D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

some band, rid the world, masakari, mad minds

+2
Yoibomb
ijustwishi
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

i wasn't drunk and matt barr is still a pussy.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

That band was Dagmar. Come on, wasn't this YOUR show? It was YOUR house after all. Where's the bathroom, by the way?

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

Yoibomb wrote:That band was Dagmar. Come on, wasn't this YOUR show? It was YOUR house after all. Where's the bathroom, by the way?

okay, go in through the back door and into the dining room. through the door on the left wall if you are facing the living room and up the stairs. first door on the right. and no, you can't have an apple.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Thanks. I'll start off an actual review.

Dagmar - Really sloppy. I liked the last song though. It actually sounded sort of like a decent black metal band by that point. I got a demo, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Rid The World - This was the band I was most excited about seeing. I've liked half the songs I've heard and the others I didn't really care for, but I really liked the ones that I liked. Once again, a pretty sloppy set, but when they were on they were really on. The breakdown at the end of RTW is gold.

Masakari - The past two years I've been seeing this band they have always started off SUPER strong, and then lost a ton of steam immediately after that first song. That first song they played was intense! I was loving it. After that it lost most of the energy and the set seemed to drag. They are the only band I've seen consistently do that and I just don't understand it. Their drummer is a beast, though.

Mad Minds - I just can't get into this band. The set was also a bit sloppier than the other times I've seen this band. Oh well.

Even if my reviews of the sets make it seem like I didn't enjoy the show, I had quite a good time. Picked up some demos, saw some bands, left happy. It's all good.

DirtCity

DirtCity

Dagmar. Wasn't into them really, but I can see people digging them. Sloppy, but sometimes that can be a good thing.

Rid the World - Seemed very off the whole night. Not my thing at all, just eh.

Masakari - Third time seeing them, and like Matt said, that first song was awesome. After that I was just waiting for them to end. Awesome drummer though, also like Matt said.

Mad Minds - I'm going to be completely honest here. I've seen so many bands just like them come through here, and they do not stand out. Very forgettable, and really just not that good. My opinions, of course. Honesty, folks.

However, before the show, talking about whatever on the porch was some serious fun. Dig it.

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

BY THE WAY MATT, SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW THE FIRST BANDS NAME...I WAS EATING JALAPENO CHEETOS IN THE KITCHEN AND EATING AN APPLE. YOU'RE CRIPPLED.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

I BET YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE CARCASS

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

DUDE THEY SOUND LIKE HARMS WAY OF COURSE I LIKE THEM

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

anyway, a real review...

apparently the first band was called dagmar, i was upstairs eating cheetos so i don't know.

rid the world, they were pretty much what i expected. i am not really into that style of music but i checked out the demo the night before the show and there were some songs i liked and still liked live. it was okay. whatever.

i thought masakari sounded very good. i think they gave up energy-wise like halfway through but i was still really into it. plus, i am now the second vocalist. catch us on tour.

mad minds, i don't listen to at all. i always have fun when they play, though. plus they cover judge.

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

dagmar - I just learned their name

rid the world - I actually read their lyrics and was ready to hop up there and do vocals with them, but their songs all blended together, I could not tell one from the other...

masakari - I thought the singer and guitarist were going to fight? The singer seemed like he would be hard to get along with, eh just my opinion

mad minds - kyle and I left during their set, sorry I didn't say bye to anyone... cici's was calling my name... unlimited pizza = fuck yeah

hey justin, thanks for the apple.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

I was wondering where you went. Yeah, that vocalist didn't seem to be the talkative type. You'll have that.

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

Yeah, we were going to come down and check out Mad Minds, but we ended up leaving. I am not knocking Mad Minds or anything, but Adam was right.. it didn't sound like anything special.

Talking about shit before the show = the highlight of the night.

The image of studdering Mike kicking shit over has remained in my head since... I laugh out loud each time while thinking of Adam acting it out.

Mike T

highlight of the night: the birth of dr. funk

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

MIKExT wrote:highlight of the night: the birth of dr. funk

Shut up Mike.

mmcxii

mmcxii

THE T STANDS FOR FUNK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: