D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Queers, Apers + more @ Shamrocks 2/3/11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Queers, Apers + more @ Shamrocks 2/3/11 Empty Queers, Apers + more @ Shamrocks 2/3/11 Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

The Nakeds - Reminded me a bit of Screeching Weasel, which is good.. The show started pretty late (supposed to start at 8:30, ended up starting maybe an hour and a half late) so they seemed rushed. Overall they were good in my book.

The Renfields - I'm not that big into the horror punk thing, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they get signed one day (laugh all you want, but I could see it)... The Transylvania gimmick was humorous, the songs were tight (for what it was), and they played for just the right amount of time. So it was alright by me.

The Apers - This band was from the Netherlands and they pretty much cracked jokes about the Renfields in between each song. Saying things like "Transylvania is actually a province in the Netherlands, and sorry to tell you, but your accent isn't accurate, you should work on that"... They began playing "Country Roads", but they botched quite a few words.. it offended quite a few people in the process, people were yelling "Don't fucking play it if you don't fucking know it".. I can't really say it offended me THAT much, but eh, at least they tried? Anyhow, their songs were catchy as fuck, the singer was hilarious, and it was quite entertaining. Overall I'd say they were great.

The Queers - Good god, constant movement, non-stop music, non-stop fucking shit yeah!! MY only problem with their set was that you couldn't really tell when some songs ended and some songs began. But hey, it was the Queers, and it was the shit. They did a Black Flag cover (White Minority), and I pretty much went ape shit. A lot of kids thought it was funny to throw a few bottles of beer into the crowd, but honestly it was pretty stupid. Glass on the floor while it being slippery? COOL!!!!... mehh it's a punk show, you're going to have a few bad apples amongst the group.

+'s
Seeing a few friends I had made during my year of living in Huntington
Found a sweet Red Wings decal at the mall
Hardee's certainly made a delicious chicken sandwich
Seeing Kyle Full go completely nuts during the Queers
Having a dude that used to be a total dickhead to me apologize and said it was immature the way he had acted when he and his friends came to my house to kick my ass.. So that's a definite plus. MAD PROPS!

-'s
The shitty people that threw the beer
getting home at 4am
seeing my ex.... AHHHH!!!!
$4.50 for a Jack & Coke.. AHHH!!!!
The fat girl that kept staring me down like she wanted to FUCK ME!!! AHHHHH!!!
The crust punk that came in and reeked of pot... KILL ME!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum