D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Title Fight, This Time Next Year, Strike Anywhere, Four Year Strong - The Grog Shop 2/10/10

+3
Hoarse Pat
brummy
moshed brotatoes
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Title Fight - The big reason I went to this. Band is so good, always. They put on a good show. Played all the songs I wanted to hear, and a good number of kids were stoked on them.

This Time Next Year - First 2 songs were kinda sketchy-sounding. But then they played "Alex In Wonderland" and I went off haha. The rest of the set sounded really good. They were energetic and fun.

Strike Anywhere - I've never really been a fan of this band. Never taken the time to really sit down and listen to them I guess. But damn, these guys are great live. So much energy, and so many people knew the words. Even though I didn't know their songs, I got excited and did a stagedive or two.

Four Year Strong - HOLY SHIT. That was such a ridiculously intense set. I'm not that into this band anymore, but they put on a fucking fun live show. Stagedive of the Night Award goes to yours truly, when I jumped off the very tall speaker at the beginning of the set. They played some new songs, which were good. AND they covered Third Eye Blind and The Suicide File. I really enjoyed this set.

Pros:
- I really liked the venue. Perfect size, would be great for a hardcore show.
- All-around good show with good people.

Cons:
- SO MANY STAGE POTATOES. Fuck those kids, seriously.
- $16 was a little expensive. Didn't like having to pay an extra 2 bucks because I'm under 21 either.

https://facebook.com/moshing

brummy

brummy

moshed brotatoes wrote:Pros:
- I really liked the venue. Perfect size, would be great for a hardcore show.
- All-around good show with good people.

Cons:
- SO MANY STAGE POTATOES. Fuck those kids, seriously.
- $16 was a little expensive. Didn't like having to pay an extra 2 bucks because I'm under 21 either.

This is definitely my favorite venue out of all the places I've been. You should've seen Lightning Bolt play there. There were no stage potatoes at that show. People were literally hanging from the ceiling, it was nuts.

Hoarse Pat

FUCK I wish I knew you were going! I would have been so stoked to see Title Fight (for the first time), and This Time Next Year and Strike Anywhere again. The Grog Shop does rule though. My favorite Cleveland venue (except maybe the Tower, because of the destruction and antics).

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Haha man, I did actually hang from the rafters at one point. After that like 10 other people did it. But there were still so many stage potatoes. Should've killed them all.

Pat, man I'm sorry, I should've let you know! There was an extra seat in the car too Crying or Very sad

https://facebook.com/moshing

jacobxw

jacobxw

Now That's Class best venue in Cleveland.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

brummy

brummy

jacobxw wrote:Now That's Class best venue in Cleveland.

never been there, but i hear good things

cleveland has some good venues:
beachland ballroom is pretty awesome and spacious and the bar has good food
beachland tavern is a shittier version of the ballroom (right next door, real small)
peabodys is a clusterfuck, did not like that place too much
grog shop rules
bela dubby is small and even though noise shows happen there all the time, its obviously not the best setting for loud shit (after all, it is a coffee shop)

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Fuck Peabodys. Terrible place. Grog Shop was sweet when I went there. I love Now That's Class. BLEGAWERT

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

don222ald

now that's class and grog shop are both quality establishments

both have great parking too. that's always a bonus. parking sucks

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

moshed brotatoes wrote:Haha man, I did actually hang from the rafters at one point. After that like 10 other people did it. But there were still so many stage potatoes. Should've killed them all.

Pat, man I'm sorry, I should've let you know! There was an extra seat in the car too Crying or Very sad

You should've let me know also! I'm in Athens like, every weekend haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum