D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/25/10-Cynic, Between The Buried and Me, Devin Townsend Project, and Scale the Summit. Peabody's FUUUU

+2
mmcxii
Lurchtheicefist
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lurchtheicefist

Lurchtheicefist

I doubt anyone cares, but whatever.

First off, I fucking hate Peabody's. Second, show was sold out. Third, most of the crowd sucked. That being said, it was only 16 dollars, and some of my favorite bands played.

Scale The Summit-Blew me away. Instrumental Progressive Metal. Very tastefully done. Will be listening to them more now.

Devin Townsend-Needed more skullet, haha. Absolutely incredible. I would rather have Strapping Young Lad, but that's all right.

Cynic-One of my favorite bands ever. BEAUTIFUL performance. Sean Reinert was flawless, one of the best drummers I've ever seen. HOWEVER.

They did not play Veil of Maya, and only played one song from Focus-Celestial voyage. I love their new album, Traced in Air, but COME ON-Veil Of Maya is what they are known for! When I asked one of them why they didn't play Veil, they said they took it out of the setlist in favor of a new song from their upcoming EP. I honestly wasn't impressed by it. It sounded like a B side from Traced. Oh wellllll.

Between The Buried and Me-As I'm sure many of you know, I still love this band. I've seen them around 5 times I think. However, THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE LAST NIGHT. I don't think it was entirely their fault, as their mix was atrocious. However, go type in Alaska on youtube and find the douchiest looking kid playing the intro sweeps. It sounded just like that. Terrible. They sounded very tired and very sloppy. Disappointing. The best song they played, luckily enough for me, was More of myself to kill. Glad they didn't ruin that one.

HOWEVER when they did their encore, they came back out and played two songs(I forgot which ones, one may have been Ants in the Sky)and somehow they were spot on, like I always remember them! The mix was also way better. So I guess that saved their set a little bit. If I would have paid way more and not seen them last year, I would be more pissed.

Overall, totally worth going. I would have paid 16 dollars just for Cynic. Great birthday present to myself.

mmcxii

mmcxii

No BTBAM set could ever possibly be worse than the one at Mr. Smalls a few years ago. My god, that was terrible. Fuck both Mr. Smalls and Peabody's.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

mmcxii wrote:Fuck both Mr. Smalls and Peabody's.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

costarika

costarika

May/may not be going to Peabody's this Thursday. Glad you had fun at that show, though with that line-up it sure sounds like a long-ass show!

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

Yoibomb wrote:
mmcxii wrote:Fuck both My butt and penis.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

Hoarse Pat

Just so you know, Strapping Young Lad is fucking horrible live. I also don't like their recorded stuff. BTBAM at The Grog Shop fucking killed a few years back when we went. My favorite time seeing them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum