D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know we\'ve all been in a ton of bands

+15
dayisdone
moshed brotatoes
hosebeast
matt254543
chrislynch
mmcxii
jacobxw
GuyInAWilcoShirt
shanholtzer
don222ald
damienthulhu
brummy
DirtCity
Yoibomb
dingbat
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1I know we\'ve all been in a ton of bands Empty I know we've all been in a ton of bands Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:39 am

dingbat

dingbat

So list them all

I'm not gonna lie, some of these are embarassing to remember.

Magic Bronson - First Organized band, played jazz fusion and funk, opened for Afro-man

Human Pork - Carlton and my frist band together, bad noise metal

Most Ill - Started in high school as the bassist, either quit or got kiced out, rehoined a year or two later then soon after switched to bass. Tons of shows, tours, and beers later.

Discography
Demo 2007
Get Wild
Demo 2008
Demo 2009

Hollow Graves - Asked to join when bassit quit, planned on only filling in and ended up staying

Don't Look Back - Same members as Hollow Graves with me as the drummer

Discography
Demo 2008

R. Kelley and the Choclate Factory - bassist 80's hardcore cover band with some of the dudes from my music theory class at marshall.

Failure Figure - Rhythm guitar/Vocals, Blitzkid type horror punk with a rockabilly flare every now and then.

Discography
Hugs Kisses and Deathwishes EP

We Stand Corrected - Played drums, rocked hard, wrote songs about wrestling and hockey, pissed in venue floors, gained my nickname.

Discography
The 2 Minute EP

Steady Sailin' - Me Dylan and Cody from Most Ill, one practice, one song

Never Lose Heart - Bassist/Vocals, tours, shows, and a lot of illegal substances, most fun band I've played in. We might have a record coming out, we might not.

Discography
Demo 2009

Psych! - Guitar, basically I was just a scab.

Heart Holds True - Ex Holden Caulfield, I'm not sure how I feel about this band but the hangouts are fun

Discography
This Is War EP
Split 7" with Smoke and Mirrors
Demo 2010

I think that's it, if I can think of more later I'll post them

Edited with descriptions.

Last edited by Dingbat on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Some of these barely existed. I feel like being detailed.

P.F.I - First band. Junior high. Barely did anything.

Discography
NOTHING

The Born - This band did even less. Sort of turned into To Kill Or Cure?

Discography
NOTHING

Powerbomb - Most of you know this band. Lasted for five years. Only counts as half-serious.

Discography

Demo Tape (only ten people have this)
ACR Sampler (Casket Match At Summer Slam
split tape with Shit.Ass (heroes of Sweden)
"No Holds Barred, No Craps Given" CDR

Von Cosel - First "serious" band. Good (and embarrassing) times.

Discography

Demo CDR (Donald made cool envelope packaging. Apparently the stamp on the cd ruined a few copies?)

"The Yarmouth Telegram" cdr EP (The most poorly distributed release ever. Most were ruined.)

"The Emo Apocalypse" comp. LP (Did the track xJKx. Released by React With Protest. Our biggest moment was a 30 second song.)

Brainfreeze - Yeeeaaahhhh. One show. Done after that.

Discography
NOTHING

Strongman - Only existed for a few practices. Got a rought recording of one and a half songs. Wish this band would've done more.

Discography
NOTHING

Enzuigiri - Current band.

Discography

Demo tape (50 made. All gone.)

Demo + 2 CDR (OHYM re-release of the demo.)

split tape with Bombs Away (Still have these.)

"21 Shiny Daves" comp. (did Pull Yr Pigtails)

s/t 7" (Horrid shitfest from Hell.)

Cyclopean - I guess since we've recorded something it's sort of official now?

Discography
NOTHING

I wish I would've actually recorded more stuff in some of these bands.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

DirtCity

DirtCity

I'm going to see if I can even remember all of mine. I'm also counting joke bands and such.

Excoriate - Played one jr high dance, were laughed at, then my girlfriend broke up with me. AWESOME NIGHT.

Sub-Conscious - Stuck around for a couple years, played some big shows, released two EP's. Were laughed at several times.

Response Modifications - We have one recorded song

TimeFallsShort - We recorded one EP and played a show or two, but turned into..

To Kill or Cure - Were around for 5 or 6 years? Released an EP and a demo, played tons of shows, until the last two years of existence, which we played like 5 shows in that two year span. Fun stuff.

Some unnamed math metal band - One practice, then I quit.

Strongman - A couple practices, a recorded song. I'd like to do something with this band again some time. Donald? Matt?

POWERBOMB! - The joke band that everyone loved. I joined after the first vocalist left. Matt posted our Discog.

Stay on Task - A couple recorded songs (ripped from a video camera). Played one show.

ACompleteArsenal - I was in it for a week or something

Madeara Frames - One EP, several shows. Still miss this band.

Necrogorica - Electronic gore project with Matt and Jack.

Autumn's Silent Roses - Andy Griffith rip. One full length.

Some band where we mixed Sub-Conscious and The Born, or tried? Or something.

The Born - Matt already talked about it.

Fall By Thousands - Played 3 or 4 shows.

Williamstown First Baptist Youth Praise Band - Played almost every Sunday night for 5 or 6 months.

Prison For Independence - YESSS!!!!

ICE - In Christ Eternally... that's gonna move some merchandise

Leonardo Leonardo - Emo Violins. Loved this band, played several shows, but every show seemed to get worse.

The Author (temporary name for a band that was basically just Eric and I. We tried adding Gavin on bass but you know how that works out) - We have two recorded songs though.

Trans-Appalachian Orchestra - Yearly TSO tribute band. It would be illegal for us to record, but we've played somewhere from 7 to 10 shows and raised over 500 bucks and tons of food for charities in the area.

Thurgood Architect - Noise solo/joke

Cyborg Revolution Programme - We were a joke band. We may have recorded a song? I don't remember.

Spies From the Sky (or skies?)- Donald and I grabbed instruments and wasted time at a show where nothing was happening. We have two recorded songs from it, and the one where Donald played guitar is kind of cool.

PHS and OVU Jazz bands... but I don't think those count. If so, I played a few concerts with each of them.

The Clouds We Are - I'm in this band now, but I'm just kind of a live drummer for if we ever play a show.

Great Eastern Dream - Current band # 1. One demo that has yet to be released. We've got a show this weekend.

Horseburner - Current band. One EP, handful of shows, trying to get back into playing and setting up tours for the summer.

I feel like I'm forgetting some, but that's all I could think of. I bolded all the bands that actually played shows.

*edit* I've added a couple that I remembered.

Last edited by DirtCity on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 am; edited 2 times in total

brummy

brummy

DirtCity wrote:We tried adding Gavin on bass but you know how that works out)

HAHAHA what could you possibly mean by this?

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Whoops, how did I forget Necrogorica? Also, PUNX U.S.A.

DirtCity

DirtCity

Yoibomb wrote:Whoops, how did I forget Necrogorica? Also, PUNX U.S.A.

PUNK USA! You mean how we're so lucky to know those street wise hoodlums? They're so punk...

I'M SORRY OFFICER, I DIDN'T KNOW ROCK N ROLL WAS A CRIME!!!

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Mick Vomit is always getting into trouble.

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

Oh gosh some of the stuff I was in doesnt need to be mentioned but oh well, I'll put some stuff with myspace links if available.

Sworn Remains- first band- played bass- with curt(drummer misfortunes)- very bad haste the day/still remains rip off- very funny- you will "lol"- repeat you will "lol"

http://www.myspace.com/swornremains20012003

In Decembers Shadow- Vocals- bad norma jean ripoff

All We Are- bass and vocals- alkaline trio rip off-once again bad

Capstone- drums- wow! I must have been way bored to do this

Shiver Me Timbers- bass- death metal band with lyrics about pirates- thought it was lame quit after a few practices

The Cross and the Switchblade- Guitar- played alot of shows did a mini tour with the Heartland- I still enjoy the songs although now i really can't stand the vocalist.

http://www.myspace.com/thecrossandtheswitchblade

The Legend of Boggy Creek- Guitar vocals- Didnt do alot just sort of on and off here and there practice kind of a locust ripoff with some ambient down temmpo parts wrote all the lyrics about cryptids

Clockwork- guitar vocals- kind of the start of agdistis this was during tcats i believe eric was in this too

Agdistis- guitar vocals- this was the start of misfortunes we changed the name to get rid of some bad members without actually dealing with the awkwardness of kicking them out.

Misfortunes- guitar- Current band
www.myspace.com/misfortunesohio

Jersey Devil- Drums Vocals- current band- just for fun so me eric and curt have something to do when misfortunes can't jam.

www.myspace.com/slajfkdsjafklsjaklf

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

don222ald

see Matt's posts for:
von cosel
strongman

see Adam's post for:
williamstown praise band (i forgot that i did this 'til he posted...)
time falls short
to kill or cure

riots to ruin
i guess we played acouple shows so i should mention it. mike lutz, eric, and jim. eric played drums then didnt for awhile. jim did vocals then did drums. this was most of our time in junior high. we played some talent shows, an embarassing set a a church lock in (i guess we were only supposed to play one song and we played a 20 minute set... including a "sex and violence" cover in the church ughh), and another church "talent show" that we ended up being the only participants in. a The Hives cover was played..

Acompletearsenal
i played drums on a song or two but dont remember what i was supposed to actually do? vocals i think

Spies from the Sky

it started with adam, myself and drew (from to kill or cure) and was gonna sound like the international noise conspiracy.. it turned into me and adam playing improvised jams. one show to about 6 people.

Milestone
played bass. it was a fun summer. yadda yadda

Sunday Mail
played one show with tin armor at the golf course and that was it.

i feel like i was in others but i really don't remember..[b]

Last edited by don222ald on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

Hands Tied To The Wheel - Guitar/Vocals - screamy angular punk / post hardcore, once compared to Assfactor 4 by Dusty White. Played a handful of show. Members went on to Librarians.

Discography
shitty practice recordings without vocals
one song recorded with really embarassing vocals

A Black Market Diary - Guitar/Vocals - wanted to sound like Planes Mistaken for Stars but everything started to shift towards the other dudes interest. I quit after almost a year and they a still a band 9 years later.

Discography (with me)
This Failure - CDR EP limited to 50 copies. I don't even have one

The Bragturd Boys - homoerotic fruity loops music, played too many shows, pissed off Girl Talk. got paid $200 to play at 123.

STINY - Guitar - melodic/pop punk band with dude from The Failers. I took over for Brian Spragg. They recorded 3 songs with him and played one show. We played one show and never spoke again.

Discography
3 song demo - www.purevolume.com/stiny

Privates - Gutiar/Vocals - experimental progressive rock, i guess. we were vulgar.

Discography
Business Kiss
I Made This Wave Myself

Homes - Bass/Vocals - had many different forms, mostly an excuse to play with people that weren't Dave & Eric from Privates. Played a bunch of shows, never really recorded

Some Kind of Sleeping Giant - Guitar/Vocals - too many guitars. Dirt & I wanted to sound like Braid & At The Drive-In, other dudes wanted to sound like whatever Equal Visions were putting out at the time. Played a bunch of shows, broke up.

Discography
Hands EP

Talk Slower - Guitar - Told fitch we were going to start a hardcore band. Used as an excuse to write songs with my pedals more. Could've sounded like anything from Fugazi, Converge, Explosions In The Sky, Thursday, and other shitty bands. Recorded an unfinished ep with Eric Merrow, only 1 song exists

Landmine - played bass, was supposed to do vocals, moved to CT

Bombs Away! - Bass/Voacls - pop punk / screamo, quit because most of the dudes were shitty. band sucked to be in.

Discography
Do You Know Where Josh Bell Is? - 4 song EP CDR
Split tape w/ Enzuigiri

One Hundred Year Ocean - Guitar/Vocals - current band #1. Vaguely similar to Modest Mouse & The Anniversary but not at all. Hard to describe. We play around 4 shows a year.

The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die - Drums - current band #2 atmospheric "emo" stuff i guess. Vaguely similar to The Appleseed Cast. we've played 1 show so far.

Derrick - really short acoustic pop songs

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

DirtCity

DirtCity

don222ald wrote:
Spies from the Sky

it started with adam, myself and drew (from to kill or cure) and was gonna sound like the international noise conspiracy.. it turned into me and adam playing improvised jams. one show to about 6 people.

That was two different bands. I actually forgot about the one with Drew, but that was Romeo a GO GO. Spies From the Sky I talked about in my post.

GuyInAWilcoShirt

GuyInAWilcoShirt

TPT - we played a ton of shows, more than i can remember, some, I'm sure, were bad and some good. We had an ep, an acoustic ep, and a full length released. Also, we had about 5 or so demo songs that never made it on a release.

Grace From Film - I'd rather not remember this, I played drums in this one with a couple dudes from the band amber. We played one show, and had two practices.

Untitled band - this was Kevin, Adam and I's band after tpt broke up. We had a bunch of songs recorded, nothing really happened with it though.

The Author - I had no idea that this had a name. Like adam said, two songs, gavin being gavin.

Powerbomb - Fuck yeah, played bass in it a couple times, replaced by spenser............ Sad

Madeara Frames - Played a few shows, had an ep. Fun band to be in. I, like adam, miss this band a bunch.

Swampgeist - Black metal band, played bass in it, we released an ep.

Trans-Appalachian Orchestra - Yearly tribute band like adam said. Fun stuff.

Great Eastern Dream - current band - A couple shows under our belts including a great Marietta high school battle of the bands, and a Thirsty Turtle show with the Torture Store....nothing makes sense.

Enzuigiri - current band - Playing shows, writing stuff. Thanks to this band, I got to see the renfields. And, what matt said for the releases part of it.

Last edited by GuyInAWilcoShirt on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

don222ald

shit, you're right. that whole time is a big blur. romeo a go go is a fucking stupid name.

IN BEFORE ERIC HAS TO SAY HE WAS IN GRACE FROM FILM

don222ald

crap, i was late

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

don222ald wrote:
IN BEFORE ERIC HAS TO SAY HE WAS IN GRACE FROM FILM

failed!

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

don222ald wrote:IN BEFORE ERIC HAS TO SAY HE WAS IN GRACE FROM FILM

TOO LATE

Eric, you replaced Spenser.

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

powerbomb had bass?

DirtCity

DirtCity

Yoibomb wrote:
don222ald wrote:IN BEFORE ERIC HAS TO SAY HE WAS IN GRACE FROM FILM

TOO LATE

Eric, you replaced Spenser.

Yeah, but then he replaced you again for the reunion show. Cause you said you were going out of town.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Powerbomb had bass for our last few shows.

jacobxw

jacobxw

ENLIGHTEN - First band, ever. I learned how to play bass in the fall so we could start a band. Recuited two fine gentlmen. Wrote 5 songs, played a shit load of shows. Took a break, recorded those songs, wrote 2 more. Played shows. We all hated each other, broke up.
Discography
Demo 2009 - I can't even remember how many of these we made, but I still have em'. Their packaged pretty cool, if you want one, Ask.
MISFORTUNES - www.myspace.com/misfortunesohio
Discography
Demo 2010 - OHYM is putting these out, stay on the look out!

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

jacobxw wrote:ENLIGHTEN - First band, ever. I learned how to play bass in the fall so we could start a band. Recuited two fine gentlmen. Wrote 5 songs, played a shit load of shows. Took a break, recorded those songs, wrote 2 more. Played shows. We all hated each other, broke up.
Discography
Demo 2009 - I can't even remember how many of these we made, but I still have em'. Their packaged pretty cool, if you want one, Ask.
Discography

mail me an elighten demo

jacobxw

jacobxw

shanholtzer wrote:
jacobxw wrote:ENLIGHTEN - First band, ever. I learned how to play bass in the fall so we could start a band. Recuited two fine gentlmen. Wrote 5 songs, played a shit load of shows. Took a break, recorded those songs, wrote 2 more. Played shows. We all hated each other, broke up.
Discography
Discography

mail me an elighten demo
'
can do, PM me your address.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

brummy

brummy

Oh man, i think this might be more embarrassing than i want

I don't even know what to put as our name for the first band I was in. I don't think we ever settled on one, but I'll put down the name that sticks out the most
Riots to Ruin
Previous names included Distorted Blowfish and Dysfunctional Envy, but there were a million suggestions. It was me, Donald, Mike Lutz, and Jim Stealey in junior high.
We played "Butchtkrieg Bop" (the clean version) at the Hamilton talent show
We also had songs like "Martha Stewart's Got the Hots for Me"
Discography
a bunch of unreleased tapes
...Donald, did this evolve into Nuclear Summer?

Santa's Little Shoplifters
Old junior high band with David Bello, and the dude that got punched by Matt Fur.
Discography
I think I have the only copy of a 4 song demo

THE BLEEK
Me and Donald initially. We "wrote" and recorded 14 songs of pure improv punk madness in one hour. Then we added Mike Lutz and shit got real f'real.
Discography
No official releases, but we recorded everything from "Burrito," a spanish piece, "Drop the Bass In, "Donald's freestyle rap, "Tinkle on the Telephone," "Autistic Love," and a few other gems.

Acompletearsenal
Grindcore. It lasted literally only two practices.
Discography
None, I don't even have the recordings anymore

Scrotumbrella
Me, Jim Stealey, and Drew Hixx. I don't even know if we were half-serious, but it was the most fun I've had in any single band (although the bleek was right up there). We mostly played heavier stuff and had songs about my 60-some year old high school religion teacher who had a mustache, wanting to jump in pools, and tragedies involving broken dicks.
Discography
None, unfortunately.

Full Motion Audio
Me, Mike Baker, and Drew Hicks.
Discography
None. We played Marietta High's talent show, and that was pretty much it.

The Binge Mechanisms
Officially it was me, Jim Stealey, Mike Lutz, Nick Artherholtz, Joseph Henry, and Mark Blavos, but most of the time it was just me and Jim and occasionally Mike.
We played pissed off sonic Youth/Glenn Branca inspired jamz with a tiny hint of Zappa.
Discography
Fops - recorded by Brian Spragg, released by Derrick's Project Active Media
I think there were 10 copies made, and I have most of them still, hahaha

Super Sargasso
The latest inception of this band was me, David Bello, J Gonzales, and Bernie Parsons (Shrine). We formed and started practicing a whole 4 days before going on tour, but it worked out pretty well. We played three Shrine songs (Waterwheel, Narcodrone, and Three Gorges), two David Bello songs (Collection and Everyone Looks and Sounds Just Like You/Billy Mays), and one of J's songs (I Feel Ten Feet Tall and Strong As a Aux).
Discography
None. So upset we never got a soundboard recording from our last show at 123.

Last edited by brummy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total

mmcxii

mmcxii

Active:

Enzuigiri - bass & vocals, y'all know bout dem. Releases: "Landmine" Demo, Split Tape with Bombs Away!, Bello tribute comp, s/t 7"
Horseburner - guitar & vocals, y'all also know bout demz. Releases: Dirt City CD
Trans-Appalachian Orchestra - guitar & vocals, TSO Tribute band. No recordings, except a few youtube videos
Cyclopean - guitar, bass, vocals. Noisy black metal. No recordings just yet

???:

Madeara Frames - Played bass live for 3 shows. Releases: 4-song demo CD that I didn't play on.

Dead:

To Kill or Cure - guitar, backing vocals. Started off as Time Falls Short, generic hard rock with screaming that later turned into progressive metalcore-ish stuff? I dunno. Releases: Time Falls Short EP, Return of the Centaur EP, 3-song demo CD
Powerbomb - guitar. Greatest band that ever happened. Releases: 10-song demo tape, "The Russo Swerve: A Powerbomb/Shit.Ass Split Tape," "No Holds Barred, No Craps Given" CD.
Fall by Thousands - guitar. Shitty Metalcore. Had 2 songs written, played 2 shows, covered "Raining Blood." No releases, thank god.
Five Leaf Clover - guitar & vocals. RUSH cover band. Played some skate park shows, CA House Band Blasts, etc. Crowning achievement: Getting 3rd place behind Mental Pain and Scenes From A Movie at a Marietta BOTB. No releases.

lolz:

Necrogorica - guitar. Electronic black metal/goregrind. No physical releases, but a bunch of mp3s
PFI - guitar. Jr. High Punk.
The Born - guitar. Jr. High "screamo."
Cyborg Revolution Programme - guitar. I think we recorded one song. Jesus was a robot.
ARTHUR - bass. Noise.

Last edited by mmcxii on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

brummy

brummy

Donald, what about Andy Griffith?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum