D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OH MY GOD!!!! (WEEZER + BLUE & PINKERTON CONTENT)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

costarika

costarika

OH MY GOD!!!! (WEEZER + BLUE & PINKERTON CONTENT) 101322-weezer_617_409

According to Spinner.com, Weezer will kick off its "Blinkerton" tour in November and perform for two nights at each stop of the trek. The band will play its 1994 debut "The Blue Album" the first night and its 1996 cult favorite "Pinkerton" the second.

Reached for comment, the band's label Epitaph said that tour dates were still being finalized and will be announced in the coming weeks.

The news comes after several weeks of speculation about whether there would be enough interest from venue promoters to greenlight the tour. "We have this really exciting idea to do a tour where we spend two nights in each city, and the first night, we play the entire 'Blue' album, and the second night, we play the entirety of 'Pinkerton," Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo told MTV last month, adding that fan response to the idea was "incredible."

"We're just running it by promoters right now to see if there's sufficient interest in the markets to do something like that, and if they're on board, it's gonna happen," he said.

Much like the deluxe edition of "The Blue Album," which was released in 2004, "Pinkerton" will get its own two-disc reissue on Nov. 2 (just in time for the "Blinkerton" Tour), according to a listing on Amazon.com.

Source: Billboard.com

While I'm willing to pay x amount of dollars for the upcoming Daft Punk 2011/2012 world tour, I am equally willing to shell out for this two-nights/stop tour. Eee!!

http://blank-collage.blogspot.com

DirtCity

DirtCity

Welp, I'd make a drive and a hotel reservation to see this. I hope they come anywhere remotely close.

DeathandTexas

DeathandTexas

I saw this, and I'm 100% there if the following conditions are met:

1) Rivers sings all of the songs. All of them. Apparently at recent performances Brian and Pat have taken over vocal duties on some of the old songs to "switch it up". Bullshit. I don't need Pat Wilson's goofy ass slurring his way through No One Else.

2)No motherfucking keyboards. No guitar-less, frontman Rivers. Play the songs the way they were always played. (Throwing the moog in is okay I guess, but they got by for years with just a four piece rock set up, and I see no reason to dabble)

3) No goofy costumes. We get it guys, you're quirky. No need to dress like a douche to get over on that image anymore. Motley Crue this bitch. Those guys know their role/image and still dress like assholes because thats what people want to see. Get out yr sweater vests and do this the right way.

4) Play Pink Triangle 4 times in a row, bring back Matt Sharp, and have Rivers grow the bowl cut out again.

okay, they can skip thes suggestions in # 4, but I'm serious about the first 3. Eric and I watched videos of recent weezer performances on youtube and they sucked fat balls, but I would kill to see this band return to their roots, even if it's just for "county fair cash grab" reasons.

http://twitter.com/DeathandTexas

hosebeast

hosebeast

DeathandTexas wrote:I saw this, and I'm 100% there if the following conditions are met:

1) Rivers sings all of the songs. All of them. Apparently at recent performances Brian and Pat have taken over vocal duties on some of the old songs to "switch it up". Bullshit. I don't need Pat Wilson's goofy ass slurring his way through No One Else.

2)No motherfucking keyboards. No guitar-less, frontman Rivers. Play the songs the way they were always played. (Throwing the moog in is okay I guess, but they got by for years with just a four piece rock set up, and I see no reason to dabble)

3) No goofy costumes. We get it guys, you're quirky. No need to dress like a douche to get over on that image anymore. Motley Crue this bitch. Those guys know their role/image and still dress like assholes because thats what people want to see. Get out yr sweater vests and do this the right way.

4) Play Pink Triangle 4 times in a row, bring back Matt Sharp, and have Rivers grow the bowl cut out again.

okay, they can skip thes suggestions in # 4, but I'm serious about the first 3. Eric and I watched videos of recent weezer performances on youtube and they sucked fat balls, but I would kill to see this band return to their roots, even if it's just for "county fair cash grab" reasons.

HA

this is the first 1990s re-kindling of whatever the fuck bands are doing today that i actually care about. can't wait for tired of sex and only in dreams!

DeathandTexas

DeathandTexas

Pinkerton reissue tracklisting:
Disc One
Original Album:
1. "Tired Of Sex"
2. "Getchoo"
3. "No Other One"
4. "Why Bother?"
5. "Across The Sea"
6. "The Good Life"
7. "El Scorcho"