D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

video game thread

+10
Popsiclesyay
DirtCity
GuyInAWilcoShirt
dingbat
AaronDieuhbeetus
chrislynch
Thunderbeard
ACSlaterBeatMeUp
Yoibomb
hosebeast
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:58 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

well that's lame. like i said that'd be my main reason for using it. that service could easily be free. do any of you guys even own a ps-3?

27video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:46 am

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

<----happy PS3 owner. I may be selling my 360 before long.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

28video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

well, can you tell me why?

29video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

I don't play a lot of FPS games, and the exclusive titles to PS3 (Metal Gear, God of War, Little Big Planet) appeal to me more. I don't get off on head shots in COD 4, and I don't play online much so I wouldn't pay regardless. 360 does however have Duke Nukem in the arcade. Duke ftw.

30video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:57 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

i just wanna play college football. i forgot about god of war.

31video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

Something else to remember is that PS3 discs are on blu rays. Blu ray = more space = better graphics, or at least it would seem that way.

32video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:25 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

yeah, i plan on modding whatever i get, and buying movies is really, really stupid, so blu-ray doesn't matter in the least to me. it strictly comes down to who has better exclusives, better graphics, better controllers(ps-3 i think has the best design. plus, no batteries!), best/cheapest way to play college football or whatever against people online, and which one is the most durable.

having posted all that, i think i answered my own question. ps-3 seems like the best bet. come on guys, weigh in on this with me.

33video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

I've got an HDTV + my PS3. I rent Blu Rays from Netflix. Dunno if you have an HDTV or not, but if you do, Blu Ray is a must.

34video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

I just got back into Fallout 3 after getting the GOTY edition from a guy at work. That game is still damn great. Other than that though, I've mostly been using my PS3 as a blu-ray player, despite the fact that buying movies is stupid apparently.

35video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:31 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

when you can get any media, save for vinyl, for free, especially movies, it is kind of stupid.

36video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:48 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

hosebeast wrote:when you can get any media, save for vinyl, for free, especially movies, it is kind of stupid.

As a person who enjoys the format, I would say vinyl is the one that most people would find the most ridiculous to pay money for.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

37video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

i can't tell if that's sarcasm or not because it's the only one, to me, where there's a noticeable difference between its self and computer rips of it.

38video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

This is a video game thread.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

39video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:30 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

Yoibomb wrote:This is a video game thread.

video game thread - Page 2 Gerard_butler300

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

40video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

Yoibomb wrote:This is a video game thread.

THEN WHY DID YOU TRY AND CALL OUT MY VINYL STATEMENT? actually, do you have any opinions about ps2 vs 360? i'd like to hear them.

41video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Popsiclesyay

Popsiclesyay

I own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360. I like my Xbox 360 more. I have never had the problems most people have with their XBOX's. I have had mine since 2006 and no problems yet. I generally get a better experience out of my xbox. Less load times, faster framerates, and I also tend to like the exclusives better. I also, like the online format better. I think it is easier to look at and easier to use. I also like the controller design better on the xbox. It feels nicer in my hand compared to a PS3 controller, but that may be due to the fact that I have large hands.

That is not to say I am a fan boy for the xbox. I think the PS3 is a much better system. It is more powerful and by all accounts should be faster, but it is not from all of the games I have played. I think this is due to developers not fully utilizing the hardware, though. Not the PS3. I love the fact that PS3 games come on blu-ray discs. Far superior to standard DVDs. I mainly use my PS3 as a blu-ray player, aside from the PS3 exclusives.

On PS3 I mainly only own the Sony published games. Like God of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, etc... I feel like they run perfect on the system because Sony knows what they are doing on their systems. Cross platform games however, I have always noticed the xbox performs just a slight bit better. Less load times, better framesrates, and graphics usually are better as well. There is also not a mandatory install on the XBOX as with most PS3 games.

The best game I own on both platforms that I can reference is Bioshock. On the xbox the game runs smooth with no loading screens in the levels, only between levels. On the PS3 as soon as I put the game in I had to wait 25 minutes for the game to install onto the HDD then once it is installed onto the disc for the game to run smoother there are load times between levels and during the levels. It's kind of a bummer. The only additional up on the PS3 version of Bioshock is that there are additional levels to play.

That is my two cents in on the two systems. Honestly, either system is a great choice. I would not part with either of mine. I think the Xbox is slightly better performance wise, but the PS3 definitely has advantages. I like the ease of connecting with my friends on Xbox Live and I also like the fast performance on the Xbox. If you're looking for a multimedia powerhouse go with the PS3. It has blu-ray capabilities and if you're just wanting to play sports titles and the occasional game it has all you need.

http://www.myspace.com/popsiclesyay

42video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Popsiclesyay

Popsiclesyay

You can tl;dr that if you want haha.

Also, there are probably shit loads of grammar issues in that. I'm lazy, leave me alone.

43video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

wait, what's all this about load times? like, if i get a new game, i have to install it for 25 minutes before i can even play it? what the fuck is that? is it really that long, and is it like that for every game?

44video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Popsiclesyay

Popsiclesyay

hosebeast wrote:wait, what's all this about load times? like, if i get a new game, i have to install it for 25 minutes before i can even play it? what the fuck is that? is it really that long, and is it like that for every game?

Some games do. It varies on the game I guess. Bioshock has a mandatory install and was roughly around 20 - 25 minutes. Some games don't. LittleBigPlanet did not have an mandatory install and it also has very little loading in the game at all.

Metal Gear Solid has no install except for before missions. It will install the level before you play it onto the HDD. They are about 3 - 5 minutes each. I think there are like 8 of them if I can remember correctly.

I think it all depends on the game. Some have an install and some don't. Some can be under 10 minutes some can be quite long. The most extreme one I have witnessed personally was Bioshock.

45video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

Popsiclesyay wrote:
On PS3 I mainly only own the Sony published games. Like God of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, etc...

Please tell me you have Uncharted and Uncharted 2 as well. If not...what is wrong with you!?

46video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Popsiclesyay

Popsiclesyay

I don't own them, but I have played them both and I love them. They are amazing games. I need to buy them, but I haven't for some reason. I also have Resistance: Fall of Man.

The game I am looking most forward too is The Last Guardian. That will be amazing and probably my game of the year. I heard they might do to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus what they did with the God of War collection. That will rule.

47video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

Yeah, I hope that rumor is true. Those games were brilliant. Last Guardian should be no exception. They're making a Sly Cooper collection game too. I suggest you check it out once it comes out if you never played those games when they came out.

I played Resistance as well, enjoyed it a lot but never got any time with Resistance 2. I liked Killzone 2 also. Infamous was fun as well.

Damn...I'd much rather play the Sony exclusives than the Xbox, now that I think about it. Haha. The only reason I'll be getting a new Xbox is because of all the DLC I have on it.

48video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

do any of you guys mod/hack? if not, and you have a wii, i can help you make it a trillion times better. i also plan on modding whatever it is that i buy.

49video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

i ended up getting my cousin's 360 with 2 controllers, one of them with dragons all over it, and resident evil 5 for $60. i invested $100 in a 60GB HD that came with three months of gold and a headset, also $100 for ncaa '11, banjo kazooie and the edge membership. so, $200 for all that shit means i could still get the ps3 if i want, but i don't see any reason to do that in the foreseeable future. live is amazing and is pretty much all i'vebeen doing these past few days. great entertainment source. also, most of the games i want are like <$20 used, so i'm pretty happy. crossing my fingers it doesn't redring though. guys, post yr gamertags so i can add you. mine's Hurf W Durf. also, suggestions for good games? i'm into everything but RPGs.

50video game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: video game thread Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

My gamertag on 360 is Anakuklosis but I rarely ever get on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum