D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

10/8/10 Anti Flag & more in Pittsburgh - Mr. Smalls

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

I know a lot of the people on this board don't listen to these bands or this type of music, but this was definitely an A++ show.

World's Scariest Police Chases - Opening band, I believe it's their third or fourth show.. anyhow, there were 2 vocalists, two guitarists, a bassist and drummer.. All decked out in cop uniforms and all the members had a moustache. The two singers both had flashlights and sunglasses. VERY catchy songs, sing alongs, some of which include "HEY KID, WHERE'S THE WEED", "PULL YOUR PANTS UP, PULL YOUR DAMN PANTS UP" EXCELLENT SET, stole the show right from the start.

The Flatliners - I've always heard they put on the BEST live shows. I was not disappointed, a very powerful band. Good stuff, seriously guys. The majority of you guys should know who they are. If not, here's their

LINK

Riverboat Gamblers - Man, not my thing. I stood at the bar and enjoyed my tasty french bread pizza during their whole set.

Strike Anywhere - The kids all went nuts when they hit the stage. Circle pits during the whole set. Singer was real nice, the whole atmosphere changed when they played.

... After that, we were introduced to two girls who wanted to "talk with us".. They went on saying how the coal industry is polluting the earth etc. etc. etc, man, I was a little offended considering I am a West Virginian and I have had family members work in coal mines. Sure it isn't exactly the best job one could have, but that's just it. It's a JOB. A lot of people would be out of one if it were to be taken away. Eh, I had my phone out anyhow. Fuck those sluts.

Anti Flag - Whole reason for making the trip. My favorite band that I have yet to see. Sure, they played some new stuff, sure they played the poppy stuff, but they also played the real old stuff as well. I went nuts, I threw some elbows at some kids wearing Penguins shirts, yeah, I knocked a lot of people on their asses. It was intense.

+'s
meeting up with my best friend who drove up from DC
World's Scariest Police Chases (seriously, whoa)
new Flatliners shirt
elbowing a kid wearing a Marc Andre Fluery shirt in the face ;-)
Anti Flag covering the Clash
seeing a table of 8 playing with their Magic the Gathering cards at Denny's

-'s
Riverboat Gamblers hour set (wanted to kill something)
really expensive drinks
the old fat guy in the circle pit running the other way?

DirtCity

DirtCity

I saw Anti-Flag on Warped in 2004 and they put on a really fun show then too. Though I don't really listen to them anymore, I still think they'd put on a good show. Sounds like fun.

Hoarse Pat

I completely forgot about this show. Bummer. Sounds like it was a lot of fun though. What song did Anti-Flag cover?

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

Hoarse Pat wrote:I completely forgot about this show. Bummer. Sounds like it was a lot of fun though. What song did Anti-Flag cover?

Definitely a lot of fun. And they covered Should I stay or should I go.

Hoarse Pat

Zetterberger wrote:
Hoarse Pat wrote:I completely forgot about this show. Bummer. Sounds like it was a lot of fun though. What song did Anti-Flag cover?

Definitely a lot of fun. And they covered Should I stay or should I go.

They could of covered a better song, but it's still The Clash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum