D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EASY LISTENIN' AT THE SPACE POCKET. 2-21-10

+4
matt254543
jacobxw
chrislynch
DirtCity
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DirtCity

DirtCity

I got there a little after 7. Nothing had started, but that's fine. Chris greeted me at the door and asked what I wanted him to draw on my hand. He seemed like he'd had a few by this point.

Chris Lynch:

So, his set was hilarious. After 4 or 5 false starts, a song that he made it half way through, and some more stumbling, he made his way through his set. He answered his phone in the middle of a song and we all watched him talk to whoever was on the line... great stuff. The songs he managed to play were pretty good considering his condition. I like his stuff, I'd like to see him all there some time, haha. Also, telling the same story twice (before second to last song, and before last song) ruled. He locked himself away for the rest of the night.

Mike Lutz:

Stole the freaking show. Amazing set, really promising for future shows too. I see good things ahead for Mike. His voice needs to be heard by as many people as we can get, so... yeah. Props for my guy here.

Joseph Henry:

First song I didn't like. I was setting up my crap in a back corner during his set, but a couple songs in, he really started to grab my attention. The last few songs were so good. I'd like to hear more from him.

Nemean Lion:

I really enjoyed this. It was more or less a one man post rock band. He didn't play for a real long time, and his songs weren't really long either. Very solid stuff. I'd watch him again.

Great Eastern Dream:

People dug our new song a lot, which was cool. I broke all of my drum sticks. We were apparently broadcast over the internet through some weird chat room Jarred had up. Who knows. But I tell you what, FUN set.

Luke and Julia:

Although there were some technical issues, they were really good. He was a mighty fine guitar player, and the harmonica was a nice touch. She had an amazing voice and was pretty good at whichever instrument she happened to be playing. Couple of rough spots, but overall, really good.

This show was really cool. It was neat seeing so many people who aren't normally at shows there, even though they half of them left toward the middle of the night.

Only downsides were parking in a mud puddle, and having to walk through it, and some people talking quite loudly during Mike's set. Jerks.

chrislynch

i vow to never drink at a show again. that i'm playing at. haha. and today i get to work from 645 to 4.

everyone sounded really good from the hallway where i was puking. i think i remember staying downstairs for mike's set, which was awesome, and luckily hoss was there before i got drunk and was playing some of his stuff which is definitely amazing.

thanks again everyone for coming out.

jacobxw

jacobxw

Bathos' Songs - after I few bumps in the road, he played three songs all the way through, and they sounded awesome. I'd really like to see him again, and not so drunk. haha. Good set.
Mike Lutz - awesome set, Mike has such a good voice. Stoked to see him again
Jospeh Hale - Pretty good set his acoustic stuff reminded me of Johnny Cash, not my thing.
Nemean Lion - this was SO GOOD. Hoss did an awesome job, everything sounded great.
Great Eastern Dream - JESUS CHRIST, best set i've ever seen them play. everything sounded awesome, I have a show in the works for summer that THEY HAVE TO PLAY.
Went home.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

chrislynch

i literally don't remember one song that i played. i'd like to set up a show similar to this one in march, and actually be sober. haha.

matt254543

This was a great show. Hopefully there will be more like this in the future. I'm sorry for bringing that moonshine, Chris haha. I feel partly responsible you getting sick. Your songs were good though. I wish you could have remembered that Paul Baribeau cover haha.

Mike Lutz was amazing.I wouldn't expect anything less out of Mike. He is a great musician. I'm glad I got a cd off him.

Joseph Henry, I thought, was really good. I liked that song he played where he put his guitar way out of tune or whatever. I thought that was pretty neat. I feel like I've seen that guy around before but I can't remember where.

Nemean Lion - I knew this was going to be good because I listened to Hoss's stuff before. Everything sounded perfect. I definitely look forward to seeing Nemean Lion again. After seeing this performance, it has inspired me to listen to more post rock.

Great Eastern Dream - The new song was really freakin good. I also hate watching you guys because Adam makes me realize how much I suck at drums. Stop being so good! not really though, keep being good haha.

Luke and Julia - Never heard them before. Was really suprised how good they were. All the guitar harmony things were awesome. Hopefully they will play around here more often as well.

brummy

brummy

This was the first show I've been to in a while where I actually liked every single band/act that played. It's been a long time since I've been to a show like this, let alone a show in Parkersburg, so that was real cool to see.

Bathos' Songs
Fuck yeah, playing shows sober sucksss. I don't care if you couldn't remember the words or make it through most of the songs, it still ruled hahaha. The phone call in the middle of the set was great too, would listen again. Seriously though, I'd like to hear the stuff again, sober or not.

Mike Lutz
So so good. I knew Mike has always been a good musician, but man, this stuff ruled. I don't remember him singing too much when we played music together, but I don't understand why. The dude's got talent.

Joseph Henry
I've seen Joseph play a time or two before and he never ceases to amaze me. Last night he was on some straight up Lou Reed meets Paul McCartney shit. I especially liked the song with the messed up tuning too. The way it was so raw and edgy just spoke to me.

Nemean Lion
I heard this dude's stuff on his myspace for the first time maybe a week or so ago, and I instantly knew his set was gonna be sweet as hell. It definitely was too. I've been real into that type of music lately, so it was just that much better.

Great Eastern Dream
Awesome, very lively performance. I don't usually get into this kinda music, but I enjoyed the set a lot, and I'd like to see you dudes play more often. Many dudes probably jerked off to the set thanks to some chatroulette exposure.

Luke and Julia
Never even heard of them before, but I enjoyed their set. I wish there weren't so many technical difficulties, though.

Great job

chrislynch

man, i honestly expected to get bashed (and probably should be) for that piss poor performance last night. next time i play, i hope you guys can make it out again.

DirtCity

DirtCity

chrislynch wrote:man, i honestly expected to get bashed (and probably should be) for that piss poor performance last night. next time i play, i hope you guys can make it out again.

Well, as a singer/musical performer, it was pretty rough. But as far as guitar comedians go, you're revolutionary.

jarred

jarred

This show was awesome. I had an awesome time and I'm glad so many people showed up.

Chris - sorry you were shitty drunk. Even more sorry that you had to get up at 6 this morning and work nine hours. It's cool that you screwed up though because I hear your songs the way they're supposed to sound all the time since I live with you. Sucks for everyone else!

Mike lutz - never expected to actually see mike play a solo show but his songs are awesome. Can't wait to see him again in march.

Joseph hale - favorite of the night. I kind of expected it to be. Everything I've heard that this guy has touched has been awesome.

Nemean lion - I'm not a huge fan of instrumental music but the set was awesome. The set sounded perfect. Good stuff.

Great eastern dream - really tight set. Always enjoy seeing this band.

Luke and Julia - set was great. Wish the guy had done more singing though

chrislynch

all right, i call a mulligan everyone report back at my house next weekend same time.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

What I learned from this show is that you NEVER look Matt "Plain Bread" Patterson in the eye.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

don222ald

mike's cd is so good

"river of alcohol" is my favorite song ever

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum