D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

seein Stretch Arm Strongs last show tonight

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dayisdone

dayisdone

pretty pumped about it. Plus I get to see Bane for the first time. They better play Ante Up or I'm going to be pissed.

jacobxw

jacobxw

dayisdone wrote:pretty pumped about it. Plus I get to see Bane for the first time. They better play Ante Up or I'm going to be pissed.
that's rad your going. let us know how it goes. I've seen Bane twice, and they are awesome. They almost always take requests, and play all the hits. One of the top 5 bands I've ever seen.

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

dayisdone

dayisdone

jacobxw wrote:
dayisdone wrote:pretty pumped about it. Plus I get to see Bane for the first time. They better play Ante Up or I'm going to be pissed.
that's rad your going. let us know how it goes. I've seen Bane twice, and they are awesome. They almost always take requests, and play all the hits. One of the top 5 bands I've ever seen.

Damn thats whats up. The original Comeback Kid lineup back when "Turn it Around" came out was one of the best bands I have ever seen of that kind of genre. Have Heart was one of them also.

jacobxw

jacobxw

dayisdone wrote:
jacobxw wrote:

Damn thats whats up. The original Comeback Kid lineup back when "Turn it Around" came out was one of the best bands I have ever seen of that kind of genre. Have Heart was one of them also.
Get ready, they are so good live. I saw them with H2O, and if it wouldn't have been H2O's first tour in a last few years, Bane would've stole the show with their set.

jacobxw

jacobxw

day is done, how was this show?!

I heard it was awesome.

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

dayisdone wrote: I get to see Bane for the first time.

dimebag

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

dayisdone

dayisdone

jacobxw wrote:day is done, how was this show?!

I heard it was awesome.

ok show recap

This place was a little bar in downtown Columbia, and definately was breaking the fire code for the night. There were about 250 kids packed into a place that could barely hold 150. I like shows like that though.

The 1st band - I forget their name, and they were nothing new. Tried to sound like since the flood and it wasn't really working. Singer was a total douche. Nothing impressive at all.

Bane - amazing. first time seeing them. they played all the jams that I wanted them to play. their vocalist was one of the realest people I have seen in the hardcore community in a long time. There were so many people there just for Bane. They had so much energy, it was incredible. I was definately ontop of peoples heads when they played Ante Up. Best band of the night. I would really like to see them again. Oh yeah and they played a new song that was sick.

Evergreen Terrace - Wow, what the fuck happened to this band? Someone has been selling too many shirts at hot topic I guess. There were made scene headbanging kids everywhere for this band, and it was really sad. Considering I saw this band in St Albans and the brickhouse back when they were good. Their new stuff is such garbage, and it amazed me how many kids ate this shit up. They did play "sweet nothings" and "no donnie.." though, so that was the only good part about it. I don't really care if I ever see them again really.

Stretch Arm Strong - Columbia is their hometown, so kids were packed in like crazy. They actually opened with "For The Record" which suprised me, but it was so awesome. I haven't seen them since they played in St Albans or Huntington last time, and it had definately been way too long. This was one of the most energetic crowds I have ever been around or apart of during this set. Everyone was going crazy and stage diving, and singing along. It made me miss going to shows like this a lot. There arent a lot of bands anymore who bring that kind of passion to a show. They played about 15 songs and a lot of them were off all their old albums. The hot topic kids started getting submerged into people who you could tell were the true Stretch and hardcore fans, and it was awesome. I'm really glad I got to see their last show, and I hope they have a reunion show sometime. After they ended, everyone was shouting for one more song, and they came back out and played a cover song. After that, they played half of "For The Record" and then the whole place was pretty much onstage singing it acapella, and it definately made me realize why I love hardcore so much. Quite an amazing experience, and I was glad to be apart of it.

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Sheeeiiiiit dawg. Last time I saw Stretch Arm Strong was in Pittsburgh a few years ago and it was horrible, but that St. Albans set we saw was still one of my favorite shows I've ever been to. Sounds like this was nuts.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum