D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

10.13.2009-Soul Control, Pool Party, Never Lose Heart, Misfortunes @ The Brickhouse

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jacobxw

jacobxw

Misfortunes-no idea.
Never Lose Heart-reallly, reallly good set. the new material I like a lot more. nice guys, them having two guitar players now is a huge plus.
Pool Party!-Good set, way better with people who are into it, and can play thier instruments. If your going to have two vocalists, I think you should have two guitar players. IMO.
Soul Control-Man, this band was soooo goooodd. Awesome live show, played alot of stuff of Involution, and thier new record. Dudes were nice as could be as well.
+'s
SOUL CONTROL
Taco Bell
-'s
20 something kids coming to this Sad

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

misfortunes- they usually smell really bad

never lose heart- I've only saw them once before and i think they sounded alot better last night than the time before, like jacob said, two guitar players is helping out alot.

Pool Party- not really my thing but they seemed to know what they were doing and everything was tight, a little more variation in vocalists would be awesome to see, i mean whats the point of having two if one guy is going to do 90% of the vocals.

Soul Control- really really good band the guitar work was really impressive to me.

+'s
hanging out with some friends
getting home at 11ish

-'s
something else going wrong with my equipment
being REALLY REALLY bored all night for some reason

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

moshed brotatoes

moshed brotatoes

Misfortunes - Good set, guys, especially for a first show. Not really Brickhouse-friendly kinda stuff if you know what I mean, but I'm into it. Playing in a smaller room with different acoustics would've been better.

Never Lose Heart - Wow, much better than they used to be. Carlton is an A+ addition to the band, and the vocals seemed improved as well.

Pool Party - Definitely fun, lots of energy. Great for a first show. Another guitar player would give them a much fuller sound though. Moshed.

Soul Control - DAMN is all I have to say. Nice guys, great musicians... Soul Control is a thinking man's hardcore band, once again not really Brickhouse-friendly stuff. Such a good band though, and Rory is a fantastic vocalist. I'm spinning the new LP as I'm typing this Very Happy

Pros:
- bro time with Misfortunes and seeing a lot of people I've been missing
- getting the new Soul Control LP
- Taco Bell

Cons:
- 95% of the people in the room moving to the back or leaving the room while Soul Control was playing. What was that bullshit?
- accidentally biting my tongue REALLY hard at Taco Bell

Also would like to say: admission to the show, $6. Gas money, $10. LP, $12. Seeing Mike T do that double chin thing, fucking priceless.

https://facebook.com/moshing

ericscott

Misfortunes- I felt i was too loud, for about half the set, fuck damiens cord, for messing up, kinda uncomfortable set..but thanks if you watched us.

Never lose heart- fucking awesome set, awesome dudes, digging the new shit.

Pool party- I would like to see this band again, really suprised me.

Soul control- to be honest, hadn't listened to them much prior, suprised me alot.
impressed.

+'s
Kids actually watching us.
Seeing ALOT of old friends again.
Taco bell.
Alex coming to hang prior to the show.
Mike t's chin thing.

-'s
Not a great turnout.
damien's cord fucking up.
Being uncomfortable.
First show jitters.
Brett being a huge pussy by not eating the sauce.
leaving my jacket at the brickhouse, therefore, freezing the rest of the evening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum