D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

10/10/09 Belly Of The Beast Forced Hand, Hosebeast, Enzuigiri, Ancient Shores, Horseburner

+4
Hoarse Pat
DirtCity
jacobxw
Yoibomb
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

FORCED HAND - This band plays a style of music that I don't particularly go crazy for, and yet I love this band. Unfortunately I couldn't hear bass at all. The set in Athens is going to be a tough one to beat.

HOSEBEAST - I was worried about how this was going to go over in Parkersburg. Personally, I dig this kind of stuff and I found myself enjoying it. I find it to be a bit of a relief to see something so completely different at a show here.

ENZUIGIRI - I don't like to talk about my own band. We sure messed up that intro. WHOOPS.

ANCIENT SHORES - I was beat after our set, so I was in the back near our table eating crackers. Sounded good to me. I've seen these guys a bunch now so I don't know what to say.

HORSEBURNER - Holy shit, Rob made quite a difference in the live sound. I could also hear Zach for the first time. I think this was the first time Horseburner was really LOUD and sounded like what they're going for. Rob's asscrack was also shown to the crowd for a lot of the time.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

jacobxw

jacobxw

FORCED HAND-A+ set, Athens set will be hard to beat, but the covers were really awesome. I was moshing (obviously).
HOSEBEAST-I'm not really into this kinda stuff, it was cool to watch him do everything, and the end result was awesome, I just don't find myself listening to "noise".
ENZUIGIRI-Love this band, by far my favorite local band. Soo good, everytime I see theese guys its a treat. Can't wait for that 7"
ANCIENT SHORES-awesome, love as fuck as usual. The new songs are the best material they've written so far IMO. louder, and louder everytime. GREAT.
HORSEBURNER-Best set I think I've seen them play? It was awesome, YOU COULD HEAR BASS! Good set, EP should be great.

+'s
Lots of kids there that I don't usually see, hope they keep coming back for more
New records(new to me!)
-'s
Misfortunes not being able to play.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

DirtCity

DirtCity

Let's see.

Forced Hand - Decent set, but their new name isn't Forest hands so I hated it. Pretty good though, good energy, but turn Hoss up a bit! And Jarred needed to be louder. Actually, Justin should probably have turned down and/or not played. Set would have been way better.

Hosebeast- Interesting. Noise bands are nothing new to me, but this was kind of neat. It was certainly different and for that alone, if nothing else, I dug it. Also, the mask was rockin'.

Enzuigiri - Rough start, but after that it turned into a freaking awesome set. New song was intense. Only problem was not being able to hear Jack's vocals. Other than that, one of the better sets I've seen from them. Energy was good, playing was tight (well, other than the beginning, haha) Oh, and David Bello covers will always make a set better.

Ancient Shores - I missed the first half of their set, but the second half saw Pete, Justin, Matt and I dancing like idiots, so it was a good time. I like Ancient Shores, they play well and are fun to watch, but I like some songs a lot more than others.

Horseburner - We were really starting to wonder if Rob was going to make it, but since we asked Ancient Shores to take their time cleaning up, he made it just in time. Set was super fun, glad so many people stayed. This was probably our best sounding set, yeah? I think Rob is a good fit. Anyway, it was a blast and as usual, I was pretty much dead by the time we finished.

Overall, I thought this show was sweet. I was super pumped we had a bunch of people there who aren't always at these things. Anyway, let's keep up the promotion and really get these shows kickin'.

jacobxw

jacobxw

Yes, the promotion factor is key to success, and the reason you couldn't hear Jarred then Jack is because the mic cable was bad. Huge bummer.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

Hoarse Pat

I'd like to see Forced Hand again with the mic and bass turned up, but I can dig their stuff. Enzuigiri was really good, first time I saw them. I didn't watch much of Hosebeast, I'm not just into that kind of stuff. Ancient Shores wasn't bad, but I wasn't feeling it. Horseburner was so good. I was really impressed, and they sounded way better than the first time I heard them. Overall I enjoyed it, and saw a lot of people I don't see too often. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to future shows.

GuyInAWilcoShirt

GuyInAWilcoShirt

forced hand - ........fuckin work

Hosebeast - I've never seen a noise project at a show. It was quite different, but I really liked it

Enzuigiri - ...oops

Ancient Shores - Pretty good set, good energy, I thought it went a bit too long, but good nonetheless.

Horseburner - there was actually low end. I could hear everything pretty balanced. Set kinda drug out in parts but oh well, I thought it was a good set.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

mmcxii

mmcxii

I played twice.
The entire show was a blur.
I don't have a voice left today.
Eat my butt.

Thunderbeard

Thunderbeard

mmcxii wrote:Flump.
Dirt.
Soot.
Butt.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

i no longer play guitar in forced hand. i am heading up the horn section now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum