also figured it was possible that the buyer might be able to do the repair him or herself.

These guitars usually got for $700-900 online when they have been taken care of. I took the cosmetic faults into account, but also the fact that it has some pretty sweet new pickups in it. Great for metal.

Innards have all been cleaned up, neck and bridge adjusted, etc.

Please do not reply to this message here, but email me at mikey [at] theminustide [dot] com for more info, including pics.

Thanks,
mikey

dayisdone

dayisdone

so when is the tide reunion tour?

miafrate

tour? probably never.

show(s)? perhaps likely. we are finishing up a remix/re-release of anakuklosis. stay tuned for details. [if anyone has ideas/desires for how they would like to listen to it (vinyl/cd/digital/space-ship) please let us know.] perhaps show(s) will be connected to this project. i for one would like to see it.

DirtCity

DirtCity

miafrate wrote:tour? probably never.

show(s)? perhaps likely. we are finishing up a remix/re-release of anakuklosis. stay tuned for details. [if anyone has ideas/desires for how they would like to listen to it (vinyl/cd/digital/space-ship) please let us know.] perhaps show(s) will be connected to this project. i for one would like to see it.

I vote a combo vinyl/spaceship release.

Also, vinyl re-release of Rock Autopsy! It would sell like hot cakes.

hosebeast

hosebeast

DirtCity wrote: vinyl re-release of Rock Autopsy! It would sell like hot cakes.

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

Re-release of everything on whatever as long as space ships are in fact involved.

Or a show, or 7. Yesh.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

jarred

jarred

miafrate wrote:tour? probably never.

yeeeessssssss

miafrate

Forgot about this for a while, but it's now up on Craigslist:

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/msg/1904164174.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum