D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Empty Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

So tonight Donald, Eric and myself went up to Columbus to see Motion City.

Sing It Loud - We got there at the tail end of their set. They were doing a Foo Fighters cover which wasn't terrible. They were though. They were just a generic, whiny, synth pop band. Seriously. Ugh.

Rock it to the Moon - More of the same, only more boring. Seriously, this band was awful. They did a John Mayer cover and it sucked.

Fun - Odd band. Very annoying, I wanted to slap their drummer; they were all about looking cool. However, I have to give it to them - they looked like they love what they do. The crowd LOVED them, and their singer has a damn good voice. I did like two of their songs, but again, they were annoying.

Motion City Soundtrack - So worth sitting through the rest of the show. They were absolutely perfect! I could have watched them for a few more hours just to hear more material. They played a pretty good mix of old and new; the energy never stopped. Man I love this band.

I want to do the +/- thing.

+
Triple Baconator
Car ride home (nothing that happened will ever be funny again)
Motion City being freakin' awesome.

-
Drunk girl trying to talk to me all night because I had "sweet glasses and a tough beard."
Seeing some people we knew... hahaha
The bands other than MCS (mostly). SERIOUSLY.

2Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Empty Re: Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 am

GuyInAWilcoShirt

GuyInAWilcoShirt

sing it loud/rocket to the moon - the world would be a better place without these bands

fun - this band had one song that wasn't completely horrible. They had a lot of energy, like adam said. They were the least bad of all the openers

Motion City Soundtrack - This set was awesome. They had tons of energy and played great. I'm quite glad I got to see them.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

3Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Empty Re: Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:09 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

DirtCity wrote:
Drunk girl trying to talk to me all night because I had "sweet glasses and a tough beard."

I think you put this in the wrong category.

4Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Empty Re: Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

You know, you may be right.

5Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Empty Re: Motion City Soundtrack - April 13th. Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:42 am

don222ald

sing it loud/rocket to the moon - sounded like the same band. i liked sing it loud a little better tho. their foo fighters cover was alright.

fun - first half of their set was pretty bad. middle two songs were great. one of those in particular would have saved the set if their last song wasn't 15 mins long with soooo many false stops.

motion city sdtrk - such a great live band. tons of energy. nice mix of material.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum