D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tin Armor, Failures' Union, Cheap Girls, Delay @ Carabar 11/15/09

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

matt254543

Tin Armor - They played a whole bunch of new stuff. They are a really solid band. I still like their older stuff better live. Their newer songs are way slower. It is really good, just not that exciting to see live. They also played about 12 songs so it felt like it was dragging on. I forgot to pick up their free demo.

Failures' Union - Really great set. I love all their songs and they made them so much better live. Tons of energy. They played their songs a lot faster than on their albums, which most bands do, but they do it really well. Got their newest LP.

Cheap Girls - They are one of my favorite bands right now. Like Failures' Union, they play a lot faster live, and it is a good thing. No one was as excited for the bands so far as I thought they would be.

Delay - I missed their first couple songs. By the time I got back inside there was no way I could get anywhere near the front to see, so I watched from the side. It seemed everyone was definitely there to see them. No one moved around or sang a long much until they played. They played a lot of songs I either couldn't recognize or hadn't heard before. Still, they were really fun to watch. I did know their last song, "Grey Like the Whale" which is my favorite song by them and apparently everyone else's. Overall it was a really great show. One of the best shows I've been to recently because I actually love every band that played.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

That's a bummer that Tin Armor isn't as good live, now. When they played that, uhh, "show" in Vienna, they were awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

matt254543

Don't get me wrong, they are still really good. Super tight. They just play a more mellow style now. Its just not something you can be really excited for live. They did play a few more upbeat songs. They closed with "Tall Shoes" which was good

costarika

costarika

I LOVE Failure's Union. I keep on forgetting to see them every time I had the chance haha.

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

matt254543

You definitely should if you get the chance. I want to see them again for sure. I had seen them once before but I had no idea who they were and didn't like them because I was into to metalcore at the time. This was when I was in Mississippi Burning haha. We actually played with them and Lemuria at the city park in Parkersburg . Pretty sure Von Cosel and TKOC played that too. I think it was one of the DBA festivals. Might have been the one that got shut down by the cops. My memory is terrible as was my musical taste at age 16

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

It got shut down right before Von Cosel was about to play. When Von Cosel was headlining a fest that Lemuria was playing. Nothing makes sense and everything sucks.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

matt254543

hahaha yeah I vaguely remember that now. Mississippi Burning even on a show with lemuria didn't make any sense haha. Of course I had no idea who lemuria was back then. Maybe if it was the other lemuria but it still wouldn't make much sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum