D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PERILS/SOTHOROS/ARTILLERY BREATH/HORSEBURNER/POWERBOMB

+4
DirtCity
GuyInAWilcoShirt
Yoibomb
ijustwishi
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

GO HAM MUH NIGGA

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

I was late because of work, so I only saw two bands.

Artillery Breath - I like them, but I thought they played too long. I headed over to 7-11 with Alex after I heard the dreaded "we've got three songs left." Apparently those songs weren't as long because when I got back, they had just finished.

Horseburner - Best Horseburner set I've seen. Fucking great. Not much else needs to be said. I hope you guys sold some cds, because if that set didn't convince people to buy it, then I don't know what will.

Powerbomb - It happened.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

GuyInAWilcoShirt

GuyInAWilcoShirt

perils - ...no idea what to say. Not my thing at all.

Sothoros - set went a bit long i thought, but, disregarding the incredibly snotty remark of "you guys are good at standing in one place", this was definitely the best set i've seen them play.MOVE AROUND

Artillery Breath - Wasn't too into them, they played for a long fucking time. I will say, I dug the last three songs more than the beginning of the set.

Horseburner - best set I've seen them play. There were no awkward strap failings or butt crack to be seen. I could hear everything, everything sounded good, great energy. Two thumbs up. Bravo

Powerbomb - 5 star classic. The match was going great until I injured my knee during one of the high spots. Still, I stuck it out to the end where I, and everyone else, inevitably jobbed to the almighty powerbomb

good show fellers

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

DirtCity

DirtCity

I should be sleeping.

I was getting worried when no one was showing up by 10 after 7. BUT people finally showed around 7:30 and it was a sweet turnout.

Perils - Definitely not my style, but I like some of the dudes so I was glad to put them on the show. They brought tons of people too, so it was cool. Even though they left after Perils.

Sothoros - Best set I've seen from them for sure. I could hear their drummer! Singer needs to realize not everyone wants to mosh all the time.

Artillery Breath - KILLED IT. I agree they played a little too long, but I was digging them the whole time. Bought a CD and it is GOOD.

Horseburner - Rob's pants stayed up!

Powerbomb! - Mystery guests revealed. First Powerbomb! show in well over a year and it was great stepping in the ring again.

Thanks for everyone coming out and supporting. Tonight was a great time.

I have to work at 7 am and I'm going to bed now.

mmcxii

mmcxii

Perils - I hate deathcore. Mike gets a nod for being fucking scary, though. They brought a lot of people who left right after their set, but fuck it, they paid. I'm not gonna complain.

Sothoros - Best sounding set I've heard of them yet. They seem to finally have all their levels and whatnot right. The set here wasn't as long as the 45+ minute sets we've all come to expect, I enjoyed it. I actually really like this band. The vocalist should learn that people not moshing is not necessarily disrespect. In Parkersburg anyway, it's mostly a sign that you're not a hardcore band.

Artillery Breath - Awesome. Fuck that shit about long sets, these guys could have played for 4 hours for all I care. The drummer is in direct competition with Dave Klug for loudest non-mic'd drummer I've heard. I need to grab one of their CDs when I'm not $1500 in debt because of Horseburner.

Horseburner - No ass crack. Now would also be a good time to mention that I forgot ear plugs for the show and I'm still regretting it.

Powerbomb - Showed a bit of ring rust, and the band didn't get fully tuned up, but after almost a year and a half, we hit that Sweet Chin Music to (rightfully) regain the Heavyweight Title.

costarika

costarika

Perils - wasn't there because Branka thought the show started later than 7 -_-

Sothoros - yeah their set was long and that made my eyes all droopy. They have sounded better with each set, but I still feel like they're cramming too much genre styles into all of their songs - I feel like they really need to work on editing; that they would sound x1000 better. Granted each songs have the occasional sweet tremolo riffage and death metal sounds, but in its entirety it's still all over the place.

Artillery Breath - I kept on calling this band Axillary Vein and I don't know why haha. But yeah, I remember seeing this band at Last House on the Left in Columbus and they were pretty fun. This set was much the same, except the set was a little too long for that type of music. The feeling was more palpable when the singer said they had 3 songs left, after what seemed like an already 7 songs set.

Horseburner - I'm trying not to be bias since I know everyone in the band, but you guys were a lot of fun that night. I got dizzy from all that slow headbanging. I plan on buying your EP in the very near future - and I need it so I can play it on my radio show Tuesday! I was worried this was also going to be a long set, but fortunately it wasn't.

Powerbomb - don't really want to 'critique' it. Secret was well kept from me and I was genuinely shocked/surprised/pumped when Matt, Spenser, Jack and Adam hastily gathered themselves to preform. How did Petrucelli and some of the OU folks know Powerbomb?? haha

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

jacobxw

jacobxw

Perils-i hate deathcore too. they only played 3 songs, but it was still way to long. they also need bass player.
Sothoros-not to bad, not really my thing. the vocals got on my nerves alot, and I still think they played for to long. the commenet the singer made about noone moving around was dumb, whatever.
Artillery Breath-good set, I was pretty into it. They played for to long as well.
Horseburner-this is the band I came for, obviously. Band is so fucking good. Perfect set, no stops, 5 songs. front to back. A+! I'll be picking the EP up this friday.
POWERBOMB!-a secret well kept. Great set, so much fun. PERILS/SOTHOROS/ARTILLERY BREATH/HORSEBURNER/POWERBOMB Icon_lol

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

"how's my dick taste??"
lolocaust

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

This was the last local show I've been to... that can't be right... WTF!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum