D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

do any of you guys like to cook?

+4
brummy
Thunderbeard
shanholtzer
hosebeast
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

hosebeast wrote:i'm confident in my ability to not eat red meat, there's no grey area there. it just comes down to all other meats when thinking about how to properly execute this.

Ohh I smell what you're steppin' in.

Well dude, give it a try and see how you like it.

There are plenty of vegan/vegetarian cookbooks out there. I'm pretty sure there are 2-3 here in my living room.

27do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 pm

matt254543

this is a really simple vegan french toast recipe i found a while back. I make it like 3 times a week. it only takes about 5 minutes total. I add more sugar and cinnamon to the suggested amount. I think its really good!

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/breakfastrecipe1/r/frenchtoast.htm

28do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

matt254543

Also what are your favourite fake meat products? I have a hard time finding good ones.
I like boca chicken nuggets. i had a tofurky pepperoni pizza the other night that was fairly decent. I like morningstar bacon although it isn't vegan as it contains dairy.

29do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

Zetterberger wrote:
hosebeast wrote:

jeremy - do you still eat fowl? thinking about it right this second, meat isn't something that i'd miss too terribly. that'll probably change, bu as of right now, i'm prepared for a lifetime of side dishes. thanks for the encouragement, man. i know that removing it from your diet being a BAD thing, and making you sick -all that bullshit is just that, bullshit. i wish i could go full-on vegan, because i know that dairy is the real asshole, but i know that i can't do that.

If you can make it the first two weeks, then you'll be fine, it's definitely the hardest part. After that it's really easy to resist the temptations..

Jacob: wouldn't you agree?

Yes it is. I did it for 8 months, then I lost my job couldn't afford to buy what I needed so I quit. But anyways, it's not hard at all after the first two weeks (even that isn't hard). I would say start with a good ammount of fake meats then just slowly eat less, and less of it. Just do a lot of research of how to get your proteins, minerals, etc before you dive in because if you don't do it right you'll get sick as fuck and want to do it again. I have a D.I.Y. vegan/vegetarian zine I got like 3 years ago I could make copies and send you J if you'd be interested. It has all the essentials. As of lately I've been thinking about going vegetarian again, but we'll see how the job hunt goes first.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

30do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

matt254543 wrote:Also what are your favourite fake meat products? I have a hard time finding good ones.
I like boca chicken nuggets. i had a tofurky pepperoni pizza the other night that was fairly decent. I like morningstar bacon although it isn't vegan as it contains dairy.

I like Boca "flame grilled" burgers, MorningStar chicken nuggets, MorningStar "beef" starters for tacos and hamburger helper, MorningStar ribs(better than real ones if you ask me), MorningStar sausage patties and some other stuff but I can't remember off the top of my head.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

31do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:57 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

i like the fake rib things, and the chick'n patties. that stuff is so expensive and i get sick of it really fast though. i really just wanna eat healthy foods, and the morning star farms and boca crap isn't exactly healthy. i'm really more curious about how to make tofu into something that's not horrible, or if tempeh is all that much better.

i appreciate the help though matt, thanks!

32do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:18 am

matt254543

hosebeast wrote:i like the fake rib things, and the chick'n patties. that stuff is so expensive and i get sick of it really fast though. i really just wanna eat healthy foods, and the morning star farms and boca crap isn't exactly healthy. i'm really more curious about how to make tofu into something that's not horrible, or if tempeh is all that much better.

i appreciate the help though matt, thanks!

Get the book Vegan with a Vengance by isa chandra moskowitz. Her recipes can be found here. http://theppk.com/recipes/. I made the banana bread off here the other day and it was delicious.

33do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

that link is perfect, thanks so much!

34do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 pm

brummy

brummy

brummy's pfat bologna sandwich

ingredients:
getchyaself some bologna: do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Oscar_meyer_bologna
getchyaself some fuckin bread: do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 MEDIUM_8a78c6e02140d9310121461d32bb755c

now,
-take two slices of bread, lay em flat
-put about a third of the bologna on one of the pieces of bread
-then, this is the hard part, flip the other piece of bread over the bologna
-if done right, the finished product should look like this: do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 100412115025bologna_sandwich
-if not, keep practicing, you'll figure it out
-Step 8: enjoy!

35do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 pm

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

Derrick's edible food dish:

Ingredients:
1 cup ingredient
1/2 tbs ingridient
Ingredient pinch

Mix ingredients in something that will hold it until. Preheat oven to. Place in a part of the oven. Cook for minutes or until. You now have a food.

do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Food-collection-thumb6466763
COULD BE?

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

36do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:18 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

brummy wrote:brummy's pfat bologna sandwich

ingredients:
getchyaself some bologna: do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Oscar_meyer_bologna
getchyaself some fuckin bread: do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 MEDIUM_8a78c6e02140d9310121461d32bb755c

now,
-take two slices of bread, lay em flat
-put about a third of the bologna on one of the pieces of bread
-then, this is the hard part, flip the other piece of bread over the bologna
-if done right, the finished product should look like this: do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 100412115025bologna_sandwich
-if not, keep practicing, you'll figure it out
-Step 8: enjoy!

even in a joke post you don't use condiments haha

37do any of you guys like to cook? - Page 2 Empty Re: do any of you guys like to cook? Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:15 am

brummy

brummy

that's fuckin hilarious man!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum