D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

best song writers by decade

+11
GuyInAWilcoShirt
brummy
DirtCity
mmcxii
ACSlaterBeatMeUp
Thunderbeard
dayisdone
DeathandTexas
Haverchuck
matt254543
hosebeast
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:21 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

Haverchuck wrote:At least worth an honorable mention for the 70's.
best song writers by decade - Page 2 Neil-young

YES!

neil pert wrote songs? themoreyouknow.jpg

27best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

Fairly certain Peart writes most of Rush's lyrics...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

28best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:35 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

i honestly didn't know that

29best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

also neil young is way ahead of honorable mention. dude is definitely top 3.

if neil pert did write the lyrics to their songs, i don't think that applies. i know a lot of you are rush fans but weren't they kind of a joke in their day -like, arena-laser show rock for high school nerds and virgin D&D enthusiasts who didn't understand rock and roll? my personal feelings for rush aside, i don't think they could quality for this.

30best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:04 am

brummy

brummy

hosebeast wrote:also neil young is way ahead of honorable mention. dude is definitely top 3.

if neil pert did write the lyrics to their songs, i don't think that applies. i know a lot of you are rush fans but weren't they kind of a joke in their day -like, arena-laser show rock for high school nerds and virgin D&D enthusiasts who didn't understand rock and roll? my personal feelings for rush aside, i don't think they could quality for this.

i dont think you understand rock and roll

31best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:25 am

brummy

brummy

hosebeast wrote:also neil young is way ahead of honorable mention. dude is definitely top 3.

i know i already responded to this, but jesus christ, this might be the most ignorant, asinine statement ive heard in a long, long time. not only do you have absolutely no room to talk about rush as lyricists, (because ive heard some of the lyrics you've written and they sound like they were done by some angst-ridden, confused middle schooler) but you have no room to talk about their music and the seriousness of their content especially. i mean, you have songs about doing pain pills, shooting up in your hand, songs making fun of the people you call friends. there's no substance to it whatsoever, and im just taking about the song titles/themes. and what's with that fucking gorilla mask you wear? remember when you told me, "i honestly think noise is the only genre where you can get away with gimmicks"? YOU ARE A GIMMICK. your whole life is a sarcastic, internet meme-ridden fucking gimmick.

your shitty half-assed, desparate excuse for noise--yes, im talking about noise, the most lazyness-forgiving genre in existence--doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what rush is capable of musically. how many synthesizers can you play? how many can you play with your feet while you also play bass and sing in front of so many thousand people? you couldnt even play one of dave bello's easiest songs on bass last summer, and the biggest crowd we played to was maybe 100 people. if i remember right there were only four fucking notes and the tempo was slow enough that even a stoned retard couldnt get lost, yet you still managed to fuck it up just about every single show. i know you're not a drummer, so i wont say anything there, and id hope that nothing needs to be said because peart is so good even a fucking idiot like you couldnt deny that. dont even get me started on how talented their guitarist is either and how much your uninspired riffs sound like complete modest mouse rip-offs. i honestly believe rush is so far over your elementary head that it's impossible for you to even attempt to "get" them. they're still and always have been relevant, plus they have 30+ years of playing the music that they want to play, which in itself is more than what 99% of bands these days can say. get back to me when you feel like you can be honored enough to be mentioned in the same fucking sentence as them.

so yeah, basically what im saying is shut the fuck up.

32best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:38 am

GuyInAWilcoShirt

GuyInAWilcoShirt

I think I'm obligated to mention wilco in this thread

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

33best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 am

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

Tama

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

34best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:16 am

DeathandTexas

DeathandTexas

brummy wrote:

i know i already responded to this, but jesus christ, this might be the most ignorant, asinine statement ive heard in a long, long time. not only do you have absolutely no room to talk about rush as lyricists, (because ive heard some of the lyrics you've written and they sound like they were done by some angst-ridden, confused middle schooler) but you have no room to talk about their music and the seriousness of their content especially. i mean, you have songs about doing pain pills, shooting up in your hand, songs making fun of the people you call friends. there's no substance to it whatsoever, and im just taking about the song titles/themes. and what's with that fucking gorilla mask you wear? remember when you told me, "i honestly think noise is the only genre where you can get away with gimmicks"? YOU ARE A GIMMICK. your whole life is a sarcastic, internet meme-ridden fucking gimmick.

your shitty half-assed, desparate excuse for noise--yes, im talking about noise, the most lazyness-forgiving genre in existence--doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what rush is capable of musically. how many synthesizers can you play? how many can you play with your feet while you also play bass and sing in front of so many thousand people? you couldnt even play one of dave bello's easiest songs on bass last summer, and the biggest crowd we played to was maybe 100 people. if i remember right there were only four fucking notes and the tempo was slow enough that even a stoned retard couldnt get lost, yet you still managed to fuck it up just about every single show. i know you're not a drummer, so i wont say anything there, and id hope that nothing needs to be said because peart is so good even a fucking idiot like you couldnt deny that. dont even get me started on how talented their guitarist is either and how much your uninspired riffs sound like complete modest mouse rip-offs. i honestly believe rush is so far over your elementary head that it's impossible for you to even attempt to "get" them. they're still and always have been relevant, plus they have 30+ years of playing the music that they want to play, which in itself is more than what 99% of bands these days can say. get back to me when you feel like you can be honored enough to be mentioned in the same fucking sentence as them.

best song writers by decade - Page 2 082510

http://twitter.com/DeathandTexas

35best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

I bet Jack's disappointed he didn't get to type that out.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

36best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:31 am

brummy

brummy

DeathandTexas wrote:
brummy wrote:

best song writers by decade - Page 2 082510

i am in fact going, despite this piece of shit's best attempts at ruining an otherwise amazing bill

37best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

I wouldn't consider Peart to be a songwriter, really. When I think of songwriters, I usually tend to think of them as writing both the music and lyrics, and essentially dictating what the rest of their group (if they have one) does.

38best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:11 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

brummy wrote:

why are you comparing some novice musician to the likes of three professionally trained musicians who have been making music for four decades? i don't think i mentioned myself in this thread, so i don't know where that came from, i was just offering discussion because saying that a drummer who wrote lyrics to someone else's guitar parts about a future without music for a bunch of eunuch virgins to enjoy while SITTING DOWN in an auditorium with their dads. fuck you for trying to assert yourself above me in any way what-so-ever. you've had a hard on for me for a long time, and it's really fucking stupid eric. grow the fuck up already jesus christ. i've been playing guitar maybe, what, 4 years? 4 years without a single lesson, and it's something i barely take seriously because i've never had the opportunity to play with anyone before. me fucking up a baseline by coming in early at 2 shows, and quickly fixing it isn't and shouldn't be a measure of my abilities or creativity. i have absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and the fact that you've chosen, for probably the 40th time to bring me into a thread for no reason has to mean something. i'm certain that you have some sort of homosexual crush on me or something. don't talk to me, don't talk about me, don't bring me up, ever. nobody gives a shit about anything you've ever said about me or to me, so stop bringing me up in public forum. i could do the same thing to you; talk about how you don't have a single real friend, or about how you're the biggest fucking baby when it comes to your relationship with your parents, the fact that, until about 5 years ago, regardless of what you lie to people about hanging out at caffeine kelly's or whatever, you had limp bizkit and race car posters all over your walls as a junior in high school, the fact that you "do drugs" to try and be a part of something as opposed to doing it for yourself out of boredom, the fact that anyone who knows both of us will confess that you try and be me(but you take it way too far, and make every person you come in contact with extremely uncomfortable), this reoccurring theme of "friends" of yours ditching you because you're a racist homophobe who's completely miserable and empty inside, and you hounding them and hounding them and talking about them completely out of nowhere to people who don't even know them until they can't take it anymore and finally feed your small amount of self worth by giving an ill-fated response(like i'm doing now and like jim has done with you after the numerous occasions in which you harassed him). i could talk about how big of a joke YOU are musically. every idea you've had has come from someone else. you talked about getting a tattoo that derrick had mentioned that somebody else already had, i suggested calling your fucking stupid hilarious micro korg(lol forever) drone thing jacob collins and you did it, i made a parody thread with some stupid fake label name and you wanted to use it even though the thought of you releasing something for someone else is hilarious because you have no networking skills let alone personable traits or social comfort about you. you bring up inside jokes that you are in no way a part of in any way. "oh man, here's this thing that someone told me that they did," and you immediately after meeting one of MY friends assume that you're liked or welcome, when in fact 8/10 people would consistently bitch to me about you having to be there. i won't name names, and i don't give a shit what anyone says behind my back because i'm so far out of the loop, but everyone that we know mutually, every single person that you try and pretend to have a relationship with HATES you. a certain someone calls you "badly dressed ugly kid" any time your name comes up, and then proceeds to talk about how fucking awful you are. another person thinks that i shouldn't ever respond to this stuff because you're "just miserable and pathetic, he's a fucking shell of a person." i want to just tell you specifically every single person's beef with you and how terrible they all know you are, but i won't because i have respect for those people. i could talk about this all day, but i can't even believe i spent this much time on this response, you don't deserve it, because at the end of the day, i know what i am and who i am, but you're just a hollow poser without a single original thought in your head that nobody in the world, besides your parents and grandma, would give a shit about if you just shot yourself in your big fucking head.

about my music... what i do, i take very seriously and it's something that i create. what do you do? you play drums in a dad band that everyone on this board thinks is hilarious, and on the side you use a fucking micro korg(lol) to hold down keys for 20 minutes. real cool man, yeah, and i'm the lazy one? fuck you. i never claimed to be a great guitar player, i never claimed to even be close to being a song writer, all i said was that neil pert as a songwriter definitely doesn't constitute best of the decade. but then you, for reasons you refuse to own up to, decided to run your fat fucking mouth about me, again. i'll leave it at this, a quote from a fellow boarder "take solace in the fact that you can get booked while ovada is just a joke."

come to the show, i'll have fun swinging you around by your way too big wvu shirt and cargo shorts you fucking pussy. i seriously can't wait.

and fuck whoever is moderating this forum for not just deleting this shit on sight. it has no place on here and the fact that you continue to let me get harassed FOR NO FUCKING REASON by the same albino ugly kid over and over again is really fucked up. that shanea girl came here, started posting, and all of the posts she made were deleted on sight. why not stop this trolling onslaught in its tracks? do your fucking jobs as mods jesus christ.

39best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 pm

brummy

brummy

Last edited by brummy on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

40best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

uhhhh....

41best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 am

dingbat

dingbat

I wish I had an arch nemesis. It's make this forum a lot more fun for me.

http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

42best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

Dingbat wrote:I wish I had an arch nemesis. It'd make this forum a lot more fun for me.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

http://www.myspace.com/downgoesfrazier

43best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:22 am

dingbat

dingbat

Haverchuck wrote:
Dingbat wrote:I wish I had an arch nemesis. It'd make this forum a lot more fun for me.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

I was referring to the word in a more of a DC comics sort of way.

44best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

I figured so, I just like the movie Snatch a whole lot and rarely do I get a chance to quote it.

http://www.myspace.com/downgoesfrazier

45best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:22 am

dingbat

dingbat

I'm glad I gave you that opportunity.

46best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 am

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

also...

best song writers by decade - Page 2 R-kelly-foto

47best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 am

butt_coffin

butt_coffin

ACSlaterBeatMeUp wrote:also...

best song writers by decade - Page 2 R-kelly-foto

48best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

best song writers by decade - Page 2 Fugazi_Repeater_Cover

49best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 am

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

best song writers by decade - Page 2 1271440473-bruce-springsteen

This dude, as well.

50best song writers by decade - Page 2 Empty Re: best song writers by decade Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

80s? i'll buy that/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum