D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

251 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 pm

mmcxii wrote:
brummy wrote:ill trade you two packs of gum, some old records that a friend gave to me, a boss rdjx9-22 ultimate fuzz/delay/chorus/octave pedal, four guitar strings, and ill buy you some fast food for a normal flying v. come on, do this. i need that guitar. this material thing transcends a mere want. i need it.

Which fast food? No dollar menu shit and you might have yourself a deal.

i dont know man, dollar menu is all i can swing right now. how about instead of that, i throw in some more records that friends gave to me. come on, what do you have to lose? im about 5 months behind on rent, but i neeeeeed this guitar.

View user profile

252 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat May 15, 2010 11:31 am

Pics of the newly refinished RG









Mods done: new metallic blue finish (duh), middle pickup hole filled in, rounded the edges of the body so now it looks and feels more Strat-like than RG-like, scalloped frets 19-24, replaced the stock pickups with Seymour Duncans, replaced the liscensed Floyd trem with a Kahler Hybrid trem

View user profile

253 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat May 15, 2010 12:32 pm

brummy wrote:
hosebeast wrote:you can do it really easily man, it's just tightening a nut.

speaking of, i want those allen wrench things back. it was that multi-tool thing that had a whole bunch of different sizes; i let you borrow it to fix something guitar-related the last time you were in. but yeah, just go ahead and mail that to me or give it to mutual friend to give to me or something.

i'll probably just throw it away.

View user profile

254 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat May 15, 2010 12:36 pm

i wanna learn how to play sitar so bad. i want to play around with one first though, but i don't know where to even look for one anywhere around here at all. you guys ever see them anywhere?

View user profile

255 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 pm

hosebeast wrote:
brummy wrote:
hosebeast wrote:you can do it really easily man, it's just tightening a nut.

speaking of, i want those allen wrench things back. it was that multi-tool thing that had a whole bunch of different sizes; i let you borrow it to fix something guitar-related the last time you were in. but yeah, just go ahead and mail that to me or give it to mutual friend to give to me or something.

i'll probably just throw it away.
cool



Last edited by brummy on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

256 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat May 15, 2010 4:12 pm

sitar sounds so cool, i want one.

View user profile

257 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:48 pm

bump.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

258 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:53 am

bump bump bump. i sold/traded all my gear except my pedals, and bass. hopefully i'll be getting a guitar in the start of 2011! Then I can start riiifffiiinnnn'!

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

259 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:15 am

I've got some new stuff.

21" Armand Medium Ride
18" Armand Medium Thin Crash
16" A Series Medium Thin Crash
14" New Beat Hi Hats
Pork Pie Tractor Throne, green velvet top, camo sidewall.

If anyone has a 16" Rock Crash that they'd be willing to trade for the 16" cash get at me.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/heartholdstrue

260 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 pm

anyone trying to get rid of a 4x10 for cheap?

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

261 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm



Woooooooooooooooooooooooot!

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

262 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 pm



I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!

View user profile

263 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 pm

i don't give a shit what the so called "purists" say about this amp, it's fucking amazing. switch on the back labeled "club/arena" where club=25 watts and arena=180 watts. on the club setting with volume between 1 and 2 it was literally hurting my chest. it feels so good being able to play heavy music and actually being able to have it be heavy.



Last edited by hosebeast on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

264 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 pm

actually, you guys may be able to help me out. when turned on, it makes a vague, annoying noise - like basic amp scratching crap. could that have something to do with how the impedance was set? i guess my cab is 8ohms, but the head was set to 16. i didn't get a chance to hear it once i turned the head back down to 8, so i'm hoping that that's it. any help would be greatly appreciated!



Last edited by hosebeast on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

265 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm

hosebeast wrote:

I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!

Cool brah

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

266 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm

hosebeast wrote:actually, you guys may be able to help me out. when turned on, it makes a vague, annoying noise - like basic amp scratching crap. could that have something to do with how the impedance was set? i guess my cab is 8ohms, but the head was set to 16. i didn't get a chance to hear it once i turned the head back down to 8, so i'm hoping that that's it. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Running 16 ohms into an 8 ohm cab is overpowering the head, gotta match 8 to 8. That could be what the scratching was.

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

267 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:04 pm

i've heard that scratching souncs can also be caused by dirty caps. i don't even know what caps are lol. how do you clean them?

View user profile

268 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Never even heard of that before haha

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thebuzzing

269 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Pots and caps are potentiometers and capacitors. Interior parts that normally have to do with knobs that turn, guitars have pots and caps for each tone and volume knob, and lots of people trade 'em out for higher quality. I don't know exactly what each is in an amp, but I'd guess it has to do with a scratchy sound when the knobs turn.

View user profile

270 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 pm

SHUT IT, NERDS!

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/enzuigiriman

271 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Yoibomb wrote:SHUT IT, NERDS!

YEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!
affraid Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

View user profile

272 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 am

Thunderbeard wrote:
hosebeast wrote:actually, you guys may be able to help me out. when turned on, it makes a vague, annoying noise - like basic amp scratching crap. could that have something to do with how the impedance was set? i guess my cab is 8ohms, but the head was set to 16. i didn't get a chance to hear it once i turned the head back down to 8, so i'm hoping that that's it. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Running 16 ohms into an 8 ohm cab is overpowering the head, gotta match 8 to 8. That could be what the scratching was.

Yes, you really need to match your ohms or you will fuck your head up. But that set up looks awesome, J. Is that the OG Sunn Model T or the reissue?

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

273 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 am

it's the fender reissue but it still rules beyond belief. i wanna get another one when i'm actually in a band.

View user profile

274 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:35 am

hosebeast wrote:it's the fender reissue but it still rules beyond belief. i wanna get another one when i'm actually in a band.

I believe it. All the reissue's sound great too, surprisingly. Looks tight though.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/modestmouserfromthewest1

275 Re: Guitar/Bass/Drums thread version 2.0 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

yeah, justin totally came through on the cab. what a solid dude. i'd like to get a 1/15 or if i can find it, 3x15 sunn cab to add to that. then if i ever find it necessary to get another head, maybe use a 6x15 or something. i keep seeing these great riggs with all these sunn cabs, but living here it's almost impossible to find that shit on craigslist. it sucks.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum