D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Jacob...

+3
dingbat
jacobxw
Zetterberger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey Jacob... Empty Hey Jacob... Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:54 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

Hey Jacob... 306334029v4_225x225_Front

Move back home.

2Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:13 pm

jacobxw

jacobxw

no it doesn't! and noooo!

http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

3Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:34 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

I honestly thought more people would back me up on that post. GAYYYY

4Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

noppeee! no one wants me back except you Jermey! :'(

5Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

Well, I do.. Colonel Cock Sauce Razz

6Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:12 am

dingbat

dingbat

Kentucky is better than Ohio.

http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

7Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:02 am

brummy

brummy

Dingbat wrote:Kentucky is better than Ohio.

Hell is better than Ohio

8Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:03 am

brummy

brummy

where in ky jelly did you move to?

9Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:23 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

new jersey is the worst state out of all 50 states. also, i moved to bowling green, ky. it's about 40 minutes from nashville, tn.

10Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:03 am

brummy

brummy

jacobxw wrote:new jersey is the worst state out of all 50 states. also, i moved to bowling green, ky. it's about 40 minutes from nashville, tn.

oh, ok thats cool. it could be worse. i was in southeastern ky (daniel boone natl forest area) this past summer and jesus fuck christ did i think i was gonna get eaten.

11Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:18 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

remember when we drove to my parents' house in TN like last summer and literally the VERY SECOND we got into kentucky, it got like 15 degrees hotter? then, there's NOTHING in kentucky outside of the cities besides rest stops and interstates? jesus, i hated driving through that place.

did you just move there to be with yr girlyfriend, jacob? do you have other friends and stuff down there? obviously you like it, so i don't think i have to ask that, but i don't remember you ever making a post about yr area or what there is to do or anything. DIVULGE, JACOB, DIVULGE!

12Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:24 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

have you gone to nashville yet? there's a really awesome record store there called grimey's. the meat puppets played there like the day after i was there last year. it sucked for me because the only places people tell you to check out are the strip -"yeah, there are a few record stores down there, find anything you could imagine..." but then you go, and it's literally a whole store devoted to elvis with like 4 different records stacked in piles of 200 for idiot dads who are just now getting into elvis, i don't know. when i gained access to a computer i just made a list of 4 record stores and grimey's was the first one so i got pretty lucky. i ended up getting godspeed's lift yr skinny fists... and explosions in the sky's those who tell the truth... (i was in a really big post rock/psych rock revival phase, kill me) and they both survived the wreck i was in last summer. got them both for a combined $22. pretty badass.

there's a ton of stuff to do in nashville, this was just all i had time for really as we only stayed for one night. i'm looking forward to a rundown of yr experiences down there so far, if you'd be so kind man. like, where do you work? you doing ok with monies and health and stuff? whats up bubby?

13Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:32 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

hosebeast wrote:remember when we drove to my parents' house in TN like last summer and literally the VERY SECOND we got into kentucky, it got like 15 degrees hotter? then, there's NOTHING in kentucky outside of the cities besides rest stops and interstates? jesus, i hated driving through that place.

did you just move there to be with yr girlyfriend, jacob? do you have other friends and stuff down there? obviously you like it, so i don't think i have to ask that, but i don't remember you ever making a post about yr area or what there is to do or anything. DIVULGE, JACOB, DIVULGE!

yes, i did. i have a few work friend, and i hangout with my girlfriends brother a good bit because he's into good music, and has the same interests as me, but i haven't met anyone other than that just because i don't know where the "people" i would enjoy being around hangout. but anyways, as far as stuff to do. i go to the record store a lot, go downtown on the weekends, and to nashville when i can afford it. there's no scene here really unless you like bring me the horizon or whitechapel, but i live 40 minutes from nashville so MOST bands I want to see come super close. there's other stuff to do here, but i'm drawing a blank at the moment. it's an awesome city though, it's nice to be able to drive anywhere i want to be in 5-10 minutes or less rather than 25-35 minutes.

14Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:50 am

jacobxw

jacobxw

didn't see your second post. my bad. grimeys is very aweesome! the great escape (record store here) is awesome. yesterday they had two akaline trio records, piebald, black flag, the get up kids (og press of STWHA), and a bunch of other great stuff in. i alspo forgot to mention they have tonsss of awesome thrift stores here, and an awesome flea market I frequent a lot.

15Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:06 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

brummy wrote:

Hell is better than Ohio

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Marietta isn't really that bad, I see the same things here that I would anywhere else. Same restaurants, same amount of parks, same stores. The big difference here in Marietta is that there is SOME form of hockey (which means a lot to me, for those of you who don't know me).

Another key point: My car insurance was literally cut in half once I moved to Ohio. I don't need an inspection every year.

I still work in Parkersburg, but that part isn't really all that bad considering it's 10-15 minutes away from here.

I've been almost everywhere that there is to go in Ohio.

Columbus is AWFUL.

Cleveland is alright.

Cincinnatti isn't that bad.

Canton is okay.

Dayton fucking rules.

Lima is where Al Snow is from, and apparently Head is a big deal (Am I right wrestling fans? Smile )

Sandusky has Cedar Point, so that fucking rules.

Oh, and don't start that "Ohio drivers suuuuck" crap, because I see more West Virginians not using a turn signal than I do Ohio drivers.

16Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 am

Yoibomb

Yoibomb

Ohio drivers suuuuck and don't understand what the left lane is for.

http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

17Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 am

Haverchuck

Haverchuck

The real reason why insurance is so cheap in Ohio is because a lot of insurance companies are based there, Nationwide, State Auto, Motorists Mutual,
Progressive, all have headquaters in Ohio.

Ohio drivers do suck, and I believe that with every fiber of my being.

http://www.myspace.com/downgoesfrazier

18Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

I think all drivers have the potential to "suck"

19Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:37 am

hosebeast

hosebeast

Zetterberger wrote:
brummy wrote:

Hell is better than Ohio

Marietta isn't really that bad, I see the same things here that I would anywhere else. Same restaurants, same amount of parks, same stores. The big difference here in Marietta is that there is SOME form of hockey (which means a lot to me, for those of you who don't know me).

Another key point: My car insurance was literally cut in half once I moved to Ohio. I don't need an inspection every year.

I still work in Parkersburg, but that part isn't really all that bad considering it's 10-15 minutes away from here.

Columbus is AWFUL.

Cleveland is alright.

Canton is okay.

Dayton fucking rules.

Lima is where Al Snow is from, and apparently Head is a big deal (Am I right wrestling fans? Smile )

Oh, and don't start that "Ohio drivers suuuuck" crap, because I see more West Virginians not using a turn signal than I do Ohio drivers.

yeah, ohio isn't that bad at all. ohio sucks if you live in the corn fields, but there are some cool towns along the ohio river, and i've loved all of the cities in ohio that i've been to. if your only point of reference as far as living in ohio has been a place like cambridge or marietta, then yeah, it would definitely suck, but any of the cities there are pretty cool.

-columbus DOES NOT suck. it's a great starter city, and relatively easy to navigate through. there are cool restaurants and places to shop, and things are pretty cheap. some of the neighborhoods are cool and there are a lot of things to do there overall. why do you dislike columbus, jeremy?

-cleveland is cool in the sense that it's an old industrial city that still has a passionate population. i wouldn't suggest moving there if you're career oriented, but if you have parents there or just wanna work some lame day job, it'd be fine. there's a lot of good music there, nice sports facilities(the teams suck, though), some really good art, and a few people that i consider to be real national treasures. like harvey pekar, dee dee ramone, john elliot from emeralds haha... there's a lot of history there, and it's small enough not to be intimidating. the downtown is a ghost town, but the surrounding neighborhoods are awesome.

-canton is place i visited a few times when i was young. i'm a football fan, and one of the coolest things i ever got to do in that sense was go to a canton mckinley football game. amazing atmosphere and one of the best high school stadiums in the nation. the hall of fame pre-season nfl game is played there every year. it's small, but a neat little town.

-never been to cincy, but i hear they hate white people

-stubenville is the same thing as canton. high school football is amazing

-kent is a rad town. out in the woods, a lot of weird and cool townies who never went to college there, but do some great stuff with music and food and culture there. it's great.

-athens is a great college town. it's so small, but has everything i'd need. a mediocre record store, diverse DIY music scene(even if a lot of it sucks) and brick streets!

*i'll add to this later, i'm being hurried.

20Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 am

brummy

brummy

Zetterberger wrote:
brummy wrote:

Hell is better than Ohio

Columbus is AWFUL.

Cleveland is alright.

Canton is okay.

Dayton fucking rules.

live in new concord for 3 years and tell me you still like ohio

21Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

Living in one place for so long doesn't make the entire state awful. Have you ever been stepped foot anywhere near Wirt County, WV? That place is horrid, yet it doesn't mean that the whole state of West Virginia is awful.

West Virginia, just like any other state, has it's good parts and bad parts. I'm not trying to say anyone is right or wrong by stating their opinions, but it's very tough to say that an entire state sucks just because of one place.

Same goes for saying that Ohio drivers suck, it's ridiculous.

Nobody on here has been in every city in the state to make that claim. There could be some shitty drivers in Marietta, but there may be the best drivers in the world located in Blue Ash, OH. It's just silly to say things like that. I know for a fact that there are some awful drivers here, but there are also awful drivers in Parkersburg.

Oh and J..

I strongly dislike Columbus mainly due to the fact that a few friends and I drove up to see a show at Bernies and our cars were towed. We parked where we saw no signs of being towed, but sure enough after the show we go outside and our cars are gone. We walked 3 miles to the lot to try and get them out. The lady was a stuck up bitch and said "Yes, we do go out of our way to tow West Virginia cars, welcome to Columbus."

And I hate Ohio State University.

Also, I have been to two shows at the "15th house".. not my thing, just a bunch of idiots all standing around packing their weed into their pipes. Totally the cool spot if you are 17 and looking to stick one to the man.

Ha, I'll probably get beat up now.

22Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:37 am

brummy

brummy

Zetterberger wrote:Living in one place for so long doesn't make the entire state awful. Have you ever been stepped foot anywhere near Wirt County, WV? That place is horrid, yet it doesn't mean that the whole state of West Virginia is awful.

West Virginia, just like any other state, has it's good parts and bad parts. I'm not trying to say anyone is right or wrong by stating their opinions, but it's very tough to say that an entire state sucks just because of one place.

Same goes for saying that Ohio drivers suck, it's ridiculous.

Nobody on here has been in every city in the state to make that claim. There could be some shitty drivers in Marietta, but there may be the best drivers in the world located in Blue Ash, OH. It's just silly to say things like that. I know for a fact that there are some awful drivers here, but there are also awful drivers in Parkersburg.

Oh and J..

I strongly dislike Columbus mainly due to the fact that a few friends and I drove up to see a show at Bernies and our cars were towed. We parked where we saw no signs of being towed, but sure enough after the show we go outside and our cars are gone. We walked 3 miles to the lot to try and get them out. The lady was a stuck up bitch and said "Yes, we do go out of our way to tow West Virginia cars, welcome to Columbus."

And I hate Ohio State University.

Also, I have been to two shows at the "15th house".. not my thing, just a bunch of idiots all standing around packing their weed into their pipes. Totally the cool spot if you are 17 and looking to stick one to the man.

Ha, I'll probably get beat up now.

you do realize im not being serious right?

23Hey Jacob... Empty Re: Hey Jacob... Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm

brummy

brummy

Hey Jacob... 20050102-fuck-ohio
Hey Jacob... Ohio
Hey Jacob... 22775165_61a43a955b
Hey Jacob... Ohioi
Hey Jacob... I-blame-ohio-dont-steal-bandwidth
Hey Jacob... Brutus

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]