D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sundials, PS Eliot, Cheap Girls, Rag Rage, The Riot Before 3/19/2010 at the Legion of Doom

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

matt254543

I had a really hard time finding the house because I decided not to mapquest it before I left. Really bad idea. We were about 1 1/2 hours late because we were lost. The show actually started on time which was disappointing. We missed sundials, which I really wanted to see. I did get a test press of the 7" which is sweet.

http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/album/sundials/first-six-songs/

We got there as P.S. Eliot started there set. Couldn't see at all though because we were stuck in the back. They impressed me. I never really listened to them before. I highly recommend them to anyone who likes Lemuria, or the measure. I got their 7 inch. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet though. It seemed like a lot of people left after their set.

myspace.com/pseliot

Rag Rage played next. They would have been good had they not played literally 15 songs that sounded exactly the same. On a positive note, their guitar player was really good from what I could tell, being a drummer.

The Riot Before played a surprise set. I had no idea they were going to be there. They didn't play any songs that I recognized. They played a lot of stuff off their upcoming record. It sounds like its going to be really good. They were happy to play a house. I think they are getting pretty big. I was really surprised to see them there.

Cheap Girls played last. There wasn't very many people there by the time they played. I'd say maybe 20 which was fine with me because there was plenty of room and we could actually see. Most everyone there, I recognized from being in other bands. Cheap Girls is amazing. I don't see how anyone could not like them.

The guy from imadethismistake was there with P.S. Eliot. I talked to him for a bit. He said he played a house show in Parkersburg and it was the weirdest most awkward show ever. I don't remember him being here except that one time at route 47. I'm glad people only remember Parkersburg for being shitty and weird. I asked him if he would want to come back, he didn't seem to want to haha. imadethismistake is actually a full band now and really good.

Hoarse Pat

Bummer you missed Sundials. I really dig them, but at least you saw Cheap Girls. Let me know about any upcoming shows like this, I never manage to hear about them on time.

chrislynch

haha that imadethismistake show was at my house. what a dick saying it was awkward though, i don't remember it being. i didn't book the show though and don't really remember it all that well.

matt254543

chrislynch wrote:haha that imadethismistake show was at my house. what a dick saying it was awkward though, i don't remember it being. i didn't book the show though and don't really remember it all that well.

haha thats weird. all the shows at your house that i've been too have been awesome. I tried to convince him that shows were better around here now but I don't think he believed me.

chrislynch

ah well, i like their music, but i think they may have been pissed because there wasn't a very good turnout. not really my fault though, as i said i didn't book it. every band that's come out to the house has said how awesome it was and how much fun they had.

jacobxw

jacobxw

chrislynch wrote: every band that's come out to the house has said how awesome it was and how much fun they had.
this. lots of bands that come through the area, even bands that have played at Bretts & Justin's Mom's have always had an awesome time, and always want to come back. Also, they tell their friends in other bands to come through here. Our scene is doing well, we don't have the biggest crowd, but we're doing pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

DirtCity

DirtCity

jacobxw wrote:
chrislynch wrote: every band that's come out to the house has said how awesome it was and how much fun they had.
this. lots of bands that come through the area, even bands that have played at Bretts & Justin's Mom's have always had an awesome time, and always want to come back. Also, they tell their friends in other bands to come through here. Our scene is doing well, we don't have the biggest crowd, but we're doing pretty good.

I'll agree here. Things have been turning around for a while, and I think things are at a good place. I'd like to see bigger crowds, but that's about it.

Bummed I missed the show last week, I heard there was a huge turn out.

matt254543

I just wanna say, I really appreciate everyone who books shows here and lets people book shows at their house. Its a pretty big responsibility and you never know how many people are going to come out and most likely have to pay the bands out of your own pocket. Having the shows at your house, i'd imagine could be stressful too because you never know what kind of people are going to show up and if they might tear things up or steal from you. I just think its pretty awesome that you guys are cool with all the risks involved and do it anyway. so... Thanks.

jacobxw

jacobxw

matt254543 wrote:I just wanna say, I really appreciate everyone who books shows here and lets people book shows at their house. Its a pretty big responsibility and you never know how many people are going to come out and most likely have to pay the bands out of your own pocket. Having the shows at your house, i'd imagine could be stressful too because you never know what kind of people are going to show up and if they might tear things up or steal from you. I just think its pretty awesome that you guys are cool with all the risks involved and do it anyway. so... Thanks.

Sundials, PS Eliot, Cheap Girls, Rag Rage, The Riot Before 3/19/2010 at the Legion of Doom Herz

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum