D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.I.Y WEST VIRGINIA

Information about music, shows, and general discussion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moving to WV for about 6 months...

+7
Zetterberger
brummy
Bad Scene Everyones Fault
Ashley304
hosebeast
ijustwishi
Assassinate The Scientist
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Moving to WV for about 6 months... - Page 2 Empty Re: Moving to WV for about 6 months... Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 am

Zetterberger

Zetterberger

brummy wrote:
ijustwishi wrote:

i really don't care about playing outside of my town or, i guess, my general area. i LIKE to...don't get me wrong, but it's not something i feel like i must do. i am completely content with playing music to all of my friends and i DEFINITELY care about the music. i probably care too much, which is why it takes all of my bands like 6 months to do anything. i don't go to shows in morgantown and i don't even really know anyone in bands there, anymore. i could be wrong about them. i probably am. i am just speaking for myself and i am just stating that for me...my lack of drive(and again, i am not saying i don't WANT to play outside of my area or anything. i love to.) to play outside of my general area is not indicative of my level of care for my music.

as for the no place to have shows in parkersburg thing, in a few months...i will be in the position to change that. belly of the beast v2.0 coming soon. i promise.

Zetterberger wrote:All the bands/joke projects I've been apart of have almost always played out of the MOV. I'm pretty sure that I've played 3-4 shows total in the Parkersburg area... it had nothing to do with wanting to be seen, it's just nobody in this area was into the stuff I played...

I hope you guys don't think I was talking about you or the Pburg scene. All that shit throwing was totally directed at the Morgantown hipster collective.

Regardless, this thread has made me realize just how pointless it is to be here at reminisce-WV.com/iwishwewereallstillinhighschoolagain, so this is my last post and I don't even know why I'm even bothering to make a point of it. So in conclusion, this is stupid, I'm fucking out.

No man I didn't think you were talking about me or anything like that. Hell, hardly anyone in this area has ever seen a band I've played in. I know you weren't trying to start anything and I know that nobody else was either. I just wanted to state that I liked playing shows in front of my friends/people who already knew what we were about. I didn't care to turn people on to the music. The songs/20 seconds of randomness were created specifically for my bands' own enjoyment. Obviously that didn't quite work out since shows we've played generally only saw 10-15 people at most. But it's all good. Nobody should have any hard feelings over this discussion, seriously. haha

27Moving to WV for about 6 months... - Page 2 Empty Re: Moving to WV for about 6 months... Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:09 am

ijustwishi

ijustwishi

Zetterberger wrote:
brummy wrote:
ijustwishi wrote:

i really don't care about playing outside of my town or, i guess, my general area. i LIKE to...don't get me wrong, but it's not something i feel like i must do. i am completely content with playing music to all of my friends and i DEFINITELY care about the music. i probably care too much, which is why it takes all of my bands like 6 months to do anything. i don't go to shows in morgantown and i don't even really know anyone in bands there, anymore. i could be wrong about them. i probably am. i am just speaking for myself and i am just stating that for me...my lack of drive(and again, i am not saying i don't WANT to play outside of my area or anything. i love to.) to play outside of my general area is not indicative of my level of care for my music.

as for the no place to have shows in parkersburg thing, in a few months...i will be in the position to change that. belly of the beast v2.0 coming soon. i promise.

Zetterberger wrote:All the bands/joke projects I've been apart of have almost always played out of the MOV. I'm pretty sure that I've played 3-4 shows total in the Parkersburg area... it had nothing to do with wanting to be seen, it's just nobody in this area was into the stuff I played...

I hope you guys don't think I was talking about you or the Pburg scene. All that shit throwing was totally directed at the Morgantown hipster collective.

Regardless, this thread has made me realize just how pointless it is to be here at reminisce-WV.com/iwishwewereallstillinhighschoolagain, so this is my last post and I don't even know why I'm even bothering to make a point of it. So in conclusion, this is stupid, I'm fucking out.

No man I didn't think you were talking about me or anything like that. Hell, hardly anyone in this area has ever seen a band I've played in. I know you weren't trying to start anything and I know that nobody else was either. I just wanted to state that I liked playing shows in front of my friends/people who already knew what we were about. I didn't care to turn people on to the music. The songs/20 seconds of randomness were created specifically for my bands' own enjoyment. Obviously that didn't quite work out since shows we've played generally only saw 10-15 people at most. But it's all good. Nobody should have any hard feelings over this discussion, seriously. haha

that's exactly what i was saying. i liked playing to people who knew me or who at least knew what i was about and what my band was about.

28Moving to WV for about 6 months... - Page 2 Empty Dave Rave Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 am

daverave

Dave Rave is the biggest electronic music dance party in Southern Ohio. We are based in Athens, Ohio located just 45 minutes from Parkersburg. We throw all types of electronic music events in Athens and throughout the region.

We are throwing our first event event in Marietta at The Adelphia on 4/5, and we'd love to see some folks from Parkersburg.

As a new member to this forum, I can't post links, but look up "Dave Rave" on Facebook to find out more about our events.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum