D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New venue in Morgantown!

+2
chrislynch
brummy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New venue in Morgantown! Empty New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 am

brummy

brummy

So it's not officially a venue yet, but my roommates and I signed a lease for this huge house in Westover. The basement has at least 15' tall ceilings, a separate entrance from outside, and a fuck ton of open space. The plans right now are to turn it into a coffee shop/art space by day and a venue by night. We're gonna have room for people to paint, draw, or work on whatever. I'd even like to do like they used to do at 213 Green St. in Morgantown and have a dual art exhibit/show. During the day there's going to be a record player, maybe a cd/cassette stereo as well, so people can listen to either my vinyl that I'll provide or their music that they bring with them. I'd like to sell coffee and other non-alcoholic drinks, but that might have to wait until I can look into and hopefully get a business license. Either way, I plan on hosting as many shows as possible, and I was seeing if any of you fuckers would be interested in playing a show or three. We can move in on May 15th, so I'm trying to set something up for Saturday the 21st.

I was thinking about calling it the Gorgeous Man, but we might try to come up with something else/more original hahaha. Any suggestions for a name?

2New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 am

chrislynch

if you call this place the cum palace, i'll definitely play there.

3New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 am

brummy

brummy

deal!

4New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

I know my band would be down to play just about any weekend, plus we've never played in Morgantown before.

www.myspace.com/downgoesfrazier

http://www.myspace.com/downgoesfrazier

5New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Sheeeeiiiiittt dawg

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

6New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

this sounds so awesome. never call it the gorgeous man though, cuz the handsome woman is a reference to something else, but do it do it do it even if i'm not welcome there ever this sounds like an awesome idea. it sucks that starting a record store would be so taxing because that would be really cool too.

is it like, an industrial-esque-type of building or is it actually a HOUSE? the way you explained it i'm imagining like an old store or something that's been converted into a living space.

7New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:43 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

Haverchuck wrote:I know my band would be down to play just about any weekend, plus we've never played in Morgantown before.

how has down goes frazier never played in morgantown before?

8New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

hosebeast wrote:
Haverchuck wrote:I know my band would be down to play just about any weekend, plus we've never played in Morgantown before.

how has down goes frazier never played in morgantown before?

We've never been asked, and/or been too lazy to try and book something there. Kinda lame, I know. I've played with some and knew some guys in bands from Morgantown, though. That Paul dude from Mega Touch used to be in a band from around here called Fairweather Fan, and when I was in Holden Caulfield we played with Law Biting Citizens and Death Virginia a few times, but never made up there to play. Also, I know a guy Trey that was in some walrus band or something, I dunno.

9New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:37 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

lol @ the last part of that post

yeah i thought you guys had been around for a super long time. like, didn't you guys not exist for a while, then get back together after some years? i remember seeing yr name on fliers and stuff before i knew what shows even were i think, or am i just delusional?

10New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

hosebeast wrote:lol @ the last part of that post

yeah i thought you guys had been around for a super long time. like, didn't you guys not exist for a while, then get back together after some years? i remember seeing yr name on fliers and stuff before i knew what shows even were i think, or am i just delusional?

Yeah we've been around since 2003, and for a while one of our guitar players left because he was going for his Phd at Wayne State in Detroit. So we had like a two year hiatus. Then, he came back and we got back together. After that he realized he didn't have enough time between his job and dgf, so we're just playing as a three piece right now. We probably won't last much longer, but then again who knows.

As it turns out, our bass player has a fairly big house now, and they did a show there back in January. Aparently it went pretty well, and hopefully more shows will happen there.

11New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:00 am

DeathandTexas

DeathandTexas

ya'll do hip hop shows? Hit me up doe:
New venue in Morgantown! 50ballplayertee

http://twitter.com/DeathandTexas

12New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 pm

brummy

brummy

shit, we'll do any kind of show. i want this venue to be inclusive and not anything like the way 123 is set up

Last edited by brummy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

13New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

who are you moving in with

14New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:12 am

brummy

brummy

im livin with cliff (from ovada) and sean grimm right now and all three of us are on the lease for this new house. we might have a fourth living with us as well, but im not sure if she's actually moving or not

Last edited by brummy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

15New venue in Morgantown! Empty Re: New venue in Morgantown! Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

most random shit i've ever heard. did you and sean become close recently or what? i thought he was living in new martinsville or something again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum