D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

so like, who here

+9
matt254543
ijustwishi
DirtCity
shanholtzer
jarred
mmcxii
jacobxw
butt_coffin
hosebeast
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1so like, who here Empty so like, who here Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

believes in some kind of god?

mainly, are there any christians on here?

do not get.

2so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 am

butt_coffin

butt_coffin

so like, who here Lemmy-01

3so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

hosebeast wrote:believes in some kind of god?

mainly, are there any christians on here?

do not get.
believing in a god or not believing in any god is pretty insane to me. I do not understand how you can be so sure one way or the other.

OFF TOPIC: posting in a thread that will lead to lots of stupid pictures, but hopefully a good conversation! so like, who here Icon_cyclops

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

4so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 am

mmcxii

mmcxii

butt_coffin wrote:so like, who here Lemmy-01

topic fucking over.

5so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 pm

jarred

jarred

butt_coffin wrote:trick question

6so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:17 pm

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

jarred wrote:
butt_coffin wrote:trick question

FUCKING BEAT ME TO IT

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

7so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

I do. Not going to say I've never had doubts, but I do believe. I'm not a big fan of much organized religion and I find that a whole lot of people who are Christians are super judgmental and I hate that. I know some good people who are atheists and I know some good people who are Christians. It's not up to me to judge who of us is right and wrong, but I have my own personal beliefs and faith.

8so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 pm

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

i believe in gods (and no, not the band...though i do believe in them as well).

9so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:28 pm

matt254543

I can't wait until the rapture!

You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> hosebeast
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> butt_coffin
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> jacobxw
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> mmcxii
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> jarred
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> shanholtzer
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> DirtCity
You're going to be left behind! >>>>>> ijustwishi

10so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:22 am

matt254543

I guess I should mention that I am just kidding if you couldn't tell. I am making reference to the American Dad episode where Stan is upset because no one says Merry Christmas anymore and he says that to everyone in the store. I don't know if anyone else watches that show.

but to answer the question. I do believe in God... most of the time.... but I'm not a conservative christian abortion/gay/evolution hater. Believing in a God really isn't like something I can know for sure. Its just more of a choice. I think if there is a God, He or She or It is probably severely disappointed in the people that choose to use their belief to promote hate, discriminate, judge, and discount science and logic.

11so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

DirtCity wrote:I do. Not going to say I've never had doubts, but I do believe. I'm not a big fan of much organized religion and I find that a whole lot of people who are Christians are super judgmental and I hate that. I know some good people who are atheists and I know some good people who are Christians. It's not up to me to judge who of us is right and wrong, but I have my own personal beliefs and faith.

see, it's when i see/talk to someone that i think is awesome that says something like this and i feel bad for asserting my opinions.

i honestly feel that in today's day and age, young people have so many tools for research and don't have to just hang onto the beliefs that have been instilled in them since childhood. not saying that you are at all, but i think you get the gist of what i'm saying.

when i see someone who believes in a christian god, i feel like they're doing so not out of any kind of genuine faith-based experience or logical reason, but out of laziness. often, christians will say "it's a faith thing" or something when presented with the huge amount of evidence that the bible is nothing more than a huge case of plagiarism. that's basically like saying "i'm choosing to not believe in logic because this is easier."

i don't know, like i said i feel guilty calling someone out for what their beliefs are, but at the same time i know that i shouldn't because it goes deeper than just them believing in something. i honestly feel like it's just that the person is choosing ignorance over logic.

ADAM - reading that back, none of it is directed at you in any way, save for the part that i replied to. i'm just stating my stance on the christian faith in general.

12so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:10 am

DirtCity

DirtCity

hosebeast wrote:
DirtCity wrote:I do. Not going to say I've never had doubts, but I do believe. I'm not a big fan of much organized religion and I find that a whole lot of people who are Christians are super judgmental and I hate that. I know some good people who are atheists and I know some good people who are Christians. It's not up to me to judge who of us is right and wrong, but I have my own personal beliefs and faith.

see, it's when i see/talk to someone that i think is awesome that says something like this and i feel bad for asserting my opinions.

i honestly feel that in today's day and age, young people have so many tools for research and don't have to just hang onto the beliefs that have been instilled in them since childhood. not saying that you are at all, but i think you get the gist of what i'm saying.

when i see someone who believes in a christian god, i feel like they're doing so not out of any kind of genuine faith-based experience or logical reason, but out of laziness. often, christians will say "it's a faith thing" or something when presented with the huge amount of evidence that the bible is nothing more than a huge case of plagiarism. that's basically like saying "i'm choosing to not believe in logic because this is easier."

i don't know, like i said i feel guilty calling someone out for what their beliefs are, but at the same time i know that i shouldn't because it goes deeper than just them believing in something. i honestly feel like it's just that the person is choosing ignorance over logic.

ADAM - reading that back, none of it is directed at you in any way, save for the part that i replied to. i'm just stating my stance on the christian faith in general.

Hey, it's cool with me. Everyone has their own beliefs and I dig that. And I know what you mean, but a lot of times it's not because it's easier, it's more of... it's deeper than logic...

I don't know if that makes any sense. It's like something you can feel but can't explain. It's a really difficult subject to explain. Yes I believe in God, Jesus, all that good stuff. That doesn't mean I believe every single thing in the Bible is concrete fact. I'm still up in the air on a lot of it. I believe in metaphor, etc. It's a very confusing thing to me, but I still consider myself a believer.

But I really agree with Matt that it's shameful when people use religion as something to persecute everyone who doesn't agree with them. Unfortunately it happens all the time.

13so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am

shanholtzer

shanholtzer

did we forget that this is the internet?

http://www.derrickshanholtzer.com

14so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

yr whole life is he internet. contribute something or go post in a thread where jacob fucks something up, pussy.

15so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

DirtCity wrote:
hosebeast wrote:

a lot of times it's not because it's easier, it's more of... it's deeper than logic...

see, to me, they're one in the same. i know you said it's confusing for you, but could try and elaborate a little more? it seems like yr re-enforcing what i said. no offense, i'm just curious.

16so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:24 am

damienthulhu

damienthulhu

DirtCity wrote:

Hey, it's cool with me. Everyone has their own beliefs and I dig that. And I know what you mean, but a lot of times it's not because it's easier, it's more of... it's deeper than logic...

I don't know if that makes any sense. It's like something you can feel but can't explain. It's a really difficult subject to explain. Yes I believe in God, Jesus, all that good stuff. That doesn't mean I believe every single thing in the Bible is concrete fact. I'm still up in the air on a lot of it. I believe in metaphor, etc. It's a very confusing thing to me, but I still consider myself a believer.

But I really agree with Matt that it's shameful when people use religion as something to persecute everyone who doesn't agree with them. Unfortunately it happens all the time.

i agree with this i believe in god and everything along with it but the bible has been rewritten so many times its impossible to really know what it originaly said and theres so many meanings everyone has a different opinion on what it means i dont choose to call myself a "Christian" because i think its become a really dirty word with people like benny hinn going on tv and just causing a hoopla in the bible they were called followers of god and thats what i choose to call myself but im not at all judgemental i mean its non of my business really what someone decides to believe in or worship i mean i would love for everyone to see everything my way but who wouldnt and thats why people are people we all have different outlooks and opinions on everything and about the being raised into a belief system i found any kind of faith i had on my own my mom and dad are actually very avid athiests i dont know i just wish things like this werent such an issue and everyone could just accept others for who they are and not try to insult someone on something they believe but hey we live in america and thats a different story in itself but on a lighter note i really really dislike the whole "god free" trend and the opposite "god freed us" trend that just seems like a reason for 13 year olds to blog about how much they dislike each other to me sorry im no good at punctuation

http://www.myspace.com/damienbigfoot

17so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 pm

matt254543

DirtCity wrote:

I think I get what you mean here. Its more like choosing to believe that things exist beyond your own comprehension. That doesn't mean you have to not believe in things that are proven science as well. Its kind of like the whole evolution vs. creation thing. Why can't people that believe in a creator believe that the creator was smart enough to create things to evolve?

18so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:34 pm

DirtCity

DirtCity

matt254543 wrote:
DirtCity wrote:

I think I get what you mean here. Its more like choosing to believe that things exist beyond your own comprehension. That doesn't mean you have to not believe in things that are proven science as well. Its kind of like the whole evolution vs. creation thing. Why can't people that believe in a creator believe that the creator was smart enough to create things to evolve?

I agree with Matt here for sure.

And J, I know it just sounds like I'm enforcing your opinion, maybe I am. I can only explain it as I see it in my life. I can feel a presence in my life or something like that. Maybe it's not as strong as it used to be, but it's there. I don't know, it's late and I'm tired. I'll try and explain another day.

19so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Hoarse Pat

hosebeast wrote:

I don't like you J, but I agree with you on most of your views on this subject.

20so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

matt254543 wrote:
DirtCity wrote:

see, i could probably understand something like this. sadly, though, this is like the first time in my life that anyone has given a response siting the fact that evolution could still work in a christian-theological world. i wouldn't get so heated/annoyed/depressed at people if they could take things as not so -cut-and-dry.

adam - that's fine dude, i wasn't like, calling you out or anything, or trying to make you feel shitty. i was just curious. i look forward to reading what you have to say.

also, i don't think i've ever talked to pat stump in my life about anything, but the more the merrier. and he said: cometh and discuss the christian faith and all the lols it can soon bring, brethren.

21so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm

chrislynch

i went to church until i was like 15. i just became kind of disenchanted with the whole thing. and not to disrespect anybody's opinions on religion, but it seems like the older i get, and the more i read on the topic, i just don't think there's a god.
a lot of people try to say that religion is comforting, or they feel god around them, and that's a good enough reason to believe in him. a lot of people also ask me, "what if there is a god? aren't you scared that you're going to hell?" well, those reasons just aren't good enough for me. once again, i'm not saying anyone on here has said those things or thinks that way, just giving examples of arguments i get for god on a regular basis. if there were ANY reason i could see logically for me to believe in god, than i would give it a second thought. for now, i'm going to stick with the whole no god thing.

22so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 pm

hosebeast

hosebeast

based on what you just said, i feel like if there is a god and a heaven and all that, and you can't get in just because you're not convinced that there is a god, then i don't really want to go to heaven. it's like not getting into studio 54 if you're not dressed a certain way, or not being allowed to get drunk on the 4th of july because you think america sucks. atheists are viewed as shitheads in our society, and i don't get it. just because a person isn't convinced that there's an omnipresent, omniscient being out there watching us all jerk off shouldn't condemn them to a huge pile of fire and AIDS for all of eternity.

23so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 pm

chrislynch

hosebeast wrote:based on what you just said, i feel like if there is a god and a heaven and all that, and you can't get in just because you're not convinced that there is a god, then i don't really want to go to heaven. it's like not getting into studio 54 if you're not dressed a certain way, or not being allowed to get drunk on the 4th of july because you think america sucks. atheists are viewed as shitheads in our society, and i don't get it. just because a person isn't convinced that there's an omnipresent, omniscient being out there watching us all jerk off shouldn't condemn them to a huge pile of fire and AIDS for all of eternity.

and that's the main problem i have with christianity. i think if god does exist, and is worthy of our praise, that he would appreciate my well-reasoned skepticism more than blind allegiance either because someone follows along in their parents religion, or is just plain scared of god and hell.
but, once again, i really doubt that god exists.

24so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:11 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

WINRAR

25so like, who here Empty Re: so like, who here Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:32 am

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

ACSlaterBeatMeUp

so like, who here Scott%20stapp2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: