D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

physical copy vs. digital downloads

+5
brummy
shanholtzer
matt254543
Yoibomb
don222ald
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:12 am

don222ald

what do you prefer?

why do you prefer that format?

do you think in the next 5 years your opinion will change?

2physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:21 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

- Physical copy.

- I'm a nerd.

- Unless I just run out of room, no.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

3physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:32 am

matt254543

I like a physical copy on vinyl that comes with a download code.

I like the vinyl because its nice to have something to touch and see, and its a fairly inexpensive hobby. But I also find that I don't have a lot of time to sit and listen to records. If I get a download code, I get the files that I can put on my ipod and I can make cds to listen to in my car, which is where I get to listen to music most of the time. I don't like purchasing cds because I ruin them. I suppose I could just get the cds and rip them to mp3s but that's too much work. It's much easier to go to some website put in a code, click, and you have the files.

In five years, I'll probably have given up buying music all together because I'll probably be broke.

4physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:33 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

The vinyl/download code (or cd works too) combo is great.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

5physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

i hoard mp3s and spend too much money are records.

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

6physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:26 am

brummy

brummy

i download a bunch of music (just added like 100 some albums to itunes yesterday) but id rather have physical copies. im not too into cds though mainly because i can easily just download the music and burn it.

7physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:34 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

I prefer the vinyl/mp3 combo as well, it's great. I really enjoy records, but like Matt, I'm always on the move so I listen to mp3s in my car more often. I also have CD's in my car for when I forget my iPod.

So.

Physical.

I like having something to hold.

No.

8physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:17 am

chrislynch

personally, even if i buy a cd, i'll still listen to the music on my ipod or my computer. i'll spend the money just to support the artist if i really like music that i've downloaded, but rarely do i buy cd's. i never really got into vinyl at all either.

9physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:43 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

i don't think i'll ever buy another CD for as long as i live. i buy records like an asshole though, and listen to mp3s where ever there is no turn table.

10physical copy vs. digital downloads Empty Re: physical copy vs. digital downloads Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Hoarse Pat

chrislynch wrote:personally, even if i buy a cd, i'll still listen to the music on my ipod or my computer. i'll spend the money just to support the artist if i really like music that i've downloaded, but rarely do i buy cd's. i never really got into vinyl at all either.

Same. I don't even own a record player.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum