D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May 24th - An Airbag Saved My Life, Mose Giganticus, Fred Jr's in Huntington.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DirtCity

DirtCity

This show was a blast. Seriously.

Heart Holds True. Sweet set, they had a bassist this time! I really dig the music, got the 7" split with Smoke and Mirrors.

Horseburner - Some technical issues, and I dropped 3 sticks, but otherwise I think it went well. I hadn't had a voice for two days, I had it today. It's gone again.

Beyond All Hope - I was super hungry and went to Rally's. Came back in time for the last song. I think they've improved from when I played with them however many years ago it's been by now.

Mose Giganticus - Pretty sweet. Lots of electronic elements, and a keytar. Very different, but pretty cool. Nice guys, too.

An Airbag Saved My Life - MY GOD. I loved this band so much. They were so incredibly loud, and good. Giant wall of amps + giant wall of talent = amazing band. Really cool dudes, hoping to hook up with them down the road and do some shows together. If you like heavy... see this band. If you like pretty... see this band. Their recordings do not do them justice.

Thanks to Dwayne for putting us on. This show was a hoot.

dingbat

dingbat

This was probably my favorite show I've booked.

Heart Holds True - We're getting better, I felt pretty good about this one.

Horseburner - \m/ I'm stoked every time I get to see this band. Sucks about the pedalboard problems, but all in all a good set.

Beyond All Hope - So much better than I remembered. I haven't seen these guys for a good while and I was really stoked on their set. I also want to say for the record, that these are some of the nicest dudes I've met.

Mose Giganticus - Matt was a super cool guy. Their set wasn't really my thing, but they are good at what they do. Plus it's sweet that their van runs on vegetable oil and they use a keytar.

An Airbag Saved My Life - HOLY SHIT, I can't even begin to explain how good this band was. It was like a wall of sound just kept punching me in the face over and over again. Both Guitar players played through 3 cabs with two head each. I really enjoyed that there weren't many lyrics. Some of the set was almost Pelican-like, which is a good thing. Cool dudes, awesome music, win-win. Also, they are playing at Shamrocks tonight, so if you get a chance you should definitley go see them.

+'s
Turnout being double what I expected.
Every single band getting me stoked.
All the dudes in all of the bands we're super friendly.
Finally managed to pick up the Horseburner CD
They way it was set up was way more appropriate than playing on the stage.

-'s
I can't really think of any other than I wish I could have payed the bands more.

http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum