D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009)

+8
DirtCity
ericscott
moshed brotatoes
jarred
Fuck The Scene
Yoibomb
sweatpants
jacobxw
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:43 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

Wolves Among Sheep-one song, couldn't sit down there anymore. Went outside, and froze to death.
Forced Hand-Best set I think I've ever seen them play. Sounded really tight, everyone was into it. Nicktape(singer of Coke Bust) was singing along to the last song. Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Icon_cool
GIVE-Completely the opposite of what I expected this band to be, so much energy, and it sounded so good. Kinda noisy here, and there, but still the stage pressence made up for that. Really good stuff, bought the 12".
Lion Of Judah-So disappointed, so sloppy, and it seemed like the frontman was eithier forgetting words or out of breath. Real bummed out about this set.
Coke Bust-Welp, they fucking killed it. I can't believe a band this fast, is this fucking tight. SO GOOOD! Everyone went nuts, nicest dudes.
+'s
Enzuigiri/Bombs Away! Split tape
Disengage-demo tape
Brett moshing W.A.S. dudes for bragging about kicking Alex in the stomach, GAY.
Forced Hand set

-'s
getting punched in the dick during Coke Bust's set
Alex getting kicked in the stomach, then the dude making fun of him
Lion Of Judah's set Sad

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

2Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:55 am

sweatpants

sweatpants

all the bands were good, enjoyable, except for fuckstick's. whatever they were called.

forced hand - first time i've seen them, super impressed, not gonna lie. hey alex, you need a band, stat.

give - so good. can't even really describe, but just good, i was real into it.

lion of judah - i'm with jakey dangerous, i was kind of bored with this set. i mean, i saw potential, but maybe it was a bad set, i was bored.

coke bust - so good. seemed like really nice dudes. mass chaos. out of control. best time.

+
.seeing kids i havent seen in a while
.road trip with 5th ave kids
.getting my incredible hulk on

-
.the little guy that kept trying to protect me during coke bust, outta my face.
.alex getting moshed - next time i see mike reeser, i'm suckerpunching him. i didn't know he was talking shit or i would have done more than get in his face.
.eric made me touch his stitches bump and that was weird.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Wolves Among Sheep - Not my thing.

Forced Hand - Always a treat. Couldn't hear drums that well, though.

Give - What the hell? I hated the songs I heard online, but I enjoyed this set. Surprise of the night. That singer RULED.

Lion Of Judah - Uhhh, maybe that's why I haven't heard much from this band in a while. That was sloppppy.

Coke Bust - Best set of the night. I wish they'd play older stuff, but that's my ONLY complaint. So pumped to see them playing in Parkersburg.

Was Mike bragging about kicking Alex? He seemed apologetic about it when I talked to him.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

jacobxw

jacobxw

Yoibomb wrote:Wolves Among Sheep - Not my thing.

Forced Hand - Always a treat. Couldn't hear drums that well, though.

Give - What the hell? I hated the songs I heard online, but I enjoyed this set. Surprise of the night. That singer RULED.

Lion Of Judah - Uhhh, maybe that's why I haven't heard much from this band in a while. That was sloppppy.

Coke Bust - Best set of the night. I wish they'd play older stuff, but that's my ONLY complaint. So pumped to see them playing in Parkersburg.

Was Mike bragging about kicking Alex? He seemed apologetic about it when I talked to him.
Before Catie said (yelled) at Reaser about it, Corey, and him were calling Alex a pussy, among other things when he got kicked in the kidneys. It was a lame situation. SQUASHED.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Laaame. Show ruled, though.

jacobxw

jacobxw

Very, and yes the show ruled! Next show at The Belly January 10th! Be there yah' mooks!

Fuck The Scene

Fuck The Scene

First band(forgot the name) - i dug it but it they should have not played the show

forced hand - madball cover was nice

give - not a fan at all

lion of judah - i dug the sound but something seemed wrong

coke bust - goooood shit for sure.

+'s
meeting some cool folks and seeing some ones from way back
being trashed the first 30 mins i was there
madball cover
yuengling

-'s
cold as shit
2hour drive

http://www.myspace.com/leeisdrama

jarred

jarred

Wolves among sheep - not really my thing but they're good at what they play. Intense. I don't know if I'm just used to the ridiculous shit reaser says or if I'm just apathetic but I wasnt
really offended by his anti women comments that seemed to turn everyone else off. Also I was standing outside after we played and without me even mentioning it, reaser came up and said he was sorry for kicking Alex, and that he didn't mean to.

Forced hand - guest vocals were awesome. Thanks Alex. Thanks everyone else for watching/moving around during our set. Personally it was my favorite show we've played yet.

Give - not at all what I expected from the recordings, but FUCK. So good. Great energy. Awesome guys.

Loj - missed half the set, thought it sounded awesome though. Maybe a little sloppy but no big deal. Still loved em.

Coke bust - stole the show of course. Like Matt said, really wish they'd play old stuff. Their demo is definitely their best material to date.

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Wolves Among Sheep - Welp. I thought deathcore was a slowly dying trend, but I guess these guys didn't get the memo. Stupid ignorant/sexist songs. No thanks.

Forced Hand - Fucking awesome set, as expected. Thanks for letting me do the guest vox, that was fucking fun Cool All songs sounded tight, getting kicked in the gut SUCKED though.

GIVE - Blew me away. So much energy, fun songs. That set definitely sold me on the 12".

Lion of Judah - I didn't really think they were bad. Maybe since I don't play music I don't really have an ear for that kinda stuff though. Still bought a shirt 'cause I like them.

Coke Bust - FUCKING COKE BUST IN A FUCKING BASEMENT. Couldn't have asked for anything better. So much chaos.

Pros:
- hangouts
- Catie yelling at that dude, Brett straight-edge-revenging me hahaha
- doing guest vocals for the No Warning cover. Who wants to start a band?

Cons:
- the first band.
- getting spin-kicked straight in the gut. I have honestly NEVER had the wind knocked out of me like that before.
- it was really fucking cold outside.

Regarding the shit that went down:
I got kicked in the gut. Wind knocked out of me, couldn't breathe at all. That sucked. It would've been cool if the dude had apologized to me. But no, he went to the back of the room and talked shit and called me a pussy and bragged about hitting me. He only came up and apologized because he got yelled at. I 100% understand the risk of getting injured at shows, I've been to enough to know it fucking happens! But the way those guys were acting was NOT COOL. I'm glad they left after Forced Hand. I would rather not see their trendy deathcore band play at a hardcore show again.

https://facebook.com/moshing

10Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:56 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

who dat alex wrote:
I got kicked in the gut. Wind knocked out of me, couldn't breathe at all. That sucked. It would've been cool if the dude had apologized to me. But no, he went to the back of the room and talked shit and called me a pussy and bragged about hitting me. He only came up and apologized because he got yelled at. I 100% understand the risk of getting injured at shows, I've been to enough to know it fucking happens! But the way those guys were acting was NOT COOL. I'm glad they left after Forced Hand. I would rather not see their trendy deathcore band play at a hardcore show again.

Agreed, if a band wants support from there scene, I think they should support there scene instead of watching one band, and then leaving. lame.

11Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 am

ericscott

short and sweet
W.AS- premature burial and timeless memory werent very good either, just like this band.
might be standable if they werent pretentious assholes.

Foced hand,-awsome set, awesome dudes.

give - pretty different, pretty cool.

loj- semi- dissapointed i was really stoked for them, then got let down.

'coke bust- sick set, nice guys, got the 12", stoked.

+'s
coke bust 12"
curt coming with me.
seeing everyone again
tim hortons.

-'s
W.A.S. played
taco bell making me sick.
alex getting kicked for nothing.
w.a.s. dudes moshing like assholes , well, 1, then bitching about getting hit.

in retrospect, i have a mentality going to shows, that i may get hit.
duh

12Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 pm

jarred

jarred

jacobxw wrote:
who dat alex wrote:

Agreed, if a band wants support from there scene, I think they should support there scene instead of watching one band, and then leaving. lame.

pretty sure noone in that band would ever say anything about supporting hardcore. they dont like hardcore. but they dont pretend to. i put them on the show because they are friends, not because they want to support hardcore haha.

13Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:19 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

Got there late cause I was playing a show.

I caught the last few songs of Give. I dug what I heard, but not enough to buy an album.

Went to Wendy's, came back down and saw a couple songs from LOJ. No thanks.

Cokebust - Man, I still can't believe Coke Bust played in a basement in Parkersburg. That was intense. Hoss kicked me. I think I might have died. Either way, Coke Bust is Coke Bust and that's that. Hopefully they'll tell other bands that Parkersburg was cool and kids went nuts.

Reaser kicked someone... seems fairly standard. Dude doesn't go out and try to start stuff, but he goes a little crazy. I also don't know about him bragging about it... Reaser's not a bad guy. But then again, I wasn't there so I don't know.

14Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 pm

jacobxw

jacobxw

show was awesome! End of story.

15Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

NEEDS MORE DRAMA!

I totally heard this guy talking shit on this guy.

16Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:59 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

Yoibomb wrote:NEEDS MORE DRAMA!

I totally heard this guy talking shit on this guy.

I totally heard that guy was going to beat up that other guy!!

17Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:25 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

ENZUIGIRI = RACISM ROCK BAND
HORSEBURNER = GREEDY FUCKS

18Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:46 am

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

if we were currently at a show and i directly punched anyone in this thread in the face, nothing would be said about it and everyone would be fine with it. buuuuut, because it's someone that not as many people on here know and because he's not into hardcore, it's a big deal to some people for whatever reason.

19Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

ijustwishi wrote:if we were currently at a show and i directly punched anyone in this thread in the face, nothing would be said about it and everyone would be fine with it. buuuuut, because it's someone that not as many people on here know and because he's not into hardcore, it's a big deal to some people for whatever reason.

Check and mate.

Also, this was the best Forced Hand set I've seen yet.

CAUSE I DIDNT HAVE TO SEE OR HEAR YOU!!!

20Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:01 am

sweatpants

sweatpants

ijustwishi wrote:if we were currently at a show and i directly punched anyone in this thread in the face, nothing would be said about it and everyone would be fine with it. buuuuut, because it's someone that not as many people on here know and because he's not into hardcore, it's a big deal to some people for whatever reason.

im gonna argue this. and there are a lot of people on this board that have seenn me at a lot of different shows that can back me up...

there's a difference between "hitting" someone and knocking them down to the point they don't get up for a while. i made it clear that night and i'll make it clear now, i wasn't pissed alex got hit, i've seen him get hit a million times. i was pissed because reaser didnt even make an effort to help him up or give him a 'hey dude, sorry about that' until someone (me) got in his face. if you had done the same thing, i would have reacted the same. and THEN on top of that, finding out he was talking shit and bragging about it.

ill go ahead and say it. fuck that guy. i don't like him. never have. probably never will. because basically every encounter i've ever had with him has been very similar to this. anything i've ever heard about the guy in addition to what i've seen firsthand, is always about him starting shit and being a dick. hurting someone, then laughing about it and telling all his friends how cool it makes him. whatever.

i love going to shows. i know how shit works. but dudes like that piss me i\off.

how many problems have you guys had at belly of the beast before that night?

i'm over it. i'm just trying to give my viewpoint.
it wasnt about the fact that he got hit, it's about the fact the guys an asshole.
i don't care if he likes hardcore, celtic dance, or britney spears.
an asshole's an asshole.

21Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:30 am

costarika

costarika

Wolves Among Sheeps - Wasn't there until immediately after the band's set ended (unintentionally). I would assume the anti-women comments that Jarred pointed out offended quite a few people from the DC kids.

Forced Hands - great set, some parts sounded a little sloppy but I don't think anyone cared. LOL'd when Nick tried to push Jubert into the crowd during the Madball cover.

Give - Haven't heard them before this night but I was pleasantly surprised. The vocalist was a hybrid of Andrew W.K. and Hulk Hogan and had the charisma of both men. I am a fan of his dance moves. I think it was during this set when someone unleashed the most lethal fart I've ever encountered.

Lion of Judah - Was surprised to see a lot of people absent during this set. Can't say I'm terribly familiar with the band's catalog other than a handful from "Universal Peace", but I wondered how much they practiced before the weekend tour. I thought it was alright, glad the set wasn't terribly long. Vocalist looks like Justin Taylor haha.

Coke Bust - Nice to see the boys once again. Even sweeter to see them play in a basement for once. Glad they were very well received from audience members and watching both the band and the crowd work up a storm made me smile. My only cons is that none of the older stuff was played but that's alright. Branka and I couldn't help but crack up when Nick revealed his rather fitted, Infest spaghetti strap tank. I have a huge purple bruise on my back now because Jamie Keffer tried to plow through the crowd, but everyone backed away except me and I flew into a corner wall and some cymbals. Thanks for having my back guys.

+'s
- seeing the Coke Bust boys again
- seeing Jeff King!
- scored the Burning Fight book from Max
- overall great show

-'s
- bruised back
- stupid haircut
- nasty farts
- no $$

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

22Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

It was so awesome to see Jeff King! I miss that guy!

on a bad note, I agree with what Catie said to a point. If someone wants to talk to me about this, instead of arguing of the internet. Feel free too. SHOW ON JANUARY 10TH, COME!

23Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:18 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

jacobxw wrote:SHOW ON JANUARY 10TH, COME!

DAMN STRAIGHT

24Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:23 am

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

jacobxw wrote:SHOW ON JANUARY 10TH, CUM ON MY FACE!

https://facebook.com/moshing

25Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Empty Re: Coke Bust, LOJ, GIVE, etc.(12.6.2009) Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:17 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

costarika wrote:I have a huge purple bruise on my back now because Jamie Keffer tried to plow through the crowd, but everyone backed away except me and I flew into a corner wall and some cymbals.

NO CLIT IN THE PIT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum