D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

heart holds true/forfeit/steel nation/hour of the wolf/outbreak/death before dishonor

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

heart holds true-pretty cool. they were dressed as left for dead characters so that made it cooler.

forfeit-definitely the band i came to see. awesome set. made me realize how out of shape i am. they played too much new stuff for me (even though i think they only play three new songs? maybe two?). awesome set regardless. the lower depths will be cool.

steel nation-this was my first time seeing them without a separate vocalist. still cool. they made it work. i think i'd still rather see them WITH a separate vocalist, but that's just a personal preference of mine anyway.

hour of the wolf-definitely solid. i can't say much though because after steel nation and forfeit i was tired as shit so i was just sitting down outside for most of their set. it definitely sounded solid though.

outbreak-okay, i don't listen to this band. this was a band i jammed A LOT when i first got into hardcore. i never got around to seeing them back then and i really think their lyrics are fucking stupid. BUT...they were fucking awesome. kids were going crazy as well. definitely cool to see.

death before dishonor-always pretty solid. they covered cock sparrer which is the only song i wanted them to play. i actually just wish they played all cock sparrer songs. almost makes up for me not seeing them in san fransisco. whatever! i love cock sparrer. this isn't even about death before dishonor anymore.

overall, the show was good.

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Heart Holds True - Great set, the songs all sounded good. Left 4 Dead outfits in full effect!

Forfeit - HARD. Always a great band to see. Moshed a lot.

Steel Nation - I love this band, and their new LP is fantastic. Moshed a lot. Also, this band loves WV, which is great. It's good to have at least one solid band who likes playing here.

Hour of the Wolf - Definitely a surprising set. I liked it a lot, really fast and punk. Would've bought their new 10" but I need to save my ca$hmoney.

Outbreak - FINALLY got to see them. They played a lot of old songs, which ruled, and they played the only two songs I like off of "Failure." I sang along a lot. Also moshed. Still not sure how the singer managed to get up on that speaker and dive onto me, I should've been paying more attention.

Death Before Dishonor - Not into this band a whole lot, but they played a really good set. Still moshed. And they opened with "Count Me In," which is my favorite song by them.

Pros:
- Every band was really fucking good.
- "This goes out to Barney muthafuckin' Rubble!"
- Got my mosh in, dressed as Barney Rubble.
- Kickin' it with the Parkersburg/Marietta homies.
- One of the most fun shows I've ever been to, straight up.

Cons:
- Eric got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT. Damn.
- I am now very sore from so much mosh. Damn.
- Not many people dressed up. Come on, where was the Halloween spirit?!

https://facebook.com/moshing

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

who dat alex wrote:Heart Holds True - Great set, the songs all sounded good. Left 4 Dead outfits in full effect!

Forfeit - HARD. Always a great band to see. Moshed a lot.

Steel Nation - I love this band, and their new LP is fantastic. Moshed a lot. Also, this band loves WV, which is great. It's good to have at least one solid band who likes playing here.

Hour of the Wolf - Definitely a surprising set. I liked it a lot, really fast and punk. Would've bought their new 10" but I need to save my ca$hmoney.

Outbreak - FINALLY got to see them. They played a lot of old songs, which ruled, and they played the only two songs I like off of "Failure." I sang along a lot. Also moshed. Still not sure how the singer managed to get up on that speaker and dive onto me, I should've been paying more attention.

Death Before Dishonor - Not into this band a whole lot, but they played a really good set. Still moshed. And they opened with "Count Me In," which is my favorite song by them.

Pros:
- Every band was really fucking good.
- "This goes out to Barney muthafuckin' Rubble!"
- Got my mosh in, dressed as Barney Rubble.
- Kickin' it with the Parkersburg/Marietta homies.
- One of the most fun shows I've ever been to, straight up.

Cons:
- Eric got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT. Damn.
- I am now very sore from so much mosh. Damn.
- Not many people dressed up. Come on, where was the Halloween spirit?!

oh hey, you forgot about that part where you lost all your friends!

Hoarse Pat

Heart Holds True - They had an alright set. First time seeing them, but they were good.

Forfeit - Holy shit. I moshed their entire set, except during one new song. So good. I felt dead after their set.

Steel Nation - Great like always. I wasn't sure how they would be without a front man, but they killed it. The new songs were great live.

Hour Of The Wolf - Love this band. I seemed to be the only person there that listens to them, so I got a lot of mic grabs. They had a really solid set, and were funny guys.

Outbreak - Would rather have seen them three of four years ago, but they played a really good set. I moshed to some old songs, unlike Alex, who moshed to every song, beginning to end. I have no idea how he didn't pass out. Remarkable.

Death Before Dishonor - They were fun, but once again, a few years ago and I would have been way more into it. But I did get pumped when they played Born From Misery. The Cock Sparrer cover ruled.

Pros:
Getting a ride.
Moshing in the car with Alex the ride there, with Liz between us probably really annoyed.
Alex's parents being super cool and buying us pizza.
Every band killing it.
Laughing at the jokes made at my expense.
Having fun the entire show, despite having a headache.

Cons:
Having a headache.
Waiting in the car for ten minutes while Alex bought merch.
Being supper sore upon waking up, and noticing that half of my left hand had swelled up and one knuckle had turned black.
Many, many things I said and jokes made that I will never live down.

ericscott

Heart Holds True - good set, stoked to see them again soon.(still miss holden caulfield)

Forfeit - amazing set, diggin the tape, nice dudes, 3rd time seeing them, best set thus far.

Steel nation- 5th time seeing them, was really stoked to se them, awesome set from what i saw, i got my eye busted open during odysseus, thanks to david moshing, so i missed half the set.

hour of the wolf- left to go to the hospital after steel nation missed them.

Outbreak- missed them.

Death before dishonor- missed them.

+'s
seeing everyone again,
getting a forfeit tape.
seeing mike t do the chin thing.

-'s
getting 17 stitches
missing half the show

minus the stitches, fun night.

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Hoarse Pat wrote:Heart Holds True - They had an alright set. First time seeing them, but they were good.

Forfeit - Holy shit. I moshed their entire set, except during one new song. So good. I felt dead after their set.

Steel Nation - Great like always. I wasn't sure how they would be without a front man, but they killed it. The new songs were great live.

Hour Of The Wolf - Love this band. I seemed to be the only person there that listens to them, so I got a lot of mic grabs. They had a really solid set, and were funny guys.

Outbreak - Would rather have seen them three of four years ago, but they played a really good set. I moshed to some old songs, unlike Alex, who moshed to every song, beginning to end. I have no idea how he didn't pass out. Remarkable.

Death Before Dishonor - They were fun, but once again, a few years ago and I would have been way more into it. But I did get pumped when they played Born From Misery. The Cock Sparrer cover ruled.

Pros:
Getting a ride.
Moshing in the car with Alex the ride there, with Liz between us probably really annoyed.
Every band killing it.

Cons:
Having a headache.
Being supper sore upon waking up, and noticing that half of my left hand had swelled up and one knuckle had turned black.

Like I said, I can be an energetic fellow when it's time to mosh bounce

Hoarse Pat

who dat alex wrote:
Hoarse Pat wrote:Heart Holds True - They had an alright set. First time seeing them, but they were good.

Pros:
Getting a ride.
Every band killing it.

Cons:
Having a headache.

Like I said, I can be an energetic fellow when it's time to mosh bounce

I nearly collapsed after moshing to Forfeits intro. It's uncanny how you moshed non-stop through Outbreaks entire set.

jacobxw

jacobxw

heart holds true-not to bad, way better than the first time i saw them. good set.
forfeit-so good, band is unreal live. i was moshin'. new LP is really good too. stoked to get a good rip of this, the tape didn't come with lyrics so that's a bummer.
steel nation-played a lot of new songs, great set. love this band, really suprised how much more i like the two vocalist with no frontman thing.
hour of the wolf-wow, i like this guys on recording, but damn! what a live show, so much energy. everyone in this band was going crazy, great set.
outbreak-played more old songs then a expected, kids went off. good set.
death before dishonor-everyone left, which was lame. cool set, they were hilarious.
+'s
forfeit's new LP on tape
the mosh
huntington all weekend

-'s
eric getting moshed, instead of moshing
not as many kids as i expected to be there

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

That Forfeit tape is so tight, I love the re-recorded version of "Treading Water." I'm mashin'. Making everyone wait in the car for me for 10 minutes so I could get that tape was SO WORTH IT Very Happy

jacobxw

jacobxw

who dat alex wrote:That Forfeit tape is so tight, I love the re-recorded version of "Treading Water." I'm mashin'. Making everyone wait in the car for me for 10 minutes so I could get that tape was SO WORTH IT heart holds true/forfeit/steel nation/hour of the wolf/outbreak/death before dishonor Icon_biggrin
for real, shit is so good. the b side is the best side IMO. that intro into cease to exist is so fucking hard heart holds true/forfeit/steel nation/hour of the wolf/outbreak/death before dishonor Icon_twisted

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

Hoarse Pat

who dat alex wrote:That Forfeit tape is so tight, I love the re-recorded version of "Treading Water." I'm mashin'. Making everyone wait in the car for me for 10 minutes so I could get that tape was SO WORTH IT Very Happy

WELL I DIDN'T BUY THE FUCKING TAPE!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum