D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH.

+2
damienthulhu
jacobxw
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Empty 1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:43 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

Forced Hand-awesome set as usual. Everything sounded really, really good. New song was rad.
Enzuigiri-love this band, i thought the 2nd song was new, but it wasn't I guess. Super tight as usual, always play a short set which i love/hate. Stoked for the 7"
The Horrible Creeps-I was really, really into this band. I didn't know they were a three piece (bass, drums, vocals). Super distorted bass, on recordings I thought this band had a guitar. Good set, couldn't find a demo anywhere. Hopefully they'll have some at the show next friday.
Ignorant Motherfucker-Didn't watch, but this band played for fucking ever.
Lose The Tude-Great set, way better than expected. Positive chessy hardcore, no way getting around it. Super fun, kids we're singing along going crazy. Alex & I got moshed.

+'s
Buffalo Wild Wings
Max Wheeler
Vegan Potluck
Jack & Matt metalcore "dancing"
So many kids came out

-'s
super late when I got home

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

21.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Empty Re: 1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 am

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

ok i didnt stay the whole thing because ive got to be honest i just wasnt really in the greatest of moods and just wanted to go eat and go to bed.

Forced Hand- sounded really tight the mic cut out a few times which was a bummer but thats no ones fault overall a good set

Enziguri- a really hard name for me to spell for whatever reason, but same as forced hand really tight set and i really like the music alot.

+'s
everyone being pretty chill
not having to use line 6 garbage anymore

-'s
not really wanting to hang out
not going to buffalo wild wings

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

31.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Empty Re: 1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Forced Hand - Best set since the first time they played Athens. Everything sounded good, everything was played well, rawk was brought.

Misfortunes - 100x better than the last time I saw them. Only problem was Jacob's bass got way too loud at one point and that was actually all that could be heard.

Enzuigiri - *fart*

Horrible Creeps - I thought this band ruled. That nuclear weapon of a bass rig was just plain wonderful for this band. They sounded DISGUSTING. Wish they would've had a demo or something.

Ignorant Motherfucker - I went upstairs after one song and they played for what felt like forever.

Lose The Tude - Cheesy and really enjoyable. Good way to end the night.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

41.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Empty Re: 1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 am

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

This was actually my first time at Brown Town. Super fun experience.

Forced Hand - Fucking awesome, as always. New intro is hard as nails, and the new song was great. Much love.

Misfortunes - Best time I've seen you guys play by far. Super heavy, everything sounds like it's really coming together.

Enzuigiri - Walked downstairs too late and had to stand in the back and I couldn't see shit. But what I could hear sounded great, tight set. Bought that split tape. Siq.

Horrible Creeps - I was really impressed with this band. I had no idea they were just bass 'n drumz. Super heavy, distorted, nasty punk. I was into it.

Ignorant Motherfucker - Stayed upstairs the whole time. I swear they played for like an hour. "This song is about punching Nazis blah blah blah" uhhh no thanx.

Lose The Tude - So much fun! Cheesy positive hardcore for the sake of being cheesy positive hardcore. I love it. Kids went nuts, definitely got moshed.

Pros:
- Food! Thanks everyone who fed me 'cause I'm a brokeass college kid.
- First time hanging out at Brown Town was really cool
- B-Dubs after the show!
- Spending the night with Justin and Jamie and recapping my Baltimore trip for them. Oh god hahaha

Cons:
- Cold as fuck outside and everywhere else
- No room for Alex to do karateXkicks in dat basement

https://facebook.com/moshing

51.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Empty Re: 1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 am

costarika

costarika

Forced Hands - the set sounded crisp. It was like as if I popped in a clean CD of the band's release!

Misfortunes - was it supposed to sound that sludgy? Jacob's bass probably did it (louder than a Torche show!). But it worked really well for you guys and I overheard a lot of people I know digging the set.

Enziguri - they suck. I hate the music and the individuals, esp that annoying ass drummer who thinks he's above everyone in that stupid ass Goat Horn shirt. For some reason everyone was into them and I didn't get it. /sarcasm

Horrible Creeps - They were not horrible but I guess they could be creepy. It was a great set but for some reason I don't remember a lick of it.

Ignorant Motherfuckers - I couldn't really get into them, maybe it was the vocals. From what I remember the vocals seemed to cruise through the songs more than complement them. Plus, I'm really not into long sets - especially for punk music! I went upstairs halfway through the set.

Lose the Tude - the Good Clean Fun of Columbus. They were fast, and I thought the songs was oddly cute. Everyone in that band is a bunch of teddy bears.

I would like to extend a sorry to Matt Patterson for walking in on him mid-pissing. I think he blushed hahahaha

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

61.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Empty Re: 1.9.2010 @ Brown Town. Athens, OH. Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

matt254543

costarika wrote:

I would like to extend a sorry to Matt Patterson for walking in on him mid-pissing. I think he blushed hahahaha

hahaha its fine. i'm sorry you had to witness me pissing. Sad i knew i shouldn't have pissed in the house. the first time i had to piss that night i went out behind their garage but it was super cold and i didn't want to go through that again haha. i guess thats what i get for being a wuss. I guess I'll go ahead and review the show too.

Forced Hand - sucks

Misfortunes - Couldn't hear the drums very well, but thats probably my fault for not know how to tune them to make them loud. You guys are definitely improving with every time i see you.

Enzuigiri - Their songs get stuck in my head in a good way. In my opinion, they had the best set of the show. I love all your songs. can't wait for the 7"

Horrible Creeps - I didn't notice they were only a drum and bass band until about 3 songs into their set. I don't think I wouldn't want to listen to them recorded for hours on end but they were fun to see live.

Ignorant Motherfucker - I really like female vocals a lot but not hers. They played way too long.

Lose the Tude - I didn't know what to expect from this band but knew they would be good based on the members other band. they were really fun to watch. They sounded really tight. The band has the nicest people ever in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum